I finally did it, my FIRST RACE EVER!!!!!

Roquen

Apr 27, 2003
Hi everyone,

Felt the need to post this here, I just got back from my first ever cycling race, ever! Im nearly 23, pretty late starter, but better now than never.

I was really nervous, had no idea what to expect with it all, but I had a great time.

I raced a scratch race, 22km total, came 3rd last, but NOT LAST! My only aim was to not pull out of the race, which I achieved, and still beat some people! I raced a C grade, mixed race, flat course. I wil admit I struggled with the first 15 minutes, as I find it really hard to get into a good rhythym, and I am almost certain I was on the wrong gears, but my legs were hurting the whole way. Another good thing that came out of it was I averaged about 5-6km/hr faster than I do in training, which is pretty motivating for me.

I still want to race track, but I thought I would do any racing I could, for the experience and the training.

Next week Im aiming to stay with the bunch 2 more laps further than I did this time!

well... must eat.. :)

ness

Hey Ness

where did u race????
I raced at landsdown on the weekend and got a flat with 2 laps to go at the bottom of the course. It then started raining on me as i started walking back to the start/finish line.

Now my shoes have mud all caked in the cleats.

Jonny

heheheh what a shocker.. oh well, at least you gave it a go! I raced at Smithfield on a road circuit there, was a flat one so a bit easier for my first try, and nice and wide too...

you racing this sat? if so where at?

ness,

smithfield is a nice crit circuit, our club used to race there. The sprints used to get up to 80km/h there because of the long slight downhill finish.

I don't know where the race for our club is this weekend. We are still trying to get approval from the police for our Horsley Park curcuit. I wanna race on Friday night at DGV so i may just have a roll around on Saturday.

Jonny

Jonny i think your thinking about the Wetherill Park circuit not the smithfield one

yes your right Gistane, my mistake

I only rode there twice b4 it we moved (from wetherill park that is)

Jonny