I don't need help with stuck seat post any more.

Ken Pisichko

Guest
Thank you to all for the various bits of advice. The seat post is "unstuck".

Just when I was about to remove the wheels to see if the rest of the bike would fit into our almost
empty freezer, I decided to give the seat a hard smack with the palm of my hand - and IT MOVED!

Smacking it back and forth a bit made it pretty loose and it came out - wet with all the WD-40 I
have sprayed onto the post since Saturday. I put on a short spray twice a day and eventually the
WD-40 worked it's way down to the end of the seat post...

Tomorrow I will re-install, but first I will swab the inside of the tube with grease (after wiping
off all the WD-40 still inside the tube).

Now to work on straightening the wheels. My two sons think these bikes are good for hopping curbs.
Sure they are - if you have a full time bike repair person and lots of disposable income. I think
I should get a couple of junkers at a garage sale for $20 each and have them destroy those instead
of their $350 bikes. Sign - perhaps it is true that youth is wasted on the young and retirement on
the old ;-)

Ken Pisichko wrote:

> Now to work on straightening the wheels. My two sons think these bikes are good for hopping curbs.
> Sure they are - if you have a full time bike repair person and lots of disposable income. I think
> I should get a couple of junkers at a garage sale for $20 each and have them destroy those instead
> of their $350 bikes. Sign - perhaps it is true that youth is wasted on the young and retirement on
> the old ;-)

Or buy them 'the book' and some cheapish rims?

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK