I am back, I have fallen off the wagon hard!

ks1911

Guest
2 years ago I followed a low carb diet and lost 52 pounds. After some
personal family challenges and an addiction to regular ice cream that reared
its head ugly head last summer I have managed to be right back where I began
just 2 years ago.

I have started my induction 5 days ago and so far am not seeing the scale
move. The only thing I do notice is my mind is clearer since stopping the
high carb food. I wake up in the morning much more alert not like I am
having a sugar withdrawal. I have been walking on my treadmill to try and
avoid the "Keto Flu". I am so out of shape now . UGGGhhhh!

This post is my declaration of a new start!
Jennifer
215/215/135

Welcome back and I wish you success.

--
Cheri

<[email protected]>...

ks1911 wrote:
:: 2 years ago I followed a low carb diet and lost 52 pounds. After some
:: personal family challenges and an addiction to regular ice cream
:: that reared its head ugly head last summer I have managed to be
:: right back where I began just 2 years ago.

Wow. Now you have to relose 52 new pounds.

Now is the time to make a real committment to low carb. No matter what
family issues arise in the future, you must always remember to eat a diet
that low in carbs, so you'll never get back on the carb ladder. And if
'regular ice cream' is a problem for you, then don't eat it. I don't know
about you, but I personally cannot stand doing something over.

Now, don't get me wrong, you're human and you slipped up and regained the
weight. All I'm saying here is to let that be the last time. I don't plan
to regain my 142 lbs of loss.

::
:: I have started my induction 5 days ago and so far am not seeing the
:: scale move. The only thing I do notice is my mind is clearer since
:: stopping the high carb food. I wake up in the morning much more
:: alert not like I am having a sugar withdrawal. I have been walking
:: on my treadmill to try and avoid the "Keto Flu". I am so out of
:: shape now . UGGGhhhh!
::
:: This post is my declaration of a new start!

And a declaration to never stop LCing (ie, maintenance)?

:: Jennifer
:: 215/215/135

ks1911 wrote:

> This post is my declaration of a new start!
> Jennifer
> 215/215/135

Welcome back, Jennifer. You know you can do it, because you've done it
before. The treadmill is excellent, too.

I'm a recent rejoiner to the pursuit of LC weight loss too. Did Atkins
in 2004, lost 40 pounds, and regained only 5 since July 2004. Just as a
data point, since then I've eaten mostly in Atkins maintenance style:
Still used Splenda instead of sugar, still didn't drink sugared drinks,
still didn't drink beer, still ate more veggies than I ever did, and
still ate bread or pasta only once in a while and in smaller portions.
And all the meat, dairy, and condiments I consumed were full-fat, never
fat-free or low-fat. And you know what? It really hasn't been that
difficult. I'm back now because I want to lose 50 more pounds.

Don't get me wrong: I fell off the wagon too, because I never followed
through and reached my original goal. Just wanted to let you know
you're not the only one recommitting, and also that this WOE in the
long-term is very doable.

Good luck.

Cate

You have to get away from this diet mentality. Make it a way of eating
or a way of life. Going back to junk carbs should not be an option.
Your health depends on it. And if you have kids, their future health
and the health of their kids will depend on how they learn to eat right
now.

TC

ks1911 wrote:
> 2 years ago I followed a low carb diet and lost 52 pounds. After some
> personal family challenges and an addiction to regular ice cream that reared
> its head ugly head last summer I have managed to be right back where I began
> just 2 years ago.
>
> I have started my induction 5 days ago and so far am not seeing the scale
> move. The only thing I do notice is my mind is clearer since stopping the
> high carb food. I wake up in the morning much more alert not like I am
> having a sugar withdrawal. I have been walking on my treadmill to try and
> avoid the "Keto Flu". I am so out of shape now . UGGGhhhh!
>
> This post is my declaration of a new start!
> Jennifer
> 215/215/135

You are not a lone as I am in the same boat as you.

A couple of years ago, I lost almost 50 lbs and felt better than I had
in years. Somehow, though, I just stopped - though I can't give you an
honest answer as to why. I think part of it had to do with the fact
that my wife was misserable and was complaining all the time, so we
started eating things to please her. Well, once in a while became all
the time and then after a while it became convience foods because they
were easier. It took a couple of years to put it back on, but I did.
I know that my wife isn't a good excuse but I believe its where it
began. Even as I noticed the unpleasant side effects coming back (e.g.
my jeans, which I used to be able to put myself and both arms into were
getting too tight) I just couldn't or wouldn't stop.

For months, I was saying I need to give this **** up cause of how bad I
felt. Then one day, I just decided to do it. I started noticing the
changes the very next day when I woke up. Often times I would be
groggy in the morning and have stiff feet and ankles, which immediately
disappeared. It has been about 3 weeks now, and except for this cold I
managed to catch, I have felt better than I have in over a year. I
still buy the junk for my wife to eat / drink when she asks for it, but
I have no desire to touch it myself.

For me, I realize that this has to be a way of life for me, which I
swore that it would be. I also swore to myself that I would NEVER
return to where I was, but somehow I did.

All I can say is don't beat yourself up over it because it can happen
to any of us.

Thanks all I need some support. I know I lost it! I know what the problem
is.
This is a new day!

Thanks,
Your story is somewhat like mine. All I can do is go on from here. When I
talked about an addiction to Ice Cream I really ment SUGAR. It is the
strangest thing the more I would eat the more I would want. I work at a
hospital and I see alcoholics, I would liken my need for sugar to that of an
alcoholics need for alcohol. By the way I don't drink alcohol. (not more
than 1-2 times per year)
Jen

In article <[email protected]>, ks1911
@swbell.net says...

> This post is my declaration of a new start!

Welcome back Jennifer!

--
Saffire
205/134/125

*** This post originated in alt.support.diet.low-carb -- its appearance
in any other forum is deceptive and unauthorized. ***