I am Baaaaccckk

We had a homeless guy freeze in Springfield this last week, Lee
Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I will bike when it is cold but after a certain point, I would freeze my toes badly unless the
> batteries can keep up.
>
> The homeless are having real problems back east and here, when we had that snow a week ago since
> we are generally moderate most winters. Damp but not frigid
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:50:13 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I still see bikes being ridden around here when the temps are in the 20's
... as
> >long as roads and walkways are clear, bikes are ridden. Public
transportation in
> >my town stinks, so those that don't drive for whatever reason, really
only have
> >the choice to walk or bicycle. Some are pretty funny though - have to be
wearing
> >40 pounds of clothing on that cycle. <g> And then there are the
homeless, with
> >all their worldly belongings strapped securely on the bikes ... makes me
sad.

> >Joyce
> >
> >On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:17:14 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>I don't ride unless it is at least in the high 60's my ears get cold. Fortunately we have only
> >>had about 2 mornings when it was that cool.

> >>frigid ...
> >>might have
> >>temps here

> >>strong.

> >>land

> >>buzz.
> >>Not a

and
> >>the

<[email protected]>

> >>type

> >><[email protected]>

> >>the

oh yeah, and hot is bad on the bike ride....

> Well, it was day six and the final day of a six day ride with camping. We did not carry our
> camping gear - that was trucked. That day started with an early climb of about 2,300 feet (low
> gain compared with the other days) and then was pretty flat but so was I. I was pretty burned out
> and very tired. I claimed that if someone put a sheet of paper in front of the bike I would have
> needed granny gears to get over it. The ride was 6 days and travelled across 5 mountain passes
> with gains of 3,000 and 4,000 feet. I was hoping to lose weight while training for it but it did
> not happen so it was a lot of work. It MIGHT be easier now but then again, maybe not - it would
> still be a lot of work.
>
> And while eastern Washington has "dry" heat, that hot is hot.
>
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:44:47 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >ooo that last ride must have been a doozie.
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> I rode once in the snow - ONCE. But I do ride in the high 30's with my electric insoles. Same
> >> in the 40's. The 50's are pretty routine. I like the 60's. 70's are okay but at the high end it
> >> is warm and the 80's are generally too warm but I probably do it. We also rode in the high 90's
> >> once and could not keep hydrated. Actually, I take that back - I also rode across Washington
> >> State and a number of days were in the 90's in Eastern Washington - it was incredibly hot -
> >> much too hot. The last day of the ride was 93 miles and 98F.

<[email protected]>

has

and
> >and

> ><[email protected]>

> >days.

> >if
> >lunch.

seems somehow unfair doesn't it, Lee
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have to admit, I don't tolerate the cold well either. I think it's the
lack of
> that large insulation layer. Hub bought me these great outdoor socks,
that are
> used by hunters ... at least if my feet are warm it helps a bit. Most of
the time
> I wander through the house in my jeans, sweatshirt or sweater and
bathrobe. How
> the heck do the homeless find the money to travel to warmer climates? I
CAN'T
> even do that!
>
> Joyce
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:15:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >We get a lot more homeless here in the winter. They travel like the
birds
> >do also. I am really not tolerant of cold, more so now than when I had
some
> >fat. I freeze at anything below 70. The heater is on, and it is 66
outside
> >today and sunny.
> >
> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> I still see bikes being ridden around here when the temps are in the
20's
> >... as
> >> long as roads and walkways are clear, bikes are ridden. Public
> >transportation in
> >> my town stinks, so those that don't drive for whatever reason, really
only
> >have
> >> the choice to walk or bicycle. Some are pretty funny though - have to
be
> >wearing
> >> 40 pounds of clothing on that cycle. <g> And then there are the
homeless,
> >with
> >> all their worldly belongings strapped securely on the bikes ... makes
me
> >sad.
> >>
> >> Joyce

<[email protected]>

has

and
> >and

> ><[email protected]>

> >days.

> >if
> >lunch.

you know, I never considered how they get here. They begin to show up in November, all over the
place. They favor the underside of the freeway overpasses. Our police don't bother them at all
there. I imagine they hitchhike? Or something?

