I don't get it (ebay)

I bet they'll take it off.

Some time ago there was a new bike going for $11000. It got taken off, and the user selling it suspended.

I don't really know the rest of the story, but do not expect someone to really pay that much money for that bike!!

Strange things......

They could just be clueless. There are no bids so I suspect it will continue that way. You know its a problem if it appears to good to be true. That is not the case here. A fool and their money are soon parted. If you pay that much than you are a fool. Quite more the fool than the guy who asks that much. You can always ask though. You never know someone might actually say yes.

1st is it just me or does that bike look like it's steel, not al?

2nd I've seen outrageously high prices with bids, which I assume are people buying out their own auctions.

3rd about this one I'm clueless.

Originally posted by lokstah
Hmphf. Bizzare. I have a 1986 Huffy Stone Mountain -- maybe I should put it up for $900; see what happens.
i have a single stabilizer from my daughters bike, i bet i'll get more for it than you will for that huffy.

Originally posted by hwttdz
1st is it just me or does that bike look like it's steel, not al?

2nd I've seen outrageously high prices with bids, which I assume are people buying out their own auctions.

3rd about this one I'm clueless.
It's steel.The seller is a moron,trolling for suckers,delusional and maybe even on crack. It's just ebay folks, no need to get ya nickers in a wad.

I'm keeping an eye on that auction. If anyone buys that bike, I'm going to contact the buyer lickity split because I have a few things I'd like to sell him.

I noticed it has a women's seat, my wife's always complaining that she pays more for haircuts, drycleaning, etc than I do, obviously this applies to bikes as well. :)

that is definatly steel and not worth 35 dollars let alone 3500 dollars. Also there is no way it ways less than 15lbs, the highest of the high end bikes only get down to about 14.0lbs. He probably just weighed the frame, no wheels, no components, in which case I might believe it was sub 15lbs. My guess would be that the bike weights between 24-28lbs

If it fit me, I'd pay maybe $400 or so. Assuming it's in nice condition, it'd be an interesting and good-looking 'round towner.

I must be missing something.
I see a DeRosa. I like this part of it though:

"From years of racing and touring, in the mountains of New Hampshire, having ridden carbon fiber, wich was very unstable down hill, I highly recommend the DeRosa columbus SLX"

He even says its Columbus steel, did the auction change?

He posted his phone number too.