I broke a 51 miler - on a BMX Bike in Chicago!

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004
Hey you road bikers! I totally freaked out today, Saturday 3-21-09! I met up with my new old school bmx bike friend dude, - Mario, plan was to meet at the Oak Street Beach Lakefront. First, I went down North Ave from home in Wicker Park then went down Wells to look at Village Cycle. Then went down Division to ? down through Oak Street to the Lakefront and hung out and waited for my buddy at Oak Street Beach and freestyled a little. Then we met and talked, went down Michigan Ave through Ohio Street [?] to lockup at the Rock N Roll McDonald's. - I couldn't hang out and eat at the night here previously because I couldn't afford $10 for 1 hr parking just to eat a $4.19 Double Filet 'o Fish! So we looked at Sports Authority, then I ate a Tiramisu Torte or something at Rock N Roll McDonalds. Looked at Portillo's prices [they're ok!] then biked downtown then to Buckingham Fountain but it was under reconstruction. So we cruised through Navy Pier then back down to Oak Street Beach where I showed him some NASA Souvenoir Stickers that I got from Jacobs. My buddy wanted to go to Cubs Park but my ribs were hurting but we went and cruised there through LSD, then Fullerton, Clark, to Performance Bike [on Halsted & Diversey] then to Johhny Sprockets on Broadway then down Belmont to Clark[?] to Wrigley Field. I split from my buddy here then went down Addison to LSD all the way to Water Tower where I enjoyed looking through stores, I bought a watch, browsed through Macy's and Water Tower, and ate my own sandwich and soda that I brought with me. A cheap $1.60 total cost meal, and I enjoyed it hanging out and watching people eat at the Water Tower. Then walked down to see the high fashion stuff at Nordstroms, and magazine browsed at Border's. Then I cruised home down Rush to Division to Wells to North Ave to Milwaukee to Division then Oakley home!

Well, I just put bike computers on my bmx bikes to get mileage data on them, AND I TOTALLY FREAKED THAT I DID 50.97 MILES! ON A BMX BIKE! THAT'S SOME MAJOR MILEAGE! My farthest road bike workout was 56 miles doing 6 laps at LSD! So 51 miles is freaking awesome on a bmx bike! Avg speed 11.3 mph, slow because I cruised sightseeing too!

It was a lovely day! I'm totally loving going around by my HOT BIKES! BMX or Road Bike!

How was your Saturday ? !

Here da pics of my classic 1983 Hutch with $860 smoking bmx wheels! 1st Gen Bullseye Hubs with classic chrome Araya 7X's! My Hutch is ULTRABAD, and is one my my best freestyling bikes!

Man, your mum is gunna be ****** about the marks your bike is putting on her nice paint work

JTE83 said:
Here da pics of my classic 1983 Hutch with $860 smoking bmx wheels! 1st Gen Bullseye Hubs with classic chrome Araya 7X's! My Hutch is ULTRABAD, and is one my my best freestyling bikes!
Your bike's kinda making out like you. You say it's a Hutch but the sticker on the top of the downtube says Haro. Is it a Hutch or a Haro, are you a man or a sheboi? At least when you go for a ride on it, you two can have a chat about it... don't get too mad though, cause you'll probably end up in the back of a Police car again after slapping someone and while you're being cuffed someone will steal your bike...

Maybe you should smile at the office when his got you cuffed with your hands behind your back and tell him that he's ULTRABAD and ask him if he want's to see your Targèt panties...

Any old school vintage fan can tell by the frame design that this is a Hutch Racing frame. I put a Haro sticker on it by the side, as well as other cool stickers on it!

JTE83 said:
Any old school vintage fan can tell by the frame design that this is a Hutch Racing frame. I put a Haro sticker on it by the side, as well as other cool stickers on it!
It might be a Hutch "design" but that design was copied by pretty much every BMX manufacturer, fanboi.