I don't need help with stuck seat post any more.

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ken Pisichko, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Ken Pisichko

    Ken Pisichko Guest

    Thank you to all for the various bits of advice. The seat post is "unstuck".

    Just when I was about to remove the wheels to see if the rest of the bike would fit into our almost
    empty freezer, I decided to give the seat a hard smack with the palm of my hand - and IT MOVED!

    Smacking it back and forth a bit made it pretty loose and it came out - wet with all the WD-40 I
    have sprayed onto the post since Saturday. I put on a short spray twice a day and eventually the
    WD-40 worked it's way down to the end of the seat post...

    Tomorrow I will re-install, but first I will swab the inside of the tube with grease (after wiping
    off all the WD-40 still inside the tube).

    Now to work on straightening the wheels. My two sons think these bikes are good for hopping curbs.
    Sure they are - if you have a full time bike repair person and lots of disposable income. I think
    I should get a couple of junkers at a garage sale for $20 each and have them destroy those instead
    of their $350 bikes. Sign - perhaps it is true that youth is wasted on the young and retirement on
    the old ;-)

    Tags:

  2. Andymorris

    Andymorris Guest

    Ken Pisichko wrote:

    > Now to work on straightening the wheels. My two sons think these bikes are good for hopping curbs.
    > Sure they are - if you have a full time bike repair person and lots of disposable income. I think
    > I should get a couple of junkers at a garage sale for $20 each and have them destroy those instead
    > of their $350 bikes. Sign - perhaps it is true that youth is wasted on the young and retirement on
    > the old ;-)

    Or buy them 'the book' and some cheapish rims?

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK