I bought a First Bike, and I am Newbie here. Need Advice

SeanKimStyle

May 11, 2006
Since I was 10, i haven't been riding at all. I am 22 years old and I just got Giant Boulder SE, I've been riding for 4 days. My Daily trip is 15 miles to 20 miles (lots of hills) a day. I bought a bike to save gas on my car. After I ride I still go to the gym and do my daily work out as usual.

If you guys know about my bike, what are the limits with my bike on moutain biking. While I was commuting to work and school, i'll go off roading on a dirt, little rocks and little jumps. Like I said I haven't been riding since i was a kid. so I would like your advice on what are my limits on moutain biking with this bike. Thanks guys.

Sean

O by the way if you guys are wondering how i can ride 15 to 20 miles daily since i am a beginner, it's because I've been taking spin classes and I am in great shape.

I am 6' 200lbs

It should be up to the task for your average forest trails, and the various rocks and little jumpy bits they tend to have.

I wouldn't try doing any serious jumps and stuff with it though. (Thinking more wheel durability than anything else)

A lot of what you can get away with comes down to technique, too.. if you jump something and land the 'right' way, it's much less stressful on the bike than if you stuff it up and land unusually hard on one wheel over another, etc.

All a matter of getting out there, having some fun on the trails and getting confident with your skills really :)

I just got Giant Boulder SE

I see plenty of giant boulders out on the trail. Guys ridding every weekend, climbing hills faster than guys on bikes at ten times the price.

And zipping down the single track with more skill than the guys with the full downhill suspension bikes. You will quickly work out what the limitations of your bike are.

Giant Represent! It should be up to most trails...My friend as an older model of the Boulder SE and on an Outdoor Ed bike ride and thrashed it...it coped although id like to see his rims after a massive hit off a palm tree root!
Its more then capable of forest trails, rocky sections and the occational small drop off a log you may find...make sure that your spokes are tight and not damaged...