I didn't do this

Huw Pritchard

Guest
I haven't just spent ages fighting with the bead on a new tyre trying to fit it onto the rim.

I didn't do all of this and then discover that I'd fitted it the wrong way around.

It wasn't my yell of anguish that could be heard throughout my neighbourhood a few minutes ago.

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| I haven't just spent ages fighting with the bead on a new tyre trying to fit it onto the rim.
|
| I didn't do all of this and then discover that I'd fitted it the wrong way around.
|
| It wasn't my yell of anguish that could be heard throughout my neighbourhood a few minutes ago.

Don't feel bad, I just replaced the lower pulley on my cruiser's RD and forgot to tighten the top
screw. Rode about 1 mile, looked down just in time to keep from losing the upper pulley. Still lost
the spacing washers and had to jerry rig it to get back home.

Damn I'm rusty - that's a rookie mistake!

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 4/10/2003

Huw Pritchard wrote:
> I haven't just spent ages fighting with the bead on a new tyre trying to fit it onto the rim.

I never fit a Specialized FatBoy road-slick onto a RhynoLiteXL.

> I didn't do all of this and then discover that I'd fitted it the wrong way around.

"direction of roataion" is merely a sugestion

> It wasn't my yell of anguish that could be heard throughout my neighbourhood a few minutes ago.

I prefer to take it out on a 200Lb heavy bag

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I haven't just spent ages fighting with the bead on a new tyre trying to fit it onto the rim.
>
> I didn't do all of this and then discover that I'd fitted it the wrong way around.
>
> It wasn't my yell of anguish that could be heard throughout my neighbourhood a few minutes ago.

It could have been worse if it were a non-disc front wheel, and after you fit the tire the 2nd time,
a friend asks you: "Why didn't you just take out the skewer and reverse it?" Actually BTDT around 10
yrs ago. Doh!

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I haven't just spent ages fighting with the bead on a new tyre trying to fit it onto the rim.
>
> I didn't do all of this and then discover that I'd fitted it the wrong way around.
>
> It wasn't my yell of anguish that could be heard throughout my neighbourhood a few minutes ago.

That's OK. You probably made a few holes in your tube, anyway :)

Bill "you *are* talking about a REAR wheel, right?!?" S.

> I never fit a Specialized FatBoy road-slick onto a RhynoLiteXL.

Arg. Just thinking about it makes me break into a sweat. I have to fight and yell at those tires
every time I have to fit them to any rim. It takes all the force my body can harness into that tiny
plastic tire lever to get them on, and I usually take bits and pieces of rubber surrounding the bead
each time. Changing them on the road would be a nightmare.

-John Morgan ...they ride great, though

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I haven't just spent ages fighting with the bead on a new tyre trying to fit it onto the rim.
>
> I didn't do all of this and then discover that I'd fitted it the wrong way around.
>
> It wasn't my yell of anguish that could be heard throughout my neighbourhood a few minutes ago.

Just like I didn't haul 4 wheels and 5 tires down to the bike shop to drop off for them to snicker
at me and then do quietly and calmly what was driving me crazy.

Paladin no pride left...

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:<[email protected]>...
> > I haven't just spent ages fighting with the bead on a new tyre trying to fit it onto the rim.
> >
> > I didn't do all of this and then discover that I'd fitted it the wrong
way
> > around.
> >
> > It wasn't my yell of anguish that could be heard throughout my neighbourhood a few minutes ago.
>
> Just like I didn't haul 4 wheels and 5 tires down to the bike shop to drop off for them to snicker
> at me and then do quietly and calmly what was driving me crazy.

Ok I give up, how do you get 5 tyres onto 4 wheels?

> Paladin no pride left...

> Huw Pritchard wrote:
> > I haven't just spent ages fighting with the bead on a new tyre trying to fit it onto the rim.
>
> I never fit a Specialized FatBoy road-slick onto a RhynoLiteXL.
>

> > I didn't do all of this and then discover that I'd fitted it the wrong
way
> > around.
>
> "direction of roataion" is merely a sugestion
>

> > It wasn't my yell of anguish that could be heard throughout my neighbourhood a few minutes ago.
>
> I prefer to take it out on a 200Lb heavy bag

Does your wife know you talk about her like that?

spademan o---[) * wrote:
> "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote
>>I prefer to take it out on a 200Lb heavy bag
> Does your wife know you talk about her like that?

OUCH! That was a low shot.

Hell, she rode the full course at the Turkey Burner only 9 weeks after having our youngest via
C-Section.. that is one tough broad!

Of course there _was_ that _one_ time I gave her a _light_ tap of a round-house kick to the head,
but she was taunitng me........

John G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> spademan o---[) * wrote:
> > "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote
> >>I prefer to take it out on a 200Lb heavy bag
> > Does your wife know you talk about her like that?
>
> OUCH! That was a low shot.

Indeed!

> Hell, she rode the full course at the Turkey Burner only 9 weeks after having our youngest via
> C-Section.. that is one tough broad!
>

> Of course there _was_ that _one_ time I gave her a _light_ tap of a round-house kick to the head,
> but she was taunitng me........

"Ooooo behave John, that tickles!" ?

',;~} ~

Shaun aRe

"spademan o---[\) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> > Huw Pritchard wrote:
> > > I haven't just spent ages fighting with the bead on a new tyre trying to fit it onto the rim.
> >
> > I never fit a Specialized FatBoy road-slick onto a RhynoLiteXL.
> >

> > > I didn't do all of this and then discover that I'd fitted it the wrong
> way
> > > around.
> >
> > "direction of roataion" is merely a sugestion
> >

> > > It wasn't my yell of anguish that could be heard throughout my neighbourhood a few minutes
> > > ago.
> >
> > I prefer to take it out on a 200Lb heavy bag
> >

> Does your wife know you talk about her like that?

Oh, yeah, tell her "congratulations on the incredible weight loss" for me!

;)

Spider

"spademan o---[\) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
> > > I haven't just spent ages fighting with the bead on a new tyre trying to fit it onto the rim.
> > >
> > > I didn't do all of this and then discover that I'd fitted it the wrong
> way
> > > around.
> > >
> > > It wasn't my yell of anguish that could be heard throughout my neighbourhood a few minutes
> > > ago.
> >
> > Just like I didn't haul 4 wheels and 5 tires down to the bike shop to drop off for them to
> > snicker at me and then do quietly and calmly what was driving me crazy.
>
> Ok I give up, how do you get 5 tyres onto 4 wheels?
>
> > Paladin no pride left...

Sounds like a story problem or a riddle, doesn't it? One of the wheels already had a tire on it that
needed swapping out.

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I haven't just spent ages fighting with the bead on a new tyre trying to fit it onto the rim.
>
> I didn't do all of this and then discover that I'd fitted it the wrong way around.
>
> It wasn't my yell of anguish that could be heard throughout my neighbourhood a few minutes ago.

good: http://www.parktool.com/tools/TL_5.shtml better: http://www.ctm-design.com/prolevr/index.html
best: http://www.wikco.com/Coats7065.html

/s