I can't drink anything....

Welchsboy

Sep 8, 2003
These days I feel like nothing is safe to drink anymore...after doing all this reading I got so frustrated that I just decided to drink nothing but friggen tap water. I have read stuff about milk causing early death and leeching calcium from bones, causing mucus and diabetes. And soymilk, a "safe alternative", causing zinc deficiencies in the bodies and containing tons of antinutrients and stuff.
And then I read multiple articles on how distilled and bottled water causes early death because they are so pure that they steal nutrients from the body as it passes through the digestive system.
And those are all of my favorite things to drink...I used to drink 2 cups of milk daily along with some soymilk and eating some tofu.
So...I have begun an experiment where I drink nothing but tap water. Ill update this post if I notice any health effects like increased performance, less allergies...etc. Or even if nothing happens. And I hope tap water is safe.

But haven't you read about Fluoride? It will kill you and anyone within 2 miles around you!!!
And then there is the lead that leaches out of the pipes...
For goodness sake, stop drinking anything! It is not safe.

Originally posted by patch70
But haven't you read about Fluoride? It will kill you and anyone within 2 miles around you!!!
And then there is the lead that leaches out of the pipes...
For goodness sake, stop drinking anything! It is not safe.

As far as I know Fluoride has been banned in most countries due to its less than nice long term effects (apparently).
Seems good old Oz just had to have it though.
Arent we lucky :rolleyes:

Anyone NOT living in a third world country who gets a vitamin deficiency from drinking bottled water is an idiot. It is impossible. Eat a balanced diet, drink filtered water and stop worrrying, that'll kill you quicker than anything else.

Originally posted by gorn
As far as I know Fluoride has been banned in most countries due to its less than nice long term effects (apparently).
Seems good old Oz just had to have it though.
Arent we lucky :rolleyes:
We have it in the UK, the benefits to public health (teeth) outweigh the dangers to individuals. Some people are trying to get the water companies to remove it from the water though.

I've always found vodka to work well. You avoid the problems you have with other beverages (i.e. not clean, makes you fat, tastes bad, preservatives, yada yada) and I've found that it makes me more confident, makes women more attractive, makes me virtually impregnable to criticism, and helps me sleep to boot! Let's all stop worrying about antinutrients leeching calcium from our bones, please...odds are old age will kill most of us long before nanomonsters or dilithium fragments from restaurant ice cubes do.

Originally posted by Welchsboy
These days I feel like nothing is safe to drink anymore...after doing all this reading I got so frustrated that I just decided to drink nothing but friggen tap water. I have read stuff about milk causing early death and leeching calcium from bones, causing mucus and diabetes. And soymilk, a "safe alternative", causing zinc deficiencies in the bodies and containing tons of antinutrients and stuff.
And then I read multiple articles on how distilled and bottled water causes early death because they are so pure that they steal nutrients from the body as it passes through the digestive system.
And those are all of my favorite things to drink...I used to drink 2 cups of milk daily along with some soymilk and eating some tofu.
So...I have begun an experiment where I drink nothing but tap water. Ill update this post if I notice any health effects like increased performance, less allergies...etc. Or even if nothing happens. And I hope tap water is safe.

I'm going to stop breathing because I heard all of the pollutants in the air can decrease your life span. I'll let you know if it improves my cycling.

Matt

if ur scared of it being too pure and draining other minerals, then just take a multi-vitamin