I get to play in the cold (well, cold for me)

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Cletus D . Lee, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. I woke up this AM to 29° temps. I decided to use the thermometer function on my GPS just to get some
    idea of the temp as I biked. I was concerned that the GPS might not reflect accurate temperatures
    since it is mounted on the Bacchetta Monotube between my legs.

    Since this was the Saturday before the Houston Marathon, we did the Marathon route.  It has become a
    tradition with us to do this on the Saturday before the Marathon. Last year it was chilly and
    raining, this year just down right cold. The Marathon route covers a wide swath of Houston from the
    tawny Memorial residential areas to the seamy 5th Ward.

    It was a great day. Cool crisp and relatively calm.  I expected a thin crowd at the ride start. I
    was not disappointed, there were four of us
    - 3 bents and one DF. Temp started out on my GPS with thermometer at 27 at the start near the bayou.
    16 miles later we entered Memorial Park where it usually is a few degrees cooler at the Picnic
    loop where many cyclists to 1 mile laps. The Picnic loop was deserted. We four were it!!.  It was
    24° at the picnic loop and four miles later it was 33° downtown in the CBD at around 9AM. At our
    Brunch stop at La Madeline, in Rice Village coffee was a welcome addition. By then it had warmed
    up to 44. This was for me 36 miles into the ride and 10:30 AM. By the time I finished my 40 miles
    things had warmed up to 47.

    All in all, this was a good riding week for me. In spite of the cold Thursday and Friday, I managed
    122 miles for the week. and I am off to a good start for the year.

    I can't wait 'til next winter!

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

    Tags:

  2. Cletus, Nice ride report. Hey come north and join us, right now the Temperature is 6 degrees down
    from a high of 18 today. The Clear sky and light of the full moon on the snow is awesome. This
    morning at 5:30 it was 7 below. Not too much riding here right now, too much salt on the road, the
    road is white with it. It raises hell with bike parts. Then there's black ice, but thats for another
    rant. Denny in Sayre, Pa
    41.59.48 N 76.31.44 W "Bent but not Broken" www.recumbentstuff.com

    "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message >
    > It was a great day. Cool crisp and relatively calm. I expected a thin crowd at the ride start. I
    > was not disappointed, there were four of us
    > - 3 bents and one DF. Temp started out on my GPS with thermometer at 27 at the start near the
    > bayou. 16 miles later we entered Memorial Park where it usually is a few degrees cooler at the
    > Picnic loop where many cyclists to 1 mile laps. The Picnic loop was deserted. We four were it!!.
    > It was 24° at the picnic loop and four miles later it was 33° downtown in the CBD at around 9AM.
    > At our Brunch stop at La Madeline, in Rice Village coffee was a welcome addition. By then it had
    > warmed up to 44. This was for me 36 miles into the ride and 10:30 AM. By the time I finished my
    > 40 miles things had warmed up to 47.
    >

    > I can't wait 'til next winter!

    > - Bellaire, TX USA -

  3. Well Cletus, I'm getting ready to go and connect with the HARDCORE DF group I usually ride with and
    then trudge over to the Bacchetta Rally later on. It's a nice warm... 43 degrees at present, with
    the wind chill factor of 38 degrees 8 mph wind out of the NNW and 88 % humidity. (One of those moist
    chills, like Houston has all the time in Winter) WHY DO WE EXPOSE OUR RECUMBO SELVES TO THESE RIDING
    CONDITIONS??? EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti & Tailwind Pilot)
    PS: Got to do an early test ride of the B Aero and the B Giro yesterday. Now I understand why you
    have so much FUN on your Giro. But am glad I have a fairing to use today, anyway! :) <Grin>

    "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I woke up this AM to 29° temps. I decided to use the thermometer function on my GPS just to get
    > some idea of the temp as I biked. I was concerned that the GPS might not reflect accurate
    > temperatures since it is mounted on the Bacchetta Monotube between my legs.

