I BUY YOUR BIKE

I had an ad up on The Hostel Shoppe's classifieds last month, and must
have recieved thirty emails like that, and not one legit response. I
started playing along, then when I would ask them if the rest of the
"sale" would progress like: (insert balance of scam text needed for
continuity), and then watch them disappear. I had one try and tell me
that he was a religious man, etc., and when I started to explain about
how claiming to be "religous" was one of the world's oldest
rationalizations to do harm to your fellow man, he actually responded
back as if hurt by this accusation. When I explained that I forwarded
all scam attempts to the FBI, he oddly enough, disappeared as well.
The Hostel Shoppe actually closed down their classified section on the
website for now, as so much of this email scamming has been attempted.

If it sounds to good to be true, it isn't.

John

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:55:38 -0600, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:

>It must work on someone or they would just dry up for lack of business.
>I'm amazed when I think about that. Even if it was something I really
>wanted, I would not respond to spam (in a serious way) for anything. I'd
> try to buy from a non-spamming competitor.

They only have to have a response rate of one in a million to be
profitable -- a bit more than that for the ones that hire professional
spammers, cause those tend to cost a buck per 1000-10000 spams.

Jasper