I blew it!

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:17:21 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

>> I think your math is wrong. A 20% hill is extremely steep. I just
>> went up an 8% hill last Saturday and it was really tough.

> Try some rolling hills and you will see why us average types get out
> of the saddle. I navigate one section of about 4 miles of
> up/down/up/down....
> These are only about 30-40 foot rises but coming down one and having
> some speed built up it is only natural to want to keep it, so I stand
> up and attack the next hill with the momentum I have. This allows me
> to keep my speed going uphill and not have to downshit

Downshitting is the usual method, of course.

Upshitting could be quite useful in making cars stop tailgating,
though.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer (Remove "allspammersmustdie" before responding.)

On 11 Aug 2004 05:27:07 GMT, Dennis Ferguson <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>> You have an inclinometer? Not just the one in your head? Where can I get
>> one?

> I have the one that they sell at
>
> http://www.velimpex.com
>
> I got it at The Bicycle Outfitter in Los Altos.
>
> Dennis Ferguson

Cool toy. Now I know what to look for. I don't know that I want to
know how steep I am going downhill, just have I got the nards for
it or not.
Thanks,
Bill Baka