I am the mountain biker

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Baelwulfe, Jun 8, 2003.

  1. Baelwulfe

    Baelwulfe Guest

    Just a funny story I thought I would share....

    Friday I decide to take some friends from work and show off my favorite sport. Both my friends
    are in very good shape and made it most of the way through special forces training but alas
    washed out. I was feeling really good having one of the best rides I've ever had, I kicked
    butt on one of the most technical trails that I ride ( shocked myself even). So here I have
    kicking butt and showing off, I realize I left my buddies in the dust and stop to wait for
    them. They shortly catch up and we start riding again I take a turn ( A turn even a 5 year old
    could make) and totally dump my bike and knee planting at rock dead center to my knee cap in
    front of everyone.

    Never felt so cool in my life :) RH

    Tags:

  2. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Baelwulfe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just a funny story I thought I would share....
    >
    > Friday I decide to take some friends from work and show off my favorite sport. Both my friends
    > are in very good shape and made it most of the way through special forces training but alas
    > washed out.

    What kind of excuses do they have for washing out? I really enjoy the "garden variety" excuses that
    usually are multiple per individual.

    JD

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Baelwulfe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Just a funny story I thought I would share....
    > >
    > > Friday I decide to take some friends from work and show off my
    favorite
    > > sport. Both my friends are in very good shape and made it most of the
    way
    > > through special forces training but alas washed out.
    >
    > What kind of excuses do they have for washing out? I really enjoy the "garden variety" excuses
    > that usually are multiple per individual.
    >
    > JD

    The excuses I usually use are (in no particular order), "I won't be riding with you today because":

    You always have terrible B/O.

    I don't like you.

    Today I'm going riding with someone who can keep up with me.

    My girlfriend is especially horny today.

    I think I'll stay home and eat pies.

    Sorry - bad hair day.

    I'm experiencing a particularly heavy period.

    I have a court appearance for GBH.

    Shaun aRe

  4. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > "Baelwulfe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Just a funny story I thought I would share....
    > > >
    > > > Friday I decide to take some friends from work and show off my
    > favorite
    > > > sport. Both my friends are in very good shape and made it most of the
    > way
    > > > through special forces training but alas washed out.
    > >
    > > What kind of excuses do they have for washing out? I really enjoy the "garden variety" excuses
    > > that usually are multiple per individual.
    > >
    > > JD
    >

    > The excuses I usually use are (in no particular order), "I won't be riding with you today
    > because":
    >

    > You always have terrible B/O.
    >
    > I don't like you.
    >
    > Today I'm going riding with someone who can keep up with me.
    >
    > My girlfriend is especially horny today.
    >
    > I think I'll stay home and eat pies.
    >
    > Sorry - bad hair day.
    >
    > I'm experiencing a particularly heavy period.
    >
    > I have a court appearance for GBH.
    >
    > Shaun aRe

    Now let's read your great list in view of washing out of special forces school, such as BUDS, Ranger
    school, etc. Petty funny, Shaun. You da man, and you didn't even know it this time!

    Paladin

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > "Baelwulfe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > favorite
    > > way
    > > >
    > > > What kind of excuses do they have for washing out? I really enjoy the "garden variety" excuses
    > > > that usually are multiple per individual.
    > > >
    > > > JD
    > >

    > > The excuses I usually use are (in no particular order), "I won't be
    riding
    > > with you today because":
    > >

    > > You always have terrible B/O.
    > >
    > > I don't like you.
    > >
    > > Today I'm going riding with someone who can keep up with me.
    > >
    > > My girlfriend is especially horny today.
    > >
    > > I think I'll stay home and eat pies.
    > >
    > > Sorry - bad hair day.
    > >
    > > I'm experiencing a particularly heavy period.
    > >
    > > I have a court appearance for GBH.
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe
    >

    > Now let's read your great list in view of washing out of special forces school, such as BUDS,
    > Ranger school, etc. Petty funny, Shaun. You da man, and you didn't even know it this time!
    >
    > Paladin

    Heh - I never know it, my extreme modesty doesn't allow for knowing it.

    Shaun aRe

  6. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    So they didn't get their green beanie. Maybe they will settle for a chainring tattoo. I've got both
    good old North Carolina from Fort Bragg to Camp McCall and beyond.

    Fire up MTB 03