I finally got it!!!!!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by jazmo, Jan 11, 2005.

  1. jazmo

    jazmo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    My new bike that is!

    Bianchi Carbon 928 L (carbon lugs).

    Just brought it into the house - will go for a maiden ride this afternoon along the Yarra Blvd.

    Now all I have to do is forget about how much I spent to get it so that I can relax while riding it.

    Suffice to say, I'm pretty stoked.

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    woooohooooo!!!

    no excuses for not doing BR's now :D
    you still doing the AlpineClassic?

    So????

    "Photos, photos??? woss-it-loike"

  3. jazmo

    jazmo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    Cheers Dutchy. Once I get hold of a digital camera I'll get some photos happening.

    Yeah, still doing the Alpine Classic but I'm starting to get rather nervous.

    I did Mt Donna Buang on Monday (I'm still on holidays) and it hurt. I imagine the experience will be better on the road bike than on the mountain bike. I did the climb 1.5 times. First time I went to the summit then I went back down 10 km (to the intersection) and then back up again. I hate the end of the first half of the climb just before getting to Cement Creek. It kills.

    I'll report back on what the bike's like after tonight's ride.

    I did test ride one a number of weeks back and although it was too small for me it rode beautifully.

  4. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:

    > no excuses for not doing BR's now :D
    > you still doing the AlpineClassic?

    You've gotta be kidding. He was killing us on the MTB.

    DaveB

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    oh really? gee. i thawt we were all taking it easy and making him look good :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

  6. Gags

    Gags Guest

    "jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > flyingdutch Wrote:
    > > woooohooooo!!!
    > >
    > > no excuses for not doing BR's now :D
    > > you still doing the AlpineClassic?
    > >
    > > So????
    > >
    > > "Photos, photos??? woss-it-loike"

    > Cheers Dutchy. Once I get hold of a digital camera I'll get some photos
    > happening.
    >
    > Yeah, still doing the Alpine Classic but I'm starting to get rather
    > nervous.
    >
    > I did Mt Donna Buang on Monday (I'm still on holidays) and it hurt. I
    > imagine the experience will be better on the road bike than on the
    > mountain bike. I did the climb 1.5 times. First time I went to the
    > summit then I went back down 10 km (to the intersection) and then back
    > up again. I hate the end of the first half of the climb just before
    > getting to Cement Creek. It kills.
    >
    > I'll report back on what the bike's like after tonight's ride.
    >
    > I did test ride one a number of weeks back and although it was too
    > small for me it rode beautifully.
    > --
    > jazmo

    So what does this bike weigh?? 8 kilos or so?? That would make for a
    combined weight of about 60kg including two full water bottles, half a dozen
    bananas and wet weather gear!!! I am planning on being at BR this Sunday so
    you better come out so that we can all have a drool over the bike.

    Even though you will whoop me up the hills, I reckon that I could still have
    you on a down hill "coast off" though ;)

    Ride On,

    Gags

  7. craigster_jd

    craigster_jd New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2004
    That's a beautiful machine for sure - congratulations sir! Where did you get it from?

    For all fellow lovers of the Celeste, I notice you can already get the new Liquigas Bianchi kit from www.bianchiusa.com

    Cheers,
    Craigster

  8. jazmo

    jazmo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    Well I was a bit disappointed with my ride this evening.

    I've had a problem with my carbon seatpost sliding down. Rode about 10 kms and then had to turn back.

    I don't want to tighten up the clamp myself for fear of damaging the seatpost. I've head stories about carbon seatposts with carbon frames and the tending to slip down. I've also heard stories about them cracking if the clamp is done up too tight. I'm going to take it back to the bike shop tomorrow and have them take a look at it. The clamp is actually offset to help prevent carbon seatpost from cracking.

    I was in fact after just a decent alloy seatpost but apparently the 928 Carbon L frame requires an uncommon seatpost diameter. I'm going to talk to the LSB guy and find out what else is available.

    Other than that issue the bike performed flawlessly. I love it.

    I just weighed it on a scale with me holding it. Yeah it weighs around 8 kgs - maybe less. 60 kg? He he he he. There'd be even more nothing of me if that was the case.

    I'm not sure yet if I'll be doing the BR ride on Sunday. It depends on how much riding I do on Saturday.

    Agree with the downhill thing. As well as the weight factor for coasting down, I've only got a 13-26 cluster on the rear for the Alpine Classic so I won't have a 53-11 to power down the hills.

  9. jazmo

    jazmo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    Thanks. Yeah it is a pretty machine. I got it from Mascot Cycles.

    Some of the specs are as follows:
    928 Carbon L frame.
    Campag Recerd brake/gear levers. Everthing else is Chorus.
    Campag Neutron wheels.
    Selle Italia SLR saddle.
    ITM bars and stem.
    Shimano SPD-SL pedals. (Ultegra) - Dura Ace wasn't worth the extra $100.

  10. Resound

    Resound New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2004
    Absolutely! You can't get something like that and not provide the dribblingly envious with bike pr0n!

  11. Gags

    Gags Guest

    "jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Agree with the downhill thing. As well as the weight factor for
    > coasting down, I've only got a 13-26 cluster on the rear for the Alpine
    > Classic so I won't have a 53-11 to power down the hills.

    That's no excuse.....I'm running an 8 spd 13-28 rear cluster!!!!

    Gags

  12. kyra

    kyra New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2003

    Well done on the purchase Jazmo... that's a sexy bike!!

    I'd love to be at BR this weekend but i'm in sydney atm.

    enjoy the riding mate.