I Bent My Wheel, Now I Need Some Advice

carpeliam

Mar 23, 2015
I bent the front wheel on my stock Cannondale CAAD10 (with the 105 groupset) roadbike when I went over my handlebars a few weeks ago and landed on my face. My face (and knees, and elbow, and wrists) are all healed now, but I still need a new wheel. My old wheel was a Shimano RS10, but it looks like they don't make those anymore (is this true?)... the new CAAD10s come with an RS11, but I can't find any mention of the RS series on Shimano's website. My LBS said Shimano doesn't have RS11s anymore (?), but they put in an order for an RS21 - a few weeks ago, and it hasn't arrived yet. So now after I've done a little bit of research, I'm thinking I'll just buy my own wheel and have done with it. A quick look around chainreactioncycles.com shows that they have an RS010 ($63, I'm guessing the same as an RS10?), an RS11 ($84), and an RS21 ($107). I've been pretty happy with my bike as is, so I'm leaning toward buying the RS010, but would an upgrade to RS11 be a no-brainer?

Long story short, should I just buy an RS010 or is the extra money on an RS11 a no-brainer? Also, what's the current state of Shimano's RS series? Why can't I find anything on their website?