I am the mountain biker

Baelwulfe

Guest
Just a funny story I thought I would share....

Friday I decide to take some friends from work and show off my favorite sport. Both my friends
are in very good shape and made it most of the way through special forces training but alas
washed out. I was feeling really good having one of the best rides I've ever had, I kicked
butt on one of the most technical trails that I ride ( shocked myself even). So here I have
kicking butt and showing off, I realize I left my buddies in the dust and stop to wait for
them. They shortly catch up and we start riding again I take a turn ( A turn even a 5 year old
could make) and totally dump my bike and knee planting at rock dead center to my knee cap in
front of everyone.

Never felt so cool in my life :) RH

"Baelwulfe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Just a funny story I thought I would share....
>
> Friday I decide to take some friends from work and show off my favorite sport. Both my friends
> are in very good shape and made it most of the way through special forces training but alas
> washed out.

What kind of excuses do they have for washing out? I really enjoy the "garden variety" excuses that
usually are multiple per individual.

JD

JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Baelwulfe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Just a funny story I thought I would share....
> >
> > Friday I decide to take some friends from work and show off my
favorite
> > sport. Both my friends are in very good shape and made it most of the
way
> > through special forces training but alas washed out.
>
> What kind of excuses do they have for washing out? I really enjoy the "garden variety" excuses
> that usually are multiple per individual.
>
> JD

The excuses I usually use are (in no particular order), "I won't be riding with you today because":

You always have terrible B/O.

I don't like you.

Today I'm going riding with someone who can keep up with me.

My girlfriend is especially horny today.

I think I'll stay home and eat pies.

Sorry - bad hair day.

I'm experiencing a particularly heavy period.

I have a court appearance for GBH.

Shaun aRe

news:<[email protected]>...
> JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > "Baelwulfe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Just a funny story I thought I would share....
> > >
> > > Friday I decide to take some friends from work and show off my
> favorite
> > > sport. Both my friends are in very good shape and made it most of the
> way
> > > through special forces training but alas washed out.
> >
> > What kind of excuses do they have for washing out? I really enjoy the "garden variety" excuses
> > that usually are multiple per individual.
> >
> > JD
>

> The excuses I usually use are (in no particular order), "I won't be riding with you today
> because":
>

> You always have terrible B/O.
>
> I don't like you.
>
> Today I'm going riding with someone who can keep up with me.
>
> My girlfriend is especially horny today.
>
> I think I'll stay home and eat pies.
>
> Sorry - bad hair day.
>
> I'm experiencing a particularly heavy period.
>
> I have a court appearance for GBH.
>
> Shaun aRe

Now let's read your great list in view of washing out of special forces school, such as BUDS, Ranger
school, etc. Petty funny, Shaun. You da man, and you didn't even know it this time!

Paladin

Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
news:<[email protected]>...
> > JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > "Baelwulfe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> > favorite
> > way
> > >
> > > What kind of excuses do they have for washing out? I really enjoy the "garden variety" excuses
> > > that usually are multiple per individual.
> > >
> > > JD
> >

> > The excuses I usually use are (in no particular order), "I won't be
riding
> > with you today because":
> >

> > You always have terrible B/O.
> >
> > I don't like you.
> >
> > Today I'm going riding with someone who can keep up with me.
> >
> > My girlfriend is especially horny today.
> >
> > I think I'll stay home and eat pies.
> >
> > Sorry - bad hair day.
> >
> > I'm experiencing a particularly heavy period.
> >
> > I have a court appearance for GBH.
> >
> > Shaun aRe
>

> Now let's read your great list in view of washing out of special forces school, such as BUDS,
> Ranger school, etc. Petty funny, Shaun. You da man, and you didn't even know it this time!
>
> Paladin

Heh - I never know it, my extreme modesty doesn't allow for knowing it.

Shaun aRe

So they didn't get their green beanie. Maybe they will settle for a chainring tattoo. I've got both
good old North Carolina from Fort Bragg to Camp McCall and beyond.

Fire up MTB 03