I feel 'dirty'

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
2 days in a row now i havent ridden.
Feels just plain wrong.
stoopid cold/flu/lurgie has flattened me.
Tram is booooring (and friggin slow!).
Hard pulling a sickie when your the boss too :(
Doubt I'll be out for a BR.
Having to drink Soy in my coffee
Life sux, but at least i have one...

Flying"cough/splutter/hoick"Dutch

I feel for you............I would feel dirty too if I had to drink soy!

flyingdutch said:
2 days in a row now i havent ridden.
Feels just plain wrong.
stoopid cold/flu/lurgie has flattened me.
Tram is booooring (and friggin slow!).
Hard pulling a sickie when your the boss too :(
Doubt I'll be out for a BR.
Having to drink Soy in my coffee
Life sux, but at least i have one...

Had this lurgie last week, chin up lad, have some chicken soup (whatever)

Just on 9am I was at the front of the house, as a childs laughter echoed around our street. Mum and little one were walking up to the local crech. I thought, please don't grow up and make too many stupid mistakes & upset your mum. please.

cfsmtb said:
Had this lurgie last week, chin up lad, have some chicken soup (whatever)

Just on 9am I was at the front of the house, as a childs laughter echoed around our street. Mum and little one were walking up to the local crech. I thought, please don't grow up and make too many stupid mistakes & upset your mum. please.
Gave my daughter an extra hug this morning too. Teenage-hood is only three short years away

Code:
Deest said:
Gave my daughter an extra hug this morning too. Teenage-hood is only three short years away
Code:

Holy **** - talk about a bunch of friggin kodak / kleenex moments.

But I can add to the moment - My 3 (almost 4 yo daughter) said to me this morning "Daddy, If you go away I'm coming with you". Damn. She must have seen me having sex with teh neighbour ... ...

monsterman said:
Code:
Code:

Holy **** - talk about a bunch of friggin kodak / kleenex moments.

But I can add to the moment - My 3 (almost 4 yo daughter) said to me this morning "Daddy, If you go away I'm coming with you". Damn. She must have seen me having sex with teh neighbour ... ...
If your neighbours look anything like mine, you'd wanna spend more time with your daughter!

"monsterman" wrote in message ...

> Holy **** - talk about a bunch of friggin kodak / kleenex moments.
>
> But I can add to the moment - My 3 (almost 4 yo daughter) said to me
> this morning "Daddy, If you go away I'm coming with you". Damn. She
> must have seen me having sex with teh neighbour ... ...

bwahahhahha!!!

I've left my 9yo with some friends today... by 9yo I mean my almost fully
sick VS commo, and by friends I mean the local tyre place for some new
rubber and a rear camber kit...

cheers,
GPL

flyingdutch wrote:

> Having to drink Soy in my coffee
> Life sux, but at least i have one...

You have Soy in your coffee AND you have a life?

Yuk!

Theo

flyingdutch said:
2 days in a row now i havent ridden.
Feels just plain wrong.
stoopid cold/flu/lurgie has flattened me.
Tram is booooring (and friggin slow!).
Hard pulling a sickie when your the boss too :(
Doubt I'll be out for a BR.
Having to drink Soy in my coffee
Life sux, but at least i have one...

Flying"cough/splutter/hoick"Dutch
Yepp, agree soy in coffee is not nice, but some soy with
your cereal is not bad at all. Bonsoi is really nice actually.
Try to cure your self with cognac, an XO will have you up and
going in no time, if not, it makes you feel better. :)

Claes said:
Yepp, agree soy in coffee is not nice, but some soy with
your cereal is not bad at all. Bonsoi is really nice actually.
Try to cure your self with cognac, an XO will have you up and
going in no time, if not, it makes you feel better. :)

As a recent forced convert to soy, the thing I now know is that all soy is not created equal! Bonsoy is much less soyey than many of the others, less dirty tasting and gritty feeling..

