i did it!!!!!!

oh yay. that always makes you happy, doesn't it? For a few minutes, life
is good :)

--
Fuego - Ride to Ruin, and a Red Dawn!

"Unicycling is more about the center of concentration than the center of
balance."

If you don't want us riding on your concrete, don't make it in such damn
interesting shapes!
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

unijuggler wrote:
> *the cranks hit my ankles does this happen to anybody else???
> :confused: :confused: *

Your feet are probably to close to the cranks. When your feet are on the
pedals, you should be able to see a slight bit of pedal on the inside.
Understand?

The first 50 feet is always the hardest. There's nothing stopping you
now! Congats.

--
spyder - Bubbles

There are no stupid questions,
Just stupid people.
spyder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4190

unijuggler wrote:
> *one more question--- the cranks hit my ankles does this happen to
> anybody else??? :confused: :confused: *

That is a common problem for people who are in the process of learning
or who have just recently learned. Once you get better you'll learn how
to keep your ankles away from the cranks.

For now you can get some ankle protection. High top basketball shoes
can work. Some soccer shin guards come with separate ankle guards.
Unicycle.com sells the '661 Ankle Biters'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=533). A local bike
shop in your area should also have the 661 Ankle Biters. Fox also makes
a similar ankle guard.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

da best thing to do is to use it as a learning experience. 2 or 3 times,
and yer probably not gonna make the mistake again any time soon. but, if
yer not tuff, just buy some soccer shinguards.

--
gasmaster - level 4 unicyclist

Real men only need 1 wheel.
gasmaster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6713

probably the easiest 'fix' is to make sure that your feet are 'straight'
on the pedals (parrallel to the cranks) when u get on
this only counts in assisted mounts as, esp at first, u'll take any
footplacing u can get with a freemount
u will get better at this but if u're likely to have lil' marks on that
anklebone for a long, long time

--
GILD - Waffle-****** and Time-bider

If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.
-- Alice 'Roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) Longworth
I'm going to memorize your name and throw my head away.
-- Oscar Levant

'[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/sp/84255.gif]'
(http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)
Namaste!
Dave

gasmaster wrote:
> *if yer not tuff, just buy some soccer shinguards. *

this should read: if you're smart, buy some shinguards

sure, scars are cool, but riding the uni can be a pain-free experience
with proper body armor. the new fox north shore leg pads are
super-sweet... they're wrap-around for 360 degrees of pedal-bite
protection.

plus, with enough armor, you'd stand a _way_ better chance in a mosh pit
or a riot.

--
maestro8 - Mad Scientists for World Domination

Be careful of the freemount and falling forward thing! I broke my am
doing that and I should have been wearing wrist guards!

Buy a set of wrist guards and keep them on till you get the freemounting
thing down. Or try a different kind of mount.

The static mount had me on my hands many times and it only took once to
break a wrist!

--
unixtc - Sit on the seat!
unixtc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8030