I cant believe this

bikes4life

Mar 3, 2010
Okay so me and a couple friends where out looking for something to do one night, and we drive by a place on W Pico called Locals Sports BAr and Grill. So we walk inside, and I am absolutely amazing! Cycling events on some of the flat screens! We couldn't believe this.

I have never seen a place like this and it for sure has my vote for a top stop spot. If you live in the L.A area go check this place out.

Also, if you mention Cycling forum at the door, it's a free drink right there!

bikes4life said:
Okay so me and a couple friends where out looking for something to do one night, and we drive by a place on W Pico called Locals Sports BAr and Grill. So we walk inside, and I am absolutely amazing! Cycling events on some of the flat screens! We couldn't believe this.

I have never seen a place like this and it for sure has my vote for a top stop spot. If you live in the L.A area go check this place out.

my two years in Los Angeles were unfortunately not spent enthusiastic about cycling, more on the i had no idea it even existed but it was ten years ago. sounds good though. i spent my time at the Whiskey-A-Go-Go and Bar Deluxe on La Cienaga and The Viper Room and The Rainbow Room and inside Capitol Records and hanging out at Goldfingers up on Yucca behind Capitol Records on Franklin St i think it was, residing mainly in Silverlake. I miss L.A. but again, any sports bar that has cycling on must be good!

bikes4life said:

Uh, you might wanna mention the city. I'm damn sure I don't live there but should I end up there in my travels....

we have a bar in portland that shows cycling. to bad I dont drink or else I would be there more often :D

bianchi10 said:
we have a bar in portland that shows cycling. to bad I dont drink or else I would be there more often :D

you can always go and eat and drink ice tea, it's more the atmoshpere when a roomful group of cyclists is together that is worth all the while, if you are into watching cycling and having a good time that is.

i don't like to pay to enter to go into an establishment for a sporting event but luckily here in H-Town we have bars all over the place that do not require an entry fee as food and drink is where the money is made and that by far trumps the cost of anything pay-per-view even if that is the case, not that i hunt for anything sporting specific on a steady basis to watch but on Saturday nights, i can usually be found watching the ufc at one of the two closest bars just for that.

roadhouse said:
i don't like to pay to enter to go into an establishment...
+1. Cover charges are bogus, IMHO...
notamused.gif