PiledHigher wrote:

> Claes Wrote:
> > Yepp, agree soy in coffee is not nice, but some soy with
> > your cereal is not bad at all. Bonsoi is really nice actually.
> > Try to cure your self with cognac, an XO will have you up and
> > going in no time, if not, it makes you feel better. :)

> As a recent forced convert to soy, the thing I now know is that all soy
> is not created equal! Bonsoy is much less soyey than many of the others,
> less dirty tasting and gritty feeling..
>
> --
> PiledHigher

I reckon soy is gonna be the next gluten. Watch out!

Tam

PiledHigher wrote:

> As a recent forced convert to soy, the thing I now know is that all
> soy is not created equal! Bonsoy is much less soyey than many of the
> others, less dirty tasting and gritty feeling..

But still somewhat dirty tasting and gritty feeling?

Theo

flyingdutch said:
2 days in a row now i havent ridden.
Feels just plain wrong.
stoopid cold/flu/lurgie has flattened me.
Tram is booooring (and friggin slow!).
Hard pulling a sickie when your the boss too :(
Doubt I'll be out for a BR.
Having to drink Soy in my coffee
Life sux, but at least i have one...

Flying"cough/splutter/hoick"Dutch
Oh Mr Dutch,

Dont fall for the anti milk stuff!! Either cow or soy is just the same. See the study below. (assuming the no milk is about sickness and mucus.... )

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8452378&dopt=Abstract

Theo Bekkers said:
PiledHigher wrote:

> As a recent forced convert to soy, the thing I now know is that all
> soy is not created equal! Bonsoy is much less soyey than many of the
> others, less dirty tasting and gritty feeling..

But still somewhat dirty tasting and gritty feeling?

Theo

Don't notice it now, but may have got use to the taste, that said, the only way I have soy is in coffee.

"GPLama" wrote in message ...
> I've left my 9yo with some friends today... by 9yo I mean my almost fully
> sick VS commo, and by friends I mean the local tyre place for some new
> rubber and a rear camber kit...

Was that me going on about the cost of STI leavers the other day? Well
throw that out the window... $675 for two tyres and a camber kit, I have a
new hate - my car!

cheers,
GPL
:being a hoon is costly!:

cfsmtb said:
Had this lurgie last week, chin up lad, have some chicken soup (whatever)

Just on 9am I was at the front of the house, as a childs laughter echoed around our street. Mum and little one were walking up to the local crech. I thought, please don't grow up and make too many stupid mistakes & upset your mum. please.
We've only got a few more weeks left at that creche. Listen out on a Thursday morning for a girl begging to sit on her dad's rack as he wheels the bike past your door.

slaw said:
We've only got a few more weeks left at that creche. Listen out on a Thursday morning for a girl begging to sit on her dad's rack as he wheels the bike past your door.

Oh yeah, you reside just down the hill, do you know the chap with the alleycat?
BTW, what do you think of the potatoes in the front garden? :D

flyingdutch said:
2 days in a row now i havent ridden.
Feels just plain wrong.
stoopid cold/flu/lurgie has flattened me.
Tram is booooring (and friggin slow!).
Hard pulling a sickie when your the boss too :(
Doubt I'll be out for a BR.
Having to drink Soy in my coffee
Life sux, but at least i have one...

Flying"cough/splutter/hoick"Dutch

Got the same thing and it's been around for a few days now. Wanted to go to Kinglake yesterday but thought I better rest so I could shake it off so I'm fit and well hopefully for next weekends ride. I find I get a bit depressed when I can't ride to work exspecially when it's a great day outside.

cfsmtb said:
Oh yeah, you reside just down the hill, do you know the chap with the alleycat?
BTW, what do you think of the potatoes in the front garden? :D
We're only there one day a week, so we don't know a whole lot of other families there. I'll check out your spuds next time I go past.

FD, I sympathise about having to go Public Transport. But it does make me appreciate the riding when I do get back on the bike. I can usually make a 10 x 2 hour ticket last a year so that gives an idea of the number of days I don't ride.