I did it!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Gonzalez, Apr 1, 2003.

  1. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    After years of trying I finally did it.

    Every morning my commute takes me up a short hill, past stationary traffic. As the traffic is
    usually close to the kerb I pass on the outside. Every day I note at least one person defenestrate
    some object... empty coffee cup, tissue, crisp packet, apple core, etc...

    About to pass a blue Mercedes, I noted a flying fag end. Instinctively I leant forward over my
    handle bars and with my right hand I batted the offending article back through the open window.

    As I looked around I saw the driver, still holding the steering wheel, anxiously looking down in the
    region of his crotch. I chuckled the rest of the way to work!
    --
    remove remove to reply

    Tags:

  2. >After years of trying I finally did it.

    You... you ... anarchist you! ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
    >>After years of trying I finally did it.
    >

    > You... you ... anarchist you! ;-)
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >

    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!
    >
    > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

    fantastic!

    once I had the flying fag end experience, and when this was pointed out to the driver he hotly
    denied it!

    anyway, nice one!

    --

    -Alex

    ----------------------------------
    [email protected]

    http://alexpg.ath.cx:3353/cycling.php http://www.westerleycycling.org.uk
    ----------------------------------

  4. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Alex Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > once I had the flying fag end experience, and when this was pointed out to the driver he hotly
    > denied it!

    Hopefully this one will be trying to explain away a flaming dick and a burn in the leather
    upholstery :0

    Wonderful.

  5. Johnny Klunk

    Johnny Klunk Guest

    > Every morning my commute takes me up a short hill, past stationary traffic. As the traffic is
    > usually close to the kerb I pass on the outside. Every day I note at least one person defenestrate
    > some object... empty coffee cup, tissue, crisp packet, apple core, etc...
    >
    > About to pass a blue Mercedes, I noted a flying fag end. Instinctively I leant forward over my
    > handle bars and with my right hand I batted the offending article back through the open window.

    Trying to understand the motions here - someone tossed a buring cigarette butt out the window. At
    speed (I'd like to know how fast), you were able to track the object, react, reach down, take aim
    and bat the offending object back through the window? Thats quite some reflexes.

    My highlight of my ride home was a discussion with a van driver that didn't seem to realise that
    nearly knocking a 70 year old man (not me, someone else) off his bike was wrong. As he saw it, he
    had a cyclist on his left, a cyclist on his right and., even though he was in a bus lane, slowing
    down for even a second was out of the question.

  6. Tim Cain

    Tim Cain Guest

    "Gonzalez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > After years of trying I finally did it.
    >
    > Every morning my commute takes me up a short hill, past stationary traffic. As the traffic is
    > usually close to the kerb I pass on the outside. Every day I note at least one person defenestrate
    > some object... empty coffee cup, tissue, crisp packet, apple core, etc...
    >
    > About to pass a blue Mercedes, I noted a flying fag end. Instinctively I leant forward over my
    > handle bars and with my right hand I batted the offending article back through the open window.
    >
    > As I looked around I saw the driver, still holding the steering wheel, anxiously looking down in
    > the region of his crotch. I chuckled the rest of the way to work!

    You'd be better off expressing your authoritarian urges via a full-time job: Much more scope and
    opportunity.

    Have you ever thought of applying to become a police officer?

    Best,

    Tim.

  7. In article <[email protected]>, "Johnny Klunk"
    <[email protected]:rem0ve-this:johnnyklunk.com> says...

    > Trying to understand the motions here - someone tossed a buring cigarette butt out the window. At
    > speed (I'd like to know how fast), you were able to track the object, react, reach down, take aim
    > and bat the offending object back through the window? Thats quite some reflexes.

    Humans can manage this sort of thing fairly easily. It's why we invented bat & ball games and
    bicycles :)

    Colin

  8. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Johnny Klunk" <[email protected]:rem0ve-this:johnnyklunk.com> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Trying to understand the motions here - someone tossed a buring cigarette butt out the window. At
    > speed (I'd like to know how fast), you were able to track the object, react, reach down, take aim
    > and bat the offending object back through the window? Thats quite some reflexes.

    He was filtering past traffic and going up hill, so probably not too fast. And he'd been trying for
    years. Good shot that man!

    I've very occasionally handed stuff back through the window after picking it up from the road, but I
    tend to be less confrontational these days.

    --
    Dave...

  9. Al_mossah

    Al_mossah Guest

    Tim,

    Well done. Let's hope he put out the fire before his trousers and car-seat cover were completely
    ruined. But let's not hope that hard.

    Peter.

    "Tim Cain" <[email protected]_know_what_to_cut_timcain.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Gonzalez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > After years of trying I finally did it.
    > >
    > > Every morning my commute takes me up a short hill, past stationary traffic. As the traffic is
    > > usually close to the kerb I pass on the outside. Every day I note at least one person
    > > defenestrate some object... empty coffee cup, tissue, crisp packet, apple core, etc...
    > >
    > > About to pass a blue Mercedes, I noted a flying fag end. Instinctively I leant forward over my
    > > handle bars and with my right hand I batted the offending article back through the open window.
    > >
    > > As I looked around I saw the driver, still holding the steering wheel, anxiously looking down in
    > > the region of his crotch. I chuckled the rest of the way to work!
    >
    > You'd be better off expressing your authoritarian urges via a full-time job: Much more scope and
    > opportunity.
    >
    > Have you ever thought of applying to become a police officer?
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > Tim.

  10. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 19:27:16 +0100, Gonzalez <[email protected]> wrote:

    >As I looked around I saw the driver, still holding the steering wheel, anxiously looking down in
    >the region of his crotch. I chuckled the rest of the way to work!

    "It's all coming back to me now," the sailor said as he spat into the wind.

    A superb manoeuvre, Gonzalez. ;-)

    Many moons ago, a deranged yobbo in the passenger seat of a passing car lobbed a half empty fast
    food container at me. The wind caused the container to splat itself on the windscreen of his mates'
    car (I'd seen them chatting earlier), which was being driven close behind.

    Helen, one who uses that most excellent word 'defenestrate' cannot possibly be described as an
    anarchist.

    James

    --
    A credit limit is NOT a target.

  11. >Helen, one who uses that most excellent word 'defenestrate' cannot possibly be described as an
    >anarchist.

    :) A very literate one :)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  12. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    "Johnny Klunk" <[email protected]:rem0ve-this:johnnyklunk.com> wrote:

    [Trimming occurs]

    >> Every morning my commute takes me up a short hill, past stationary traffic.
    >
    >Trying to understand the motions here - someone tossed a buring cigarette butt out the window. At
    >speed (I'd like to know how fast), you were able to track the object, react, reach down, take aim
    >and bat the offending object back through the window?

    Merc - stationary.

    Me - 6 MPH
    --
    remove remove to reply

  13. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    Tim Cain wrote:

    >You'd be better off expressing your authoritarian urges via a full-time job: Much more scope and
    >opportunity.
    >
    >Have you ever thought of applying to become a police officer?

    I'm already a teacher. Isn't that authoritarian enough?
    --
    remove remove to reply