I Desperately need help on my wieght!

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by umberto, Oct 10, 2003.

1. cin

cin New Member

thank god someone notice!
    At 14 you still have baby fat and unless you are extreamly over weight then you should not be following any fad diets.
    i agree with 2Lap completely. eat healthy, have fun, get some exercise see what happens over the next few months.
    And remember it wont happen over night so stop thinking about it for a while and see whether you have improved in a month or 2.

2. umberto

umberto New Member

uhhhh.... i dont think iv ever heard of a 14 year old w/ baby fat, but watever u might be right

3. tafi

tafi Member

I remember that up until the age of 18 I was quite overweight, but training regularly and eating well ensured that I could compete well in my sport of choice at the time (Rugby), and also work well on my studies at school.
    It was not until I had left school that I began to think that I should lose some weight.
    I took stock of what I actually ate at the time and compared it with what is the usual sugested average healthy diet (which is drummed into us all at school). The only change necessary was to take more fruit and vegetables (only slightly). After I started cycling seriously two years ago the weight literally fell off.
    I went from 105kg (231lb) to 75kg (165lb) (my height is 5'8") in about 20 months.
    Now I believe that exercise contributed to this but the fact that my body was finally maturing and dropping weight was also a contributing factor.

My point is that we all grow at different rates and our bodies can change rapidly almost on a whim. You really shouldn't be worried about trying to get into any sort of regime unless you are really serious about riding.
    Make sure you are eating enough (and enough variety) to be able to play sports you enjoy and pay attention at school. Ensure that you have a supportive family and friendship network around you and get the most that you can out of your life.
    If you are serious about cycling, hook up with the local club and talk face to face with those who have a bit of experience.

Whatever you do don't starve yourself!

4. senzed

senzed New Member

Yeah, you're eating way to little. I'd go with exercising more instead of starving yourself. I'm not too sure about this, but doesn't exercise increase your metabolism? so you'd not only burn more calories while you're at it, you'd also burn more afterwards. but yeah, having soup for dinner is definitely not a good idea.

5. byron27

byron27 New Member

i think at the age of 14 the body is going through so many changes that trying to lose/gain weight is a difficult process. I think the most important thing at this age is to learn good eating habits. When i was 14 i weighed over 90kgs and i was only 5'7" but 2 years later i grew up and weighed 78kg and was 6'4". Maybe there is a reason you cant lose weight..... your body is getting ready to put a foot onto your height!