I can sit at home all day watch TdF everyday now

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Pete Whelan, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    ouch, due to a nasty spill at the Biggleswade Grass track meeting I came off worse, with a broken
    humerus (sp) at the top by the shoulder. My right soulder area is swollen massively in proportion to
    the left it makes The Hulks muscles look diminutive.

    Oh, well, sit out the rest of the grass track season, and hopefully be OK to do a few late season
    50 mile TTs
    --
    Pete

    interchange 12 for 21 to reply

    Tags:

  2. Oh dear Pete! That sounds nasty.

    Glad you are resting & letting it heal rather than doing a Tyler ;-)

    Get well soon & best wishes to you & the family, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~
    h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Ooh that sounds nasty, enjoy the Tour!

    John.

    "Pete Whelan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > ouch, due to a nasty spill at the Biggleswade Grass track meeting I came off worse, with a broken
    > humerus (sp) at the top by the shoulder. My right soulder area is swollen massively in proportion
    > to the left it makes The Hulks muscles look diminutive.
    >
    > Oh, well, sit out the rest of the grass track season, and hopefully be OK to do a few late season
    > 50 mile TTs
    > --
    > Pete
    >
    > interchange 12 for 21 to reply

  4. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
    > Oh dear Pete! That sounds nasty.
    >
    > Glad you are resting & letting it heal rather than doing a Tyler ;-)
    >
    > Get well soon & best wishes to you & the family, helen s

    I think my break is a little more severe than a collarbone. I might find out more tomorrow when they
    try and realgn the bones, if they haven't pulled together wiyh the muscles. plus i now have a load
    of banned substances in me (morphine,etc)

    --
    Pete

    interchange 12 for 21 to reply

  5. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 19:55:18 +0000 (UTC), Pete Whelan <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I think my break is a little more severe than a collarbone. I might find out more tomorrow when
    >they try and realgn the bones, if they haven't pulled together wiyh the muscles. plus i now have a
    >load of banned substances in me (morphine,etc)

    I can see another Tyler Hammilton comming on.

    Get well soon, Pete.

    James

  6. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On 13 Jul 2003 20:07:15 GMT, [email protected] (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote:

    >Well, morphine is supposed to be a eurphoric,

    Oh yes, I can confirm that for you.

    Last year a doctor at my local A&E whacked a syringe full into me and, just for an instant, I
    thought he'd killed me. I honestly thought my number was up. The hit was so immediate and so
    powerful I thought he'd given me a huge overdose or something, I'd never felt anything like
    it.

    I'll echo others sentiments, get well soon!

    Bob

  7. On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:07:08 +0000 (UTC), Pete Whelan <[email protected]> wrote:

    >ouch, due to a nasty spill at the Biggleswade Grass track meeting I came off worse, with a broken
    >humerus (sp) at the top by the shoulder.

    Sorry to hear this Pete. Wishing you a quick and full recovery.

    John T. Remove the singers of Spam before replying