I can do it

G

I can do it, I know I can.

I have not had a beer all summer and been loving it, I haven't touched a drop because we know how bad it dehydrates you and I didn't want to spoil my summer riding, but now the crunch time has arrived.

It the first game of the new rugby season and the temptation to drink will be strong, but I'm going to put up a fight and try to resist :D

So all I have to do is keep repeating

I can do it...
I can do it...
I can do it...
I can do it...
I can do it...

Well here goes it's time to face the fight ;)

Laz, don't deprive yourself completely. You'll end up in a straight-jacket! I love cheesecake, and altho I stay away from the local coffeeshop as much as I can, I still pop in once a month or so and indulge in a sinful face stuffing session. Keeps me sane. I see it as a reward for hard work on the bike.

Hey Vo2, sorry but I going for it, Two games now and still not a drop and the funny thing is, it's annoying my mates more than it's annoying me.

On the subject of Cheesecake it has to be Blackcurrant. ;D

I'm with VO2 on this one - half the reason I ride so much is so I can eat the rubbish I do and not end up pot bellied.

The good stuff (fruit, carbs, plenty water, fibre etc) is good for the body and the occasional beer, chocolate, muffin etc is good for the mind and soul!

[quote author=Lazarus-g link=board=6;threadid=327;start=0#3701 date=1030093661]<br />......... and the funny thing is, it's annoying my mates more than it's annoying me.<br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />I'm still going strong and right now I cannot see myself drinking for a long time.<br /><br />A couple of observations though, as my mates get drunk their conversations can get , shall we say Risque. Which is something you don't notice when your drunk with them.<br /><br />It's still annoying them that I don't drink and when somebody asks why, they immediately say &quot; his body's a temple &quot; which is getting a bit boring.<br /><br />Also whilst I'm saving money I still buy a round of drinks, which means that for the amount of coke I drink it works out at about £5 per can, still the company I keep is worth it. ;D