I BUY YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by flo girbache, Jul 26, 2005.

  1. flo girbache

    flo girbache Guest

    Good day,
    i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still for
    sale,the last asking price for it and the current condition..Please let me
    know your method of payment.I preffer paying via a cashier's check. Is this
    your personal property? In terms of shipping i have an international
    shipping agent that takes good care of my goods, he will be coming for the
    pickup in your location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this
    enquiry..
    Thanks.
    Sam.

  2. MattB

    MattB Guest

    flo girbache wrote:
    > Good day,
    > i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still for
    > sale,the last asking price for it and the current condition..Please let me
    > know your method of payment.I preffer paying via a cashier's check. Is this
    > your personal property? In terms of shipping i have an international
    > shipping agent that takes good care of my goods, he will be coming for the
    > pickup in your location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this
    > enquiry..
    > Thanks.
    > Sam.

    I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    head's up!

    My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently. He
    went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than specified
    in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made cashier's check).
    When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use the specified method
    of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us. Crazy, eh?

    Matt

  3. MattB

    MattB Guest

    flo girbache wrote:
    > Good day,
    > i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still for
    > sale,the last asking price for it and the current condition..Please let me
    > know your method of payment.I preffer paying via a cashier's check. Is this
    > your personal property? In terms of shipping i have an international
    > shipping agent that takes good care of my goods, he will be coming for the
    > pickup in your location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this
    > enquiry..
    > Thanks.
    > Sam.

    I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    head's up!

    My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently. He
    went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than specified
    in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made cashier's check).
    When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use the specified method
    of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us. Crazy, eh?

    Matt

  4. MattB

    MattB Guest

    flo girbache wrote:
    > Good day,
    > i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still for
    > sale,the last asking price for it and the current condition..Please let me
    > know your method of payment.I preffer paying via a cashier's check. Is this
    > your personal property? In terms of shipping i have an international
    > shipping agent that takes good care of my goods, he will be coming for the
    > pickup in your location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this
    > enquiry..
    > Thanks.
    > Sam.

    I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    head's up!

    My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently. He
    went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than specified
    in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made cashier's check).
    When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use the specified method
    of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us. Crazy, eh?

    Matt

  5. MattB

    MattB Guest

    flo girbache wrote:
    > Good day,
    > i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still for
    > sale,the last asking price for it and the current condition..Please let me
    > know your method of payment.I preffer paying via a cashier's check. Is this
    > your personal property? In terms of shipping i have an international
    > shipping agent that takes good care of my goods, he will be coming for the
    > pickup in your location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this
    > enquiry..
    > Thanks.
    > Sam.

    I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    head's up!

    My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently. He
    went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than specified
    in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made cashier's check).
    When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use the specified method
    of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us. Crazy, eh?

    Matt

  6. MattB

    MattB Guest

    flo girbache wrote:
    > Good day,
    > i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still for
    > sale,the last asking price for it and the current condition..Please let me
    > know your method of payment.I preffer paying via a cashier's check. Is this
    > your personal property? In terms of shipping i have an international
    > shipping agent that takes good care of my goods, he will be coming for the
    > pickup in your location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this
    > enquiry..
    > Thanks.
    > Sam.

    I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    head's up!

    My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently. He
    went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than specified
    in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made cashier's check).
    When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use the specified method
    of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us. Crazy, eh?

    Matt

  7. MattB

    MattB Guest

    flo girbache wrote:
    > Good day,
    > i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still for
    > sale,the last asking price for it and the current condition..Please let me
    > know your method of payment.I preffer paying via a cashier's check. Is this
    > your personal property? In terms of shipping i have an international
    > shipping agent that takes good care of my goods, he will be coming for the
    > pickup in your location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this
    > enquiry..
    > Thanks.
    > Sam.

    I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    head's up!

    My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently. He
    went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than specified
    in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made cashier's check).
    When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use the specified method
    of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us. Crazy, eh?

    Matt

  8. MattB

    MattB Guest

    flo girbache wrote:
    > Good day,
    > i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still for
    > sale,the last asking price for it and the current condition..Please let me
    > know your method of payment.I preffer paying via a cashier's check. Is this
    > your personal property? In terms of shipping i have an international
    > shipping agent that takes good care of my goods, he will be coming for the
    > pickup in your location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this
    > enquiry..
    > Thanks.
    > Sam.