  4. John Clarke

    John Clarke Guest

    I ran the Marathon back in the late 80's. I come from the cold Philadelphia weather, and it was
    about 70 degrees that day. Felt like a steambath. Still managed to break 3 hrs for the race though.
    A very fond memory of your city. Also, after the race a few of us runners hobbled into Ruths Chris
    for some very large steaks. Hopefully, some day i'll return for another try at it.

    John Clarke

    "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I woke up this AM to 29° temps. I decided to use the thermometer function on my GPS just to get
    > some idea of the temp as I biked. I was concerned that the GPS might not reflect accurate
    > temperatures since it is mounted on the Bacchetta Monotube between my legs.
    >
    > Since this was the Saturday before the Houston Marathon, we did the Marathon route. It has become
    > a tradition with us to do this on the Saturday before the Marathon. Last year it was chilly and
    > raining, this year just down right cold. The Marathon route covers a wide swath of Houston from
    > the tawny Memorial residential areas to the seamy 5th Ward.
    >
    > It was a great day. Cool crisp and relatively calm. I expected a thin crowd at the ride start. I
    > was not disappointed, there were four of us
    > - 3 bents and one DF. Temp started out on my GPS with thermometer at 27 at the start near the
    > bayou. 16 miles later we entered Memorial Park where it usually is a few degrees cooler at the
    > Picnic loop where many cyclists to 1 mile laps. The Picnic loop was deserted. We four were it!!.
    > It was 24° at the picnic loop and four miles later it was 33° downtown in the CBD at around 9AM.
    > At our Brunch stop at La Madeline, in Rice Village coffee was a welcome addition. By then it had
    > warmed up to 44. This was for me 36 miles into the ride and 10:30 AM. By the time I finished my
    > 40 miles things had warmed up to 47.
    >
    > All in all, this was a good riding week for me. In spite of the cold Thursday and Friday, I
    > managed 122 miles for the week. and I am off to a good start for the year.
    >

    > I can't wait 'til next winter!

    > - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > I woke up this AM to 29° temps...

    FWIW, I biked into work this AM in shirtsleeve weather. It was 67°. It may reach 80 today.

    > I can't wait 'til next winter!

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  6. Mark V

    Mark V Guest

    Right now, I would very much welcome 29 degrees. It would seem like a heat wave here in
    Pennsylvania!

    Mark V Frozen for too long.

  7. Dax

    Dax Guest

    "Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<LWqW9.11445 the
    > road is white with it. It raises hell with bike parts.

    - tighten up yer nuts! cold can make bolts shrink... and careful yer rusty brake-cables aren't damp,
    cuz when they freeze yer brakes can vanish ... -29c this AM - say ten+ below farenheit (SW Quebec)
    - indoors kinda day - Ъ×

  8. Current windchill in Toronto is Minus 30 Celsius, no way I am riding today in that. Yesterday one of
    my Power Grip straps cracked in the cold..brrrrrr "Mark V" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Right now, I would very much welcome 29 degrees. It would seem like a heat wave here in
    > Pennsylvania!
    >
    > Mark V Frozen for too long.

  9. Cold enough and yer nuts can vanish, also.

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush

    > "Denny Voorhees" <[email protected]> wrote >> tighten up yer nuts!
    cold can make bolts shrink

  10. TOO LATE! I've already put my order in and will be waiting for my ceremonial robes, from the Temple
    Of Bacchetta! (I've already owned a Vision R 40 and R 45 and the Bacchetta line of bikes, JUST WORK
    and feel better to me) ALL the Bacchetta bikes are REALLY Wonderful and YES, there's a distinct
    difference between the Aero and the GRR Ti. (The Aero's FASTER!) Do I mind that I might look geeky
    on a SWB? NOT WHEN I'M EASILY ROLLING ALONG AT 25+ MPH AND NOT EVEN TRYING!!!

    EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti,Tailwind and SOON B. Aero Pilot)

    "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Here's a very serious warning, EZ.
    >
    > I fully agree that the Aero is an absolutely gorgeous, magnificent bike.
    So
    > is the Corsa. And that John Schlitter, Rich Pinto and Mark Colliton are great people.
    >
    > BUT ... be sure to find a 2002-2003 dual 650c big wheel Vision Sabre R-65 and ride it extensively
    > BEFORE making a final decision to buy a Bacchetta.
    > titanium R-68 would be an even better test but they have not yet been shipped to stores, as far
    > as I know.
    >
    > --
    > Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Well Cletus, I'm getting ready to go and connect with the HARDCORE DF
    > group
    > > I usually ride with and then trudge over to the Bacchetta Rally later
    on.
    > > It's a nice warm... 43 degrees at present, with the wind chill factor of
    > 38
    > > degrees 8 mph wind out of the NNW and 88 % humidity. (One of those moist chills, like Houston
    > > has all the time in Winter) WHY DO WE EXPOSE OUR RECUMBO SELVES TO THESE RIDING CONDITIONS??? EZ
    > > Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti & Tailwind Pilot)
    > > PS: Got to do an early test ride of the B Aero and the B Giro yesterday.
    > Now
    > > I understand why you have so much FUN on your Giro. But am glad I have a fairing to use today,
    > > anyway! :) <Grin>
    > >
    > > "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I woke up this AM to 29° temps. I decided to use the thermometer function on my GPS just to
    > > > get some idea of the temp as I biked. I was concerned that the GPS might not reflect accurate
    > > > temperatures since
    it
    > > > is mounted on the Bacchetta Monotube between my legs.

  11. Al Herman

    Al Herman Guest

    "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Here's a very serious warning, EZ.
    >
    > I fully agree that the Aero is an absolutely gorgeous, magnificent bike. So is the Corsa. And that
    > John Schlitter, Rich Pinto and Mark Colliton are great people.
    >
    > BUT ... be sure to find a 2002-2003 dual 650c big wheel Vision Sabre R-65 and ride it extensively
    > BEFORE making a final decision to buy a Bacchetta. A titanium R-68 would be an even better test
    > but they have not yet been shipped to stores, as far as I know.
    >
    > --
    > Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Well Cletus, I'm getting ready to go and connect with the HARDCORE DF
    > group
    > > I usually ride with and then trudge over to the Bacchetta Rally later on. It's a nice warm... 43
    > > degrees at present, with the wind chill factor of
    > 38
    > > degrees 8 mph wind out of the NNW and 88 % humidity. (One of those moist chills, like Houston
    > > has all the time in Winter) WHY DO WE EXPOSE OUR RECUMBO SELVES TO THESE RIDING CONDITIONS??? EZ
    > > Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti & Tailwind Pilot)
    > > PS: Got to do an early test ride of the B Aero and the B Giro yesterday.
    > Now
    > > I understand why you have so much FUN on your Giro. But am glad I have a fairing to use today,
    > > anyway! :) <Grin>
    > >
    > > "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I woke up this AM to 29° temps. I decided to use the thermometer function on my GPS just to
    > > > get some idea of the temp as I biked. I was concerned that the GPS might not reflect accurate
    > > > temperatures since it is mounted on the Bacchetta Monotube between my legs.

    Folks, A group of us started out from Wycombe, PA at 9AM this morning - 13 degrees - road for 35
    miles, warmed up to maybe 21. The Delaware River at New Hope was mostly frozen. Now that is a
    playing in the cold. Al Herman

  12. NOW THAT'S COLD, AL!!! OK so maybe our little cool snap isn't of major significance, BUT for us THIN
    BLOODED South Floridians, we clearly were freezing out Bu... off! EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl.
    (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

