I am looking for a 24" front tt wheel

Dutch pacer

Nov 11, 2012
I am doing motor pacing racing on the track. Therefor I want to buy a 24" inch time traill front wheel. Mostly they come from HED, but not neccerely. Who can sell me one or know where to get one!? I have family in the UK.

If your problem in finding a suitable front wheel persists then ...

• FIND a TERRY dealer ...
  • BUY a 24" wheel ... they probably can sell you just the rim if you have a hub preference (e.g., DT/SWISS) ...
  • THEN, have it relaced x1 with bladed aero spokes OR the spokes of your choice.

Thanx for ure reply, but I think I´m looking for something used, since shops don´t sell the right rims and hubs, it needs to be really thin. In the 80´s or 90´s they used the small front wheels in timetrails on the road and on the track. That would be best. Here is a example;
6895663651_c7105c1232_z.jpg

Its hard to find it in a shop because most of the shops don't sell the new. You can find them used from your friends or any other, if someone has it with his older bike or as spare part of damaged bikes.

Originally Posted by Dutch pacer .

In the 80´s or 90´s they used the small front wheels in timetrails on the road and on the track. That would be best.
BTW. Considering how popular 650c wheels are with Triathletes, you may find a 650c front wheel-and-tyre to be suitable despite being slightly bigger than what you want to use ...

Although you would probably need a different fork, at least it will allow you to set up your bike.

• the taller fork will allow you to use a longer crank which will subsequently allow you to use a slightly larger chainring ...
  • of course, the slightly larger chainring could allow you to achieve & sustain a slightly higher speed

While not ideal, I would think that you should be able to get within 1cm of the frontal profile after you adjust the rider position with a zero-setback seatpost (i.e., presuming that you are not already using one) ...

Some OTHER adjustments could subsequently be made -- for example, the handlebars ... etc.

YOUR flexibility may be the only possible limitation to achieving almost as aerodynamic a riding position as you would have with the smaller front wheel.