    I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    head's up!

    My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently. He
    went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than specified
    in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made cashier's check).
    When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use the specified method
    of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us. Crazy, eh?

    Matt

  9. MattB

    MattB Guest

    flo girbache wrote:
    > Good day,
    > i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still for
    > sale,the last asking price for it and the current condition..Please let me
    > know your method of payment.I preffer paying via a cashier's check. Is this
    > your personal property? In terms of shipping i have an international
    > shipping agent that takes good care of my goods, he will be coming for the
    > pickup in your location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this
    > enquiry..
    > Thanks.
    > Sam.

    I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    head's up!

    My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently. He
    went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than specified
    in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made cashier's check).
    When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use the specified method
    of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us. Crazy, eh?

    Matt

  10. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > flo girbache wrote:
    >> Good day,
    >> i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still
    >> for sale,the last asking price for it and the current
    >> condition..Please let me know your method of payment.I preffer
    >> paying via a cashier's check. Is this your personal property? In
    >> terms of shipping i have an international shipping agent that takes
    >> good care of my goods, he will be coming for the pickup in your
    >> location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this enquiry..
    >> Thanks.
    >> Sam.
    >> Send instant messages to your online friends
    >> http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

    > I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    > head's up!
    >
    > My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently.
    > He went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than
    > specified in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made
    > cashier's check). When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use
    > the specified method of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us.
    > Crazy, eh?

    Crazy like a weasel!

    :-D

  11. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > flo girbache wrote:
    >> Good day,
    >> i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still
    >> for sale,the last asking price for it and the current
    >> condition..Please let me know your method of payment.I preffer
    >> paying via a cashier's check. Is this your personal property? In
    >> terms of shipping i have an international shipping agent that takes
    >> good care of my goods, he will be coming for the pickup in your
    >> location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this enquiry..
    >> Thanks.
    >> Sam.
    >> Send instant messages to your online friends
    >> http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

    > I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    > head's up!
    >
    > My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently.
    > He went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than
    > specified in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made
    > cashier's check). When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use
    > the specified method of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us.
    > Crazy, eh?

    Crazy like a weasel!

    :-D

  12. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > flo girbache wrote:
    >> Good day,
    >> i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still
    >> for sale,the last asking price for it and the current
    >> condition..Please let me know your method of payment.I preffer
    >> paying via a cashier's check. Is this your personal property? In
    >> terms of shipping i have an international shipping agent that takes
    >> good care of my goods, he will be coming for the pickup in your
    >> location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this enquiry..
    >> Thanks.
    >> Sam.
    >> Send instant messages to your online friends
    >> http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

    > I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    > head's up!
    >
    > My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently.
    > He went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than
    > specified in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made
    > cashier's check). When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use
    > the specified method of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us.
    > Crazy, eh?

    Crazy like a weasel!

    :-D

  13. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > flo girbache wrote:
    >> Good day,
    >> i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still
    >> for sale,the last asking price for it and the current
    >> condition..Please let me know your method of payment.I preffer
    >> paying via a cashier's check. Is this your personal property? In
    >> terms of shipping i have an international shipping agent that takes
    >> good care of my goods, he will be coming for the pickup in your
    >> location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this enquiry..
    >> Thanks.
    >> Sam.
    >> Send instant messages to your online friends
    >> http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

    > I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    > head's up!
    >
    > My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently.
    > He went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than
    > specified in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made
    > cashier's check). When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use
    > the specified method of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us.
    > Crazy, eh?

    Crazy like a weasel!

    :-D

  14. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > flo girbache wrote:
    >> Good day,
    >> i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still
    >> for sale,the last asking price for it and the current
    >> condition..Please let me know your method of payment.I preffer
    >> paying via a cashier's check. Is this your personal property? In
    >> terms of shipping i have an international shipping agent that takes
    >> good care of my goods, he will be coming for the pickup in your
    >> location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this enquiry..
    >> Thanks.
    >> Sam.
    >> Send instant messages to your online friends
    >> http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

    > I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    > head's up!
    >
    > My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently.
    > He went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than
    > specified in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made
    > cashier's check). When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use
    > the specified method of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us.
    > Crazy, eh?

