I can't Bleve it

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by MikeyOz, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    I extracted this from another very recent thread, never had noticed it before until now......

    On 18 Apr 2006 20:49:07 -0700, "Bleve" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    the same Carl Brewer that used to play Ice Hockey ??

    Tags:

  2. dtmeister

    dtmeister Guest

  3. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    dtmeister wrote:
    > MikeyOz <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > I extracted this from another very recent thread, never had noticed it
    > > before until now......
    > >
    > > On 18 Apr 2006 20:49:07 -0700, "Bleve" <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > the same Carl Brewer that used to play Ice Hockey ??

    > Hmm, probably not!
    >
    > http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/memorial/tml/carlbrewer.html

    Or probably, if you don't assume that the NHL is the only place
    icehockey is played :) It happens in Australia too.

    Mikey, I think we may know eachother :)

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Will out two young romantics meet?
    Find out more as the hours pass like spaghetti thru a sieve(?SP)
    in 'Days of our Lives' :D

  5. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    well I did want to make sure first, because it would have been pretty embarassing if I wrote a post and it wasn't the same person!

    it all falls into place now, opionated bordering on arrogant, obsessive about his chosen sport, it is Carl..!! :)

    mate... good to see you are doing well, as for that link to the NHL Carl Brewer, as soon as I read the first line "A fleet and feisty defensemen" I knew that wasn't our C/B Grade Carl..!! hehehehe

    FD, that young romantic comment, was not called for either... I was eating my breakfast at the time I read it..

  6. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    MikeyOz wrote:
    > Bleve Wrote:
    > > dtmeister wrote:

    > > it

    > > > Hmm, probably not!
    > > >
    > > > http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/memorial/tml/carlbrewer.html

    > > Or probably, if you don't assume that the NHL is the only place
    > > icehockey is played :) It happens in Australia too.
    > >
    > > Mikey, I think we may know eachother :)

    > well I did want to make sure first, because it would have been pretty
    > embarassing if I wrote a post and it wasn't the same person!
    >
    > it all falls into place now, opionated bordering on arrogant, obsessive
    > about his chosen sport, it is Carl..!! :)
    >
    > mate... good to see you are doing well, as for that link to the NHL
    > Carl Brewer, as soon as I read the first line "A fleet and feisty
    > defensemen" I knew that wasn't our C/B Grade Carl..!! hehehehe
    >
    > FD, that young romantic comment, was not called for either... I was
    > eating my breakfast at the time I read it..

    We did spend a night together in a car in the rain .. remember Bendigo?
    :)

  7. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    Could this be the next blockbuster to hit the screens?

    http://tinyurl.com/qfvga

  8. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    bwahhahahahahahhah. enjoy your brekky MO :D :D :D

  9. tony f

    tony f Guest

    "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    <snip>

    >> mate... good to see you are doing well, as for that link to the NHL
    >> Carl Brewer, as soon as I read the first line "A fleet and feisty
    >> defensemen" I knew that wasn't our C/B Grade Carl..!! hehehehe
    >>
    >> FD, that young romantic comment, was not called for either... I was
    >> eating my breakfast at the time I read it..

    > We did spend a night together in a car in the rain .. remember Bendigo?
    > :)

    How quickly they forget. Hope you're not still sitting by the phone... ;^)

    Tony F

  10. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    sweethearts...oh how romantic and with that Marlboro man music too

    ...but not at breakfast...my Oatmeal and Blueberries just got rearranged...not pretty trying to get a soggy blueberry out of your sinus...

  11. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

  12. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    ohhhh crap.... I had to check back here when I was having lunch didn't I...! definately going to avoid dinner and reading this thread.

    from my very broken memory of that game in Bendigo, WE BOTH SCORED !!!
    and I received a concussion, when I tried to forecheck their best player.

    anyway, as Carl would say, "I'm not Gay, just the men I have sex with are"

  13. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    MikeyOz wrote:
    > ohhhh crap.... I had to check back here when I was having lunch didn't
    > I...! definately going to avoid dinner and reading this thread.
    >
    > from my very broken memory of that game in Bendigo, WE BOTH SCORED !!!
    > and I received a concussion, when I tried to forecheck their best
    > player.

    My goal was just a deflection from trying to get out of the way of a
    Johhny 5 slapshot.
    The drive back was us listening to a very close football match in
    pouring rain with bad radio reception (774, 3LO!). You can't have been
    that bad, you still drove.

    > anyway, as Carl would say, "I'm not Gay, just the men I have sex with
    > are"

    We never kissed ...

  14. MikeyOz wrote:
    > I extracted this from another very recent thread, never had noticed it
    > before until now......
    >
    > On 18 Apr 2006 20:49:07 -0700, "Bleve" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > the same Carl Brewer that used to play Ice Hockey ??

    And I'm not the one who played Baseball either (poorly or whatever) {:).

  15. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    There was a 'Terry Collins' Baseball player?

    I used to. far better than i can ride a bike, I might add.
    Well, at least i got paid to do it...

  16. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > gplama wrote:
    >> Bleve Wrote:
    >> >
    >> > We did spend a night together in a car in the rain .. remember
    >> > Bendigo?
    >> > :)

    >> Could this be the next blockbuster to hit the screens?
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/qfvga

    > Surely you meant this one? :
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXmKTPY_moQ&feature=PlayList&p=32D257098F2A4D30&index=22

    I particularly liked this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2z7wZtSWro&feature=PlayList&p=32D257098F2A4D30&index=3

  17. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-20, Resound (aka Bruce)
    > "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> gplama wrote:
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/qfvga

    >> Surely you meant this one? :
    >>
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXmKTPY_moQ&feature=PlayList&p=32D257098F2A4D30&index=22
    >>

    > I particularly liked this one:
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2z7wZtSWro&feature=PlayList&p=32D257098F2A4D30&index=3

    Oh hell,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8YdFkVuthI&feature=PlayList&p=32D257098F2A4D30&index=18

    --
    TimC
    "Some people think that noise abatement should be a higher priority for ATC. I

  18. flyingdutch wrote:
    > Terry Collins Wrote:
    >

    >>And I'm not the one who played Baseball either (poorly or whatever)
    >>{:).

    > There was a 'Terry Collins' Baseball player?

    In the USA.
    I was also a baddy in an old movie. SWMBO kept looking at me very funny
    every time my name was mentioned {:).

    > I used to. far better than i can ride a bike, I might add.
    > Well, at least i got paid to do it...

    Me too! {:)}}}}

  19. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    really? or was that sarcasm...

    that reminds me (the baseball, not the sarcasm :rolleyes: )
    My shoulder hurts!!!

  20. a5hi5m

    a5hi5m New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2005
    Im a day late, but I shouldnt have been shocked to read this right after hearing about spending the rainy night together in the car. :D

    Ash