I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Keyboarder, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    I liked it too, And if Linda doesn't mind I'd be more than
    happy to put it in the FAQ.

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome
    notice: http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This is a perfect explanation of mini goals, it should be
    > in the FAQ if
    you
    > ask me, Lee Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hot dang! Reaching the 10% goal is a major milestone.
    > > I'm a firm believer in the power of smaller goals. Last
    > > night I described to a friend how mini goals work for
    > > me. Imagine, I said, being on a road trip and being able
    > > to see your final destination--a mountain range perhaps--
    > > off in the distance. You have some idea how many miles
    > > you have to travel, and you have some idea about how
    > > long it will take you to get there. But you don't know
    > > the road conditions ahead; you don't know what the
    > > weather will be; you don't know if the road ahead is
    > > straight and smooth, or bumpy, or winding, or under
    > > construction in sections. So even though those mountains
    > > are always there, pulling you forward, you still have to
    > > get there mile by mile, and past whatever lies between
    > > where you are now and your destination. I watch the mile
    > > markers along the highway and know I'm that much closer
    > > to where I want to be.
    > >
    > > My mini-goals function the same way for me. They're my
    > > mile markers on my way way to my personal goal.
    > >
    > > Good luck reaching yours.
    > >
    > > Linda P
    > >
    > > On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 00:43:12 GMT, "keyboarder"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hello all,
    > > >
    > > >I went to my regular WI today and I hit the 10% loss
    > > >goal. I was so
    > happy.
    > > >To date I have lost a total of 20.8 lbs. Today's loss
    > > >was 1.6 lbs.
    When
    > > >first joined WW I didn't really think too much about
    > > >setting goals
    other
    > > >than knowing approximately how much I want to weigh
    > > >when I have finally learned how to change my lifestyle
    > > >and eating habits. As the weight
    > started
    > > >to come off I started thinking about hitting 10% before
    > > >my birthday
    next
    > > >week. Today I did it. I have now decided to concentrate
    > > >on setting a
    > goal
    > > >for the next 10 pounds rather than on the final
    > > >outcome. Thanks to all
    > for
    > > >the encouragement, motivation and support.
    > > >
    > > >Carol
    > > >206.2/185.4/140
    > > >

    > > >---
    > > >anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version:
    > > >6.0.595 / Virus Database: 378 - Release Date: 25/02/04

  2. I'm fine with it. It could probably use some editing though.
    I dashed it off rather quickly and posted it without
    rereading it.

    Linda P On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:10:02 +1100, "JulieB"