I am so torn between buying a computer or a bike

LottomagicZ4941

Oct 6, 2004
But if I get the Bike I also have to get the wife one.

So torn.

Anyone else in a simular delema?

I'm so stressed at work I don't know how I would handel it with out the bloody soap box and the jokes.

LottomagicZ4941 said:

So torn.

I'm so stressed at work I don't know how I would handel it with out the bloody soap box and the jokes.

No decision as far as I'm concerned, bike, bike, bike, bike,.... you get the idea. I find cycling a great stress reliever, especially commuting home after work.

LottomagicZ4941 said:

So torn.

Just how attached are you to this wife?

eric_the_red said:
You thinking he can maybe trade the wife for a computer and a bike? :D
Agree, get divorced, try to make it with ot spending a lot of $$ (that's for my lawyer, a great one but very expensive), and then get the bike AND the computer!!!

My 0.2 cents :D

If you follow some of the advice above you could get a t-shirt printed that says: "I just got a new bike for my wife -- best trade I ever made."! :D

Shreklookalike said:
If you follow some of the advice above you could get a t-shirt printed that says: "I just got a new bike for my wife -- best trade I ever made."! :D
Where can I get one? can they put some small letter that says: "No refound allowed" or something like it?

LottomagicZ4941 said:

So torn.

My dilemna is getting another bike! :) Anyway, computers are cheap nowadays. You can finance it and pay no interest for a specific amount of time. Same as the bike. Performance has this 0% interest for 1year if your buying a bike that is $500 or more. Good luck!

eric_the_red said:
You thinking he can maybe trade the wife for a computer and a bike? :D

Depends on the model and the mileage I guess.

Keep the wife. Get a bike. Ride to your nearest library and use the computer.

Tmax1 aka Jerry

(just got a new bike...wife let me stay...)

Get a cycling computer.

You then have a great excuse to buy the bike, and, Viola! you have both!

"Just how attached are you to this wife?"

very so trading is not an option.

LOL on the idea though:)

Probably get her a bike and use it when she is at work:)

Just don't have enough money for eveything I want at the moment.

For what it's worth, I relate to the need to make financial choices. I got the bike first. I got a computer later, a much cheaper one than I would have gotten otherwise.

In the long run the bike was the absolutely, without a doubt, the best choice. The fun, health benefits and reduced stress make the bike a hands-down winner.

Get the wife a computer and get yourself a bike. Then you have both. Plus, if the wife says you need to get her a bike, say "come on!, i just got you a brand new computer".

LottomagicZ4941 said:

So torn.

I would definitely go for the bike. I am stuck with this computer thing all day long - I'd rather not have it at home in the first place... as for a bike for your wife - you lucky b***d:D , you have a wife that cycles! I envy you:cool: .

My wife's brother in Japan has had a similar problem but on a larger scale. He bought himself a Ferrari Testarossa. He joined a Ferrari club and when he told the other members about how angry his wife got when he brought home the car, (she did about $20k damage to the side of the car with a few well placed kicks) their unanimous response was "why did you tell her that you bought a Ferrari?"

Maybe you can just lock your new bike up somewhere away from home so she never has to know about it, like the guys in the Ferrari club in Japan.

Will your wife ride a bike if you get her one? My wife decided that I had too many bikes and it just wasn't fair that she didn't have one, so I bought her one. She has ridden it twice in the 6 months since I bought it for her, which is actually about twice as much as I expected.

Look the bright side, if you buy her a bike, you probably won't have to maintain it...

TD

If you need a bike to get a wife then I think you better choose the computer for now. :)

It depends on what you need. If you need a new computer and already have a bike, then maybe go with computer. But if you have a relatively new and working computer but have an old bike, maybe a new one will encourage you to ride more often. For me, I'd go with computer since it offers more than a regular bike.