    "Al Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Here's a very serious warning, EZ.
    > >
    > > I fully agree that the Aero is an absolutely gorgeous, magnificent bike.
    So
    > > is the Corsa. And that John Schlitter, Rich Pinto and Mark Colliton are great people.
    > >
    > > BUT ... be sure to find a 2002-2003 dual 650c big wheel Vision Sabre
    R-65
    > > and ride it extensively BEFORE making a final decision to buy a
    Bacchetta. A
    > > titanium R-68 would be an even better test but they have not yet been shipped to stores, as far
    > > as I know.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Well Cletus, I'm getting ready to go and connect with the HARDCORE DF
    > > group
    > > > I usually ride with and then trudge over to the Bacchetta Rally later
    on.
    > > > It's a nice warm... 43 degrees at present, with the wind chill factor
    of
    > > 38
    > > > degrees 8 mph wind out of the NNW and 88 % humidity. (One of those
    moist
    > > > chills, like Houston has all the time in Winter) WHY DO WE EXPOSE OUR RECUMBO SELVES TO THESE
    > > > RIDING CONDITIONS??? EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti & Tailwind Pilot)
    > > > PS: Got to do an early test ride of the B Aero and the B Giro
    yesterday.
    > > Now
    > > > I understand why you have so much FUN on your Giro. But am glad I have
    > > > fairing to use today, anyway! :) <Grin>
    > > >
    > > > "Cletus D. Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    was

    > Folks, A group of us started out from Wycombe, PA at 9AM this morning - 13 degrees - road for 35
    > miles, warmed up to maybe 21. The Delaware River at New Hope was mostly frozen. Now that is a
    > playing in the cold. Al Herman

  13. EZ, It waz kkkkkkold here today 10 deg F when I got up at 6 am. Al rode his CORSA 26 miles to
    check out his prototype headrest, it was in the mid 20's with a 15/20 mile wind. Al is hardcore. I
    saw your Bacchetta worship pic. also there....is the new Velocity Wheelset that I've been selling
    since before Christmas they are light and ride as nice as they look. Did you get an AERO or did
    you order one?

    Inc 1-800-586-6645 "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > NOW THAT'S COLD, AL!!! OK so maybe our little cool snap isn't of major significance, BUT for us
    > THIN BLOODED South Floridians, we clearly were freezing out Bu... off! EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach,
    > Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)
    >

    > "Al Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Here's a very serious warning, EZ.
    > > >
    > > > I fully agree that the Aero is an absolutely gorgeous, magnificent
    bike.
    > So
    > > > is the Corsa. And that John Schlitter, Rich Pinto and Mark Colliton
    are
    > > > great people.
    > > >
    > > > BUT ... be sure to find a 2002-2003 dual 650c big wheel Vision Sabre
    > R-65
    > > > and ride it extensively BEFORE making a final decision to buy a
    > Bacchetta. A
    > > > titanium R-68 would be an even better test but they have not yet been shipped to stores, as
    > > > far as I know.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    DF
    > > > group
    > on.
    > of
    > > > 38
    > moist
    OUR
    > yesterday.
    > > > Now

    > was
    > it
    > > > >

    > > Folks, A group of us started out from Wycombe, PA at 9AM this morning - 13 degrees - road for 35
    > > miles, warmed up to maybe 21. The Delaware River at New Hope was mostly frozen. Now that is a
    > > playing in the cold. Al Herman

  14. EZ, Different AL but possibly there is something abouteople named AL that like cold weather.

    Inc 1-800-586-6645 "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > NOW THAT'S COLD, AL!!! OK so maybe our little cool snap isn't of major significance, BUT for us
    > THIN BLOODED South Floridians, we clearly were freezing out Bu... off! EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach,
    > Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)
    >

    > "Al Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Here's a very serious warning, EZ.
    > > >
    > > > I fully agree that the Aero is an absolutely gorgeous, magnificent
    bike.
    > So
    > > > is the Corsa. And that John Schlitter, Rich Pinto and Mark Colliton
    are
    > > > great people.
    > > >
    > > > BUT ... be sure to find a 2002-2003 dual 650c big wheel Vision Sabre
    > R-65
    > > > and ride it extensively BEFORE making a final decision to buy a
    > Bacchetta. A
    > > > titanium R-68 would be an even better test but they have not yet been shipped to stores, as
    > > > far as I know.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    DF
    > > > group
    > on.
    > of
    > > > 38
    > moist
    OUR
    > yesterday.
    > > > Now

