I finished my first Century

grandamn

Apr 18, 2011
I was looking for the post when I first signed up asking if I could train enough by June 18th and most people said they didnt think so. I didnt train enough but I still completed it in 6.5 hours (Riding time).

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]100 miles is an INCREDIBLE feat, and you should be proud! I seem to be stuck at the 40-mile mark, but maybe moving across country has put a damper on my efforts, lol -- especially given that I moved into 112 degree heat. Yuck.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]But WAY TO GO!! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Brilliant mate, I did my first century last year and went from strength to strength since. I have done 1 more (112 mile) and am doing another (130) next weekend.
Once you've done it there is no stoping you.
Beleive and ride the ride...
Nice one.

Originally Posted by grandamn .

I was looking for the post when I first signed up asking if I could train enough by June 18th and most people said they didnt think so. I didnt train enough but I still completed it in 6.5 hours (Riding time).
Awesome photos, looks like a great event.

Congratulations. I had my doubts about going from a non-rider to a century survivor in two months but you proved me wrong. I'm happy that you went for it and came out successful. Do you think that the magic of Bianchi helped? Just think of how the ride might have turned out if you had been riding your Denali.

Just think of how the ride might have turned out if you had been riding your Denali.
/img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

Thanks everyone. Next big ride, I have my eyes set on Manhattan to Boston.

Wow what an accomplishment! Congrats to you. I hope to join the ranks one day, but this season seems like an impossability at the moment. Looked like a wonderful event. Where was it at?

Congratulations! I just, minutes ago, printed out the application for a century ride in late September. I seem to be more likely to ride on a regular basis if I am committed to a ride, so here it goes. I've ridden over 70 miles a couple times, and over 60 a few more, but that's it. The second time I did 70+, I think I could have made it 100 that day.

Jason