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have to admit, I don't tolerate the cold well either. I think it's the
lack of
> that large insulation layer. Hub bought me these great outdoor socks,
that are
> used by hunters ... at least if my feet are warm it helps a bit. Most of
the time
> I wander through the house in my jeans, sweatshirt or sweater and
bathrobe. How
> the heck do the homeless find the money to travel to warmer climates? I
CAN'T
> even do that!
>
> Joyce
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:15:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >We get a lot more homeless here in the winter. They travel like the
birds
> >do also. I am really not tolerant of cold, more so now than when I had
some
> >fat. I freeze at anything below 70. The heater is on, and it is 66
outside
> >today and sunny.
> >
> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> I still see bikes being ridden around here when the temps are in the
20's
> >... as
> >> long as roads and walkways are clear, bikes are ridden. Public
> >transportation in
> >> my town stinks, so those that don't drive for whatever reason, really
only
> >have
> >> the choice to walk or bicycle. Some are pretty funny though - have to
be
> >wearing
> >> 40 pounds of clothing on that cycle. <g> And then there are the
homeless,
> >with
> >> all their worldly belongings strapped securely on the bikes ... makes
me
> >sad.
> >>
> >> Joyce

<[email protected]>

has

and
> >and

> ><[email protected]>

> >days.

> >if
> >lunch.

I ate Way Too Much today. (giant sigh) there goes the 157 I got this morning.

> Freeze below 70F - oh, boy. I've got the heat set to 67F. Thinking of biking (rain stopped but sun
> is not showing much) to REI for a quick return item. Trying to talk friends into sushi for
> tonight.
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:15:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >We get a lot more homeless here in the winter. They travel like the
birds
> >do also. I am really not tolerant of cold, more so now than when I had
some
> >fat. I freeze at anything below 70. The heater is on, and it is 66
outside
> >today and sunny.
> >
> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> I still see bikes being ridden around here when the temps are in the
20's
> >... as
> >> long as roads and walkways are clear, bikes are ridden. Public
> >transportation in
> >> my town stinks, so those that don't drive for whatever reason, really
only
> >have
> >> the choice to walk or bicycle. Some are pretty funny though - have to
be
> >wearing
> >> 40 pounds of clothing on that cycle. <g> And then there are the
homeless,
> >with
> >> all their worldly belongings strapped securely on the bikes ... makes
me
> >sad.
> >>
> >> Joyce

<[email protected]>

has

and
> >and

> ><[email protected]>

> >days.

> >if
> >lunch.

Sometimes warmth on a bike ride would be nice but hot, not very often, if at all.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:38:33 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>oh yeah, and hot is bad on the bike ride....
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Well, it was day six and the final day of a six day ride with camping. We did not carry our
>> camping gear - that was trucked. That day started with an early climb of about 2,300 feet (low
>> gain compared with the other days) and then was pretty flat but so was I. I was pretty burned out
>> and very tired. I claimed that if someone put a sheet of paper in front of the bike I would have
>> needed granny gears to get over it. The ride was 6 days and travelled across 5 mountain passes
>> with gains of 3,000 and 4,000 feet. I was hoping to lose weight while training for it but it did
>> not happen so it was a lot of work. It MIGHT be easier now but then again, maybe not - it would
>> still be a lot of work.
>>
>> And while eastern Washington has "dry" heat, that hot is hot.
>>
>> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:44:47 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >ooo that last ride must have been a doozie.
>> >
>> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>bit
>strong -
>the

>the

><[email protected]>

>er...
>metabolic -
>mean?

>has

>as a
>and
>> >and
>as
>of

>> ><[email protected]>

>even

>> >days.

>see
>> >if
>> >lunch.
>off?

Buzz off! (G)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:42:05 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>flight of the bumblebee, would get a sweat up if you tried to imitate one to the music, Lee Lesanne
><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Classical Music? The can can. You know. Doo Doo, doodoodoodoo, DOO DOO, doodoodoodoo, Doo Doo,
>> doodoo, doodoodooDOOdoodoodoodoodoodoo...... Complete with kicks.
>>
>> Bolero.
>>
>> Tons of other stuff I don't know the names of...
>>

>> "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:eek:[email protected]...
>> > Thanks for the encouragement. Classical!

>said
>> "I
>Who
>> is
>> and

>Really
>exercise
>> in
>> there

>er...
>metabolic -
>mean?

>has

>> and
>as
>of

>> <[email protected]>

>even

>> days.

>see
>> if
>> lunch.
>off?

Hmmm. Where does that leave me - on top, on bottom.............. (G) And how can something be
ON bottom?

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:05:00 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I ate Way Too Much today. (giant sigh) there goes the 157 I got this morning.
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Freeze below 70F - oh, boy. I've got the heat set to 67F. Thinking of biking (rain stopped but
>> sun is not showing much) to REI for a quick return item. Trying to talk friends into sushi for
>> tonight.
>>
>> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:15:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >We get a lot more homeless here in the winter. They travel like the
>birds
>> >do also. I am really not tolerant of cold, more so now than when I had
>some
>> >fat. I freeze at anything below 70. The heater is on, and it is 66
>outside
>> >today and sunny.

