I finally have my road bike!

ness

Apr 25, 2002
;D<br /><br />Just wanted to tell everyone because I am so excited! I went to the bike shop yesterday to pay $500 more off my $1039 owing, and as i was leaving i asked could i have a look at it again, then i said thanks.. went to leave, and my boyfriend, said &quot;why dont you put it in the car&quot; and he went on to pay the balance for me!!! what a great guy :)<br /><br />So now its safe in the lounge room where i can look at it all day!! went for a ride, its great, only prob is i think i need to adjust the pedals (clipless) because none of us couold get the cleats in properly by hand or when riding it.. any tips there??<br /><br />anyway... i start training today... but have to have a month off as of the 12th because of some minor surgery..!! oh well.. :)

my boyfriend, said &quot;why dont you put it in the car&quot; and he went on to pay the balance for me!!! what a great guy :)<br />
<br />So what does he want ;)<br /><br />
only prob is i think i need to adjust the pedals (clipless) because none of us couold get the cleats in properly by hand or when riding it.. any tips there??<br />
<br /><br />Could be one or both of 2 things. 1. Cleats have tension set high. Some cleats have tension ajustments. which can be adjusted by a dial or by using a alen key. set the tension to low until you get used to cliping in/out once your good at that you can tighten the tension.<br /><br />2.Cleats when they are new can take a little while to wear in they can be a tad hard to clip in when they are new<br />

Wow, sweet guy, now I need to find a sugar mommy to do things like that for me. Was it you asking for a miniature bike to borrow a while back ness? If so, that was the first thing I ever read on this thread

yeah that was me asking about the &quot;miniature bike&quot; lol...<br /><br />this one is the most compact frame they had, its a 48 cm.. but the stem is too long by like 2cm so hopefully we are swapping that over today..!!!<br /><br />i will take some pics for sure today and post them.. my mug is in the other forum ;D<br /><br />fixed the pedals too...<br /><br />ps what is the basic tools that you all swear by to have on you when out training?

here it is.. i love the colours.. they are kinda evil and scary :)

I used to have a norco they are a good bike though they are a little on the heavy side. what are the specs? <br /><br />these are the tools i take<br /><br />1. Alen Keys (i take the most common)<br />2. Tyre Levers (I got plastic ones that clip together, they are lighter too<br />3. Spare Tube<br />4. Tyre Repair Kit. (I know the spare tube will mostly be enough but i one had 2 tyres go at once. so its just a back up)<br /><br />You will also look fast if you have a good helmet/glasses and hey thats what its all about 8) 8) Cheap helmets are like parachutes its definately worth geting a good helmet it could save your life

ta for that, thats along the lines of what i thought i needed.<br /><br />heheeh yes i have a helmet that isnt the best.. will save up and get a good one..any recommendations on that?<br /><br />specs on the bike.. will get back to you, its actually quite light, lighter than the giant cfr i used to have anyway..

Iv got a Met Stradavarius. Its Expensive though $$$ it fits like a glove and has Exellent ventelation and looks cool too 8). Its got a 2yr crash replacement policy , you get a replace ment if you have a crash for half the price.<br /><br />http://www.met-helmets.com/flash/eng/index.htm<br /><br />have a look at the met site. the ippogripo looks good too and is cheaper if you dont want to spend quite as much on the stradavarius.

Hiya Ness, <br /><br />Great looking bike. We don't get Norco's (spelling?) here in SA so we don't know them.<br /><br />As for the helmet, I also use a MET, albeit an older and cheaper model. (Roadrunner II, I think) Most of the good helmets available are good, so spend that little bit extra. I'm sure you'll agree that your head is worth it.

Good looking bike, ness.<br /><br />I try and travel as light as possible, so the Allen keys stay back at home (or in the car). Part of the reason why you should take care of your bike, like keeping all the bolts and nuts tightened and all the cables etc. in good condition.<br />I keep all the obvious goodies, like tyre levers and spare tubes. I don't carry a repair kit. If I've used up all my spare tubes during a ride, then tough, I call it a day and catch the sweep vehicle back to the finish line. One thing I do tag along is 10 bucks, in case I need to make a phone call or catch a taxi to the nearest petrol station.

Hmm, nice tools to carry? I've gotta agree with V02 re the cash one, thats a great help, though I tend to carry more than R10, I carrry enough to get me home if I've bonked (i.e. enough for a meal). On really long rides I'll even throw in my credit card or ATM card in a small wallet.<br /><br />Being the 21'st century I'd have to say that other than a race a cellphone has to be one of the best ideas, no-one wants to walk more than 500 metres in cycling shoes, ruins the poor things and bare feet is even worse<br /><br />Have fun on your mini bike ness, I hope you fly past some of those big guys (Anybody worry about weight? pick up a small frame bike, whenever guys talk about a 6kg wonder bike the first thing to ask is what size cyclist rides it)

hehehe, <br /><br />That's why I'm happy I'm short too. ;D<br /><br />I used to leave the multi-tool at home too, but I've been stranded twice. Once on a MTB ride when I trashed my derailleur and the other time when a training partner's cleat came off his shoe. During a race maybe, on a training ride, the extra weight will do you good.<br /><br />When are you gonna ride it Ness?

[quote author=Gear Grinder link=board=6;threadid=2500;start=0#21534 date=1034036617]<br /><br />these are the tools i take<br /><br />1. Alen Keys (i take the most common)<br />2. Tyre Levers (I got plastic ones that clip together, they are lighter too<br />3. Spare Tube<br />4. Tyre Repair Kit. (I know the spare tube will mostly be enough but i one had 2 tyres go at once. so its just a back up)<br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />no pump?<br /><br /> :p

Well i have had one short ride ( still recovering from my cortisone injection) but after i get the stem changed today and it fits perfectly - I will be riding this afternoon I think!

[quote author=MtnBikerChk link=board=6;threadid=2500;start=15#21569 date=1034097284]<br />no pump?<br /> :p<br />[/quote]<br /><br />A mobile phone should be added to that list IMO :)

[quote author=ness link=board=6;threadid=2500;start=0#21533 date=1034033485]<br />here it is.. i love the colours.. they are kinda evil and scary :)<br />[/quote] <br /><br />That's a great looking bike.<br />Are you going to get it insured?