    > was
    > it
    > > > >

    > > Folks, A group of us started out from Wycombe, PA at 9AM this morning - 13 degrees - road for 35
    > > miles, warmed up to maybe 21. The Delaware River at New Hope was mostly frozen. Now that is a
    > > playing in the cold. Al Herman

  15. Jude, I just put my order in for one. The next batch of Aero's won't be available until about April.
    Yea, I got out in the early CHILL yesterday... BUT surprisingly alot of the really HARDCORE
    Hammerheads that show up for the weekend ride were not there! I guess they really do have some
    intelligence when it comes to being out in rough weather! After I get my Aero, I'm gonna look into a
    HED rear disc and front HED 3 spoke rim and a Murray Crank as a few added tweaks. EZ Biker :)
    Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

    "Jude T. McGloin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > EZ, It waz kkkkkkold here today 10 deg F when I got up at 6 am. Al rode
    his
    > CORSA 26 miles to check out his prototype headrest, it was in the mid 20's with a 15/20 mile wind.
    > Al is hardcore. I saw your Bacchetta worship pic. also there....is the new Velocity Wheelset that
    > I've been selling since before Christmas they are light and ride as nice as they look. Did you get
    > an AERO or did you order one?
    >
    > Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and
    > Sports, Inc 1-800-586-6645 "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > NOW THAT'S COLD, AL!!! OK so maybe our little cool snap isn't of major significance, BUT for us
    > > THIN BLOODED South Floridians, we clearly were freezing out Bu... off! EZ Biker :) Pompano
    > > Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta
    Aero
    > > Pilot)
    > >

    > > "Al Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > bike.
    > > So
    > are

    > > R-65
    > > Bacchetta. A

    > DF
    > later
    > > on.
    > factor
    > > of
    > > moist
    > OUR
    > > yesterday.
    > have

    > > was
    > since
    > > it
    > > > > >

    > > > Folks, A group of us started out from Wycombe, PA at 9AM this morning - 13 degrees - road for
    > > > 35 miles, warmed up to maybe 21. The Delaware River at New Hope was mostly frozen. Now that is
    > > > a playing in the cold. Al Herman

  16. EZ, I run the HED/HED3 on mine its a nice combo. I'm currently looking for a very lightweight set of
    spoked wheels. I may also just get a HED3 for the rear. The new AERO's will have, I believe, the
    Sparticus PRO Wheelset an upgrade from the standard Sparticus. I would have loved to get a set of
    571 Rolf Prima Vigors or Elans however the are not making 571s yet. I've got them thinking about
    it.... as does some manufacturers. They are trying to service the 700C/622 users first. I suggest
    that you try to determine which stem and HB you want. There are two versions currently available. I
    use the newer ones that bring the HB closer and are tighter in width at the grip end and also
    shorter at the grips. In February if I get down there you can ride mine with the HEDs. I am 5' 10"
    with a 43/44"X seam and a 30" inseam. I have my seat at a 29 degree recline.

    Inc 1-800-586-6645 "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...
    > Jude, I just put my order in for one. The next batch of Aero's won't be available until about
    > April. Yea, I got out in the early CHILL
    yesterday...
    > BUT surprisingly alot of the really HARDCORE Hammerheads that show up for the weekend ride were
    > not there! I guess they really do have some intelligence when it comes to being out in rough
    > weather! After I get my Aero, I'm gonna look into a HED rear disc and front HED 3 spoke rim and a
    > Murray Crank as a few added tweaks. EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON,
    > Bacchetta Aero Pilot)
    >

    > "Jude T. McGloin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > EZ, It waz kkkkkkold here today 10 deg F when I got up at 6 am. Al rode
    > his
    > > CORSA 26 miles to