I feel sorta guilty

Cully_J

Guest
Hello fellow bikers,

After rerading the helmet thread, I feel sorta guilty for stating something
that, obviously, has been repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated
and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and
REPEATED!

So sorry...
Cully_J

P.S. ...Well, not really

Cully_J wrote:
> Hello fellow bikers,
>
> After rerading the helmet thread, I feel sorta guilty for stating something
> that, obviously, has been repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated
> and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and
> REPEATED!
>
> So sorry...
> Cully_J
>
> P.S. ...Well, not really

Why you miserable ... :)

Don't be sorry but if you're interested in the topic read some of the
papers that are cited and have a look at BHSI and Cyclehelmets.org to
get started. BTW to read the papers you probably will need access to a
good university library and some basic statistical knowledge.

The helmet issue and Mandatory helmet laws are much more complicated
issues than they first appear to be.

John Kane

Don't feel guilty. I'll back you up.

Helmet laws should not have to be mandatory. People should just
have enough common sense to wear one. At least in traffic or a
tough trail, not necessarily on a smooth bike path. At first, I
thought helmets were for dorks, but I got one so as not to be
frowned upon by the local cycling community. BUT ya know what?
After a ride with a helmet in traffic, I would now feel really
vulnerable riding without one.

When they made seat belt laws, I buckled up. And now if I start
driving without a seat belt, I FEEL like I'm going to fall out
the window! You get used to these things very quickly, and they
really are smart.

Final thought: There are worse things than being dead. You could
hemmorage your brain and wind up living a long life with serious
neuroligical deficits, like not being able to ride, walk, or wipe
your own ass. just wear the damn helmet for Christ-sake. ....Or
not. If you're too cool to control your own bathroom related
bodily functions after a jerk in a Geo Metro blows a stop sign.

~Mo Fo

"John_Kane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
:
: Cully_J wrote:
: > Hello fellow bikers,
: >
[...]

"mo fo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Don't feel guilty. I'll back you up.

> just wear the damn helmet for Christ-sake.

Well, good. Now you've ****** off both the "magic foam hat" crowd AND the
secularists, all at one swell foop.

Way to go.

(There is no historical or photographic evidence of Christ having worn a
helmet, either).

: Well, good. Now you've ****** off both the "magic foam hat"
crowd AND the
: secularists, all at one swell foop.
:
: Way to go.
:
: (There is no historical or photographic evidence of Christ
having worn a
: helmet, either).
:
:

Sweeet! who's next?

~Mo Fo

PS: Now, had HE been wearing a helmet.....

>> just wear the damn helmet for Christ-sake.
>
> Well, good. Now you've ****** off both the "magic foam hat" crowd AND the
> secularists, all at one swell foop.
>
> Way to go.
>
> (There is no historical or photographic evidence of Christ having worn a
> helmet, either).

I'm pretty thick-skinned and generally not too offended by such remarks
(even on Sundays when I don't skip Church for a bike ride), but feel the
need to correct something here. If we consider the old leather hairnets to
qualify as a helmet, then perhaps Christ's crown of thorns...

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com