>20's
>> >... as
>> >transportation in
>only
>> >have
>be
>> >wearing
>homeless,
>> >with
>me
>> >sad.

>bit
>strong -

>the

><[email protected]>

>er...
>metabolic -
>mean?

>has

>as a
>and
>> >and
>as
>of

>> ><[email protected]>

>even

>> >days.

>see
>> >if
>> >lunch.
>off?

I never considered the hitchiking. I relayed this to hub and he also stated that in our area
there are many *working homeless* ... don't make quite enough to pay for the expensive housing
here. But they may have enough funds to relocate during the nastier months? Regardless, it is
sad. We have warming stations where there are beds available for people in evenings, but it's my
understanding that these buildings are closed during the day. Well geeeeeesh - it's still dang
cold during the day here!

Joyce

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:04:15 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>you know, I never considered how they get here. They begin to show up in November, all over the
>place. They favor the underside of the freeway overpasses. Our police don't bother them at all
>there. I imagine they hitchhike? Or something?
>
>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> I have to admit, I don't tolerate the cold well either. I think it's the
>lack of
>> that large insulation layer. Hub bought me these great outdoor socks,
>that are
>> used by hunters ... at least if my feet are warm it helps a bit. Most of
>the time
>> I wander through the house in my jeans, sweatshirt or sweater and
>bathrobe. How
>> the heck do the homeless find the money to travel to warmer climates? I
>CAN'T
>> even do that!
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:15:21 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >We get a lot more homeless here in the winter. They travel like the
>birds
>> >do also. I am really not tolerant of cold, more so now than when I had
>some
>> >fat. I freeze at anything below 70. The heater is on, and it is 66
>outside
>> >today and sunny.

>20's
>> >... as
>> >transportation in
>only
>> >have
>be
>> >wearing
>homeless,
>> >with
>me
>> >sad.

>bit
>strong -
>the

>the

><[email protected]>

>er...
>metabolic -
>mean?

>has

>as a
>and
>> >and
>as
>of

>> ><[email protected]>

>even

>> >days.

>see
>> >if
>> >lunch.
>off?

lol, dancing around trying to use your stinger would be good on my tv
show,...Lee
Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Buzz off! (G)
>
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:42:05 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >flight of the bumblebee, would get a sweat up if you tried to imitate one
> >the music, Lee Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Classical Music? The can can. You know. Doo Doo, doodoodoodoo, DOO
DOO,
> >> doodoodoodoo, Doo Doo, doodoo, doodoodooDOOdoodoodoodoodoodoo...... Complete with kicks.
> >>
> >> Bolero.
> >>
> >> Tons of other stuff I don't know the names of...
> >>

> >> "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:eek:[email protected]...

> >said
> >> "I
> >Who
> >> is
> >> and

> >Really
> >exercise
> >> in
> >> there

<[email protected]>

> >er...
> >metabolic -
> >mean?

> >has

and
> >> and
> >as
> >of

> >> <[email protected]>

> >even

> >> days.

> >see
> >> if
After
> >> lunch.
> >off?

You are on top at this moment. ON bottom? I have been on my bottom a few times. Once when Ms Hildy
the wonderdobie saw a cat while I was walking her.....

> Hmmm. Where does that leave me - on top, on bottom.............. (G) And how can something be
> ON bottom?
>
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:05:00 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I ate Way Too Much today. (giant sigh) there goes the 157 I got this morning.
> >
> >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Freeze below 70F - oh, boy. I've got the heat set to 67F. Thinking of biking (rain stopped but
> >> sun is not showing much) to REI for a quick return item. Trying to talk friends into sushi for
> >> tonight.

> >birds
> >some
> >outside

> >20's
> >only
> >be
> >homeless,
makes
> >me

> >bit
> >strong -

<[email protected]>

> >the

> ><[email protected]>

> >er...
> >metabolic -
> >mean?

> >has

> >as a
> >and
> >as
> >of

> >even

> >see
After
> >off?

hahahaha

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> lol, dancing around trying to use your stinger would be good on my tv show,...Lee Fred
> > Buzz off! (G)
> >
> > On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:42:05 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >flight of the bumblebee, would get a sweat up if you tried to imitate
one
> > >the music, Lee Lesanne <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >news:[email protected]...
> DOO,

> > >said
> > >Who