I cracked my sworks

Kudos on the video. Nice! So...where's the lake? Nice drone video and I liked the tunes. More importantly...what model Porsche do you race? 944? 911? 956? 962?!?!

You've got to be the only person on the planet that cracked a Spesh S-Works on...a Rails-To-Trails bike path!

Oh, and I cracked one one my Wilier's three years ago. Dog causes bike to meet road at speed. Right rear chainstay cracked about an inch in front of the dropout.

Best of luck to you and I wish you a new Venge Vias with Campy super Record EPS.

Great job of stopping for the stop sign, I didn't see a stop sign on for the traffic that would have crossed, I guess in that part of the ride at least you didn't hit a car then your bike would have cracked for sure not to mention your body; yeah, I know, you're the best cyclist in the world and that would never happen with you on the bars, I've heard that before like from my friend who never stopped for stop signs either till one day he stopped permanently, but I'm sure you're a better rider than he was...

Otherwise a great video, but where did you crack the frame? I didn't see a close up of that.

I cracked an S-Works frame about 3 months ago. Seat stay. Not cracked all the way through, but pretty bad. First call was to the bike shop. $3,500 for a new frame. Second call was to a carbon repair shop. $800 for repairs. The third call was to another carbon repair shop. $250. Sounded too good to be true. Did some research on them and they seemed legit. They do a ton of repairs. So I had it done. Looks like they did a really good job.

Yeah. carbon can be fixed. Like any technical repair whether it be replacing the battery in an iPhone or R&R'ing the injectors on a diesel engine, you have to have the knowledge and the tools to do the job correctly.

Orienting the carbon patch grain, preparing the frame, refinishing...all take experience to do it safely. Like the guys say, the repair is probably the strongest area of the frame.

Reactions: steve
I will make one comment - if you BOUGHT your Specialized or Trek new they have a lifetime warranty and that should be exercised long before you think of repairs.

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
Crashes are usually not covered though. The "abuse" clause. A very few manufacturers cover crashes, more offer a 'crash replacement' discounted price on your replacement frame and some outfits will even help comp you up the line for a few bucks more.

But, I am with Tom. Always dial up the manufacturer and talk to a factory representative if possible.

Crashes are usually not covered though. The "abuse" clause. A very few manufacturers cover crashes, more offer a 'crash replacement' discounted price on your replacement frame and some outfits will even help comp you up the line for a few bucks more.

But, I am with Tom. Always dial up the manufacturer and talk to a factory representative if possible.

Crashing on a bike path doesn't say a great deal about the handling of an S-Works.