    Crazy like a weasel!

    :-D

  15. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > flo girbache wrote:
    >> Good day,
    >> i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still
    >> for sale,the last asking price for it and the current
    >> condition..Please let me know your method of payment.I preffer
    >> paying via a cashier's check. Is this your personal property? In
    >> terms of shipping i have an international shipping agent that takes
    >> good care of my goods, he will be coming for the pickup in your
    >> location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this enquiry..
    >> Thanks.
    >> Sam.
    >> Send instant messages to your online friends
    >> http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

    > I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    > head's up!
    >
    > My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently.
    > He went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than
    > specified in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made
    > cashier's check). When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use
    > the specified method of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us.
    > Crazy, eh?

    Crazy like a weasel!

    :-D

  16. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > flo girbache wrote:
    >> Good day,
    >> i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still
    >> for sale,the last asking price for it and the current
    >> condition..Please let me know your method of payment.I preffer
    >> paying via a cashier's check. Is this your personal property? In
    >> terms of shipping i have an international shipping agent that takes
    >> good care of my goods, he will be coming for the pickup in your
    >> location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this enquiry..
    >> Thanks.
    >> Sam.
    >> Send instant messages to your online friends
    >> http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

    > I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    > head's up!
    >
    > My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently.
    > He went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than
    > specified in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made
    > cashier's check). When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use
    > the specified method of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us.
    > Crazy, eh?

    Crazy like a weasel!

    :-D

  17. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    MattB wrote:
    > flo girbache wrote:
    >> Good day,
    >> i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still
    >> for sale,the last asking price for it and the current
    >> condition..Please let me know your method of payment.I preffer
    >> paying via a cashier's check. Is this your personal property? In
    >> terms of shipping i have an international shipping agent that takes
    >> good care of my goods, he will be coming for the pickup in your
    >> location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this enquiry..
    >> Thanks.
    >> Sam.
    >> Send instant messages to your online friends
    >> http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

    > I think this must be an example of a scammer email. Thanks for the
    > head's up!
    >
    > My wife got one just like this when posting a bike for sale recently.
    > He went on to ask if he could use a different payment method than
    > specified in the ad (I think he wanted to use his own home-made
    > cashier's check). When we said he could buy the bike, but had to use
    > the specified method of payment, he suddenly stopped emailing us.
    > Crazy, eh?

    Crazy like a weasel!

    :-D

  18. Jim Dwyer

    Jim Dwyer Guest

    This idiot replied to the group instead of the individual. This is a scam
    and it has happened to me countless times. It is so lame that it is easy to
    recgonize. They pay you with a cashiers cheque for double to triple the
    asking amount and as soon as you cash the cheque you western union the
    excess cash back to the individual. Of course no one ever comes to pick up
    you bike and the cheque bounces. It is fun to play along and collect the
    cashiers cheques that they send you!

    Jim

    "flo girbache" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Good day,
    > i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still for
    > sale,the last asking price for it and the current condition..Please let me
    > know your method of payment.I preffer paying via a cashier's check. Is
    > this
    > your personal property? In terms of shipping i have an international
    > shipping agent that takes good care of my goods, he will be coming for the
    > pickup in your location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this
    > enquiry..
    > Thanks.
    > Sam.

  19. Jim Dwyer

    Jim Dwyer Guest

    This idiot replied to the group instead of the individual. This is a scam
    and it has happened to me countless times. It is so lame that it is easy to
    recgonize. They pay you with a cashiers cheque for double to triple the
    asking amount and as soon as you cash the cheque you western union the
    excess cash back to the individual. Of course no one ever comes to pick up
    you bike and the cheque bounces. It is fun to play along and collect the
    cashiers cheques that they send you!

    Jim

    "flo girbache" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Good day,
    > i found this bike advert. I need to know if really it's still for
    > sale,the last asking price for it and the current condition..Please let me
    > know your method of payment.I preffer paying via a cashier's check. Is
    > this
    > your personal property? In terms of shipping i have an international
    > shipping agent that takes good care of my goods, he will be coming for the
    > pickup in your location.Let me know whats on your mind concerning this
    > enquiry..
    > Thanks.
    > Sam.

  20. Jim Dwyer