I feel 'dirty'

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by flyingdutch, Dec 1, 2005.

  1. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    2 days in a row now i havent ridden.
    Feels just plain wrong.
    stoopid cold/flu/lurgie has flattened me.
    Tram is booooring (and friggin slow!).
    Hard pulling a sickie when your the boss too :(
    Doubt I'll be out for a BR.
    Having to drink Soy in my coffee
    Life sux, but at least i have one...

    Flying"cough/splutter/hoick"Dutch

    Tags:

  2. Rhino-x

    Rhino-x New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2005
    I feel for you............I would feel dirty too if I had to drink soy!

  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Had this lurgie last week, chin up lad, have some chicken soup (whatever)

    Just on 9am I was at the front of the house, as a childs laughter echoed around our street. Mum and little one were walking up to the local crech. I thought, please don't grow up and make too many stupid mistakes & upset your mum. please.

  4. Deest

    Deest New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2005
    Gave my daughter an extra hug this morning too. Teenage-hood is only three short years away

  5. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    Code:

    Code:

    Holy crap - talk about a bunch of friggin kodak / kleenex moments.

    But I can add to the moment - My 3 (almost 4 yo daughter) said to me this morning "Daddy, If you go away I'm coming with you". Damn. She must have seen me having sex with teh neighbour ... ...

  6. Deest

    Deest New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2005
    If your neighbours look anything like mine, you'd wanna spend more time with your daughter!

  7. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "monsterman" wrote in message ...

    > Holy crap - talk about a bunch of friggin kodak / kleenex moments.
    >
    > But I can add to the moment - My 3 (almost 4 yo daughter) said to me
    > this morning "Daddy, If you go away I'm coming with you". Damn. She
    > must have seen me having sex with teh neighbour ... ...

    bwahahhahha!!!

    I've left my 9yo with some friends today... by 9yo I mean my almost fully
    sick VS commo, and by friends I mean the local tyre place for some new
    rubber and a rear camber kit...

    cheers,
    GPL

  8. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:

    > Having to drink Soy in my coffee
    > Life sux, but at least i have one...

    You have Soy in your coffee AND you have a life?

    Yuk!

    Theo

  9. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Yepp, agree soy in coffee is not nice, but some soy with
    your cereal is not bad at all. Bonsoi is really nice actually.
    Try to cure your self with cognac, an XO will have you up and
    going in no time, if not, it makes you feel better. :)

  10. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    As a recent forced convert to soy, the thing I now know is that all soy is not created equal! Bonsoy is much less soyey than many of the others, less dirty tasting and gritty feeling..

  11. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    PiledHigher wrote:

    > Claes Wrote:
    > > Yepp, agree soy in coffee is not nice, but some soy with
    > > your cereal is not bad at all. Bonsoi is really nice actually.
    > > Try to cure your self with cognac, an XO will have you up and
    > > going in no time, if not, it makes you feel better. :)

    > As a recent forced convert to soy, the thing I now know is that all soy
    > is not created equal! Bonsoy is much less soyey than many of the others,
    > less dirty tasting and gritty feeling..
    >
    > --
    > PiledHigher

    I reckon soy is gonna be the next gluten. Watch out!

    Tam

  12. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    PiledHigher wrote:

    > As a recent forced convert to soy, the thing I now know is that all
    > soy is not created equal! Bonsoy is much less soyey than many of the
    > others, less dirty tasting and gritty feeling..

    But still somewhat dirty tasting and gritty feeling?

    Theo

  13. casurina99

    casurina99 New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2004
    Oh Mr Dutch,

    Dont fall for the anti milk stuff!! Either cow or soy is just the same. See the study below. (assuming the no milk is about sickness and mucus.... )

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8452378&dopt=Abstract

  14. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    Don't notice it now, but may have got use to the taste, that said, the only way I have soy is in coffee.

  15. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "GPLama" wrote in message ...
    > I've left my 9yo with some friends today... by 9yo I mean my almost fully
    > sick VS commo, and by friends I mean the local tyre place for some new
    > rubber and a rear camber kit...

    Was that me going on about the cost of STI leavers the other day? Well
    throw that out the window... $675 for two tyres and a camber kit, I have a
    new hate - my car!

    cheers,
    GPL
    :being a hoon is costly!:

  16. slaw

    slaw New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2004
    We've only got a few more weeks left at that creche. Listen out on a Thursday morning for a girl begging to sit on her dad's rack as he wheels the bike past your door.

  17. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Oh yeah, you reside just down the hill, do you know the chap with the alleycat?
    BTW, what do you think of the potatoes in the front garden? :D

  18. Dancier

    Dancier New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2005
    Got the same thing and it's been around for a few days now. Wanted to go to Kinglake yesterday but thought I better rest so I could shake it off so I'm fit and well hopefully for next weekends ride. I find I get a bit depressed when I can't ride to work exspecially when it's a great day outside.

  19. slaw

    slaw New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2004
    We're only there one day a week, so we don't know a whole lot of other families there. I'll check out your spuds next time I go past.

    FD, I sympathise about having to go Public Transport. But it does make me appreciate the riding when I do get back on the bike. I can usually make a 10 x 2 hour ticket last a year so that gives an idea of the number of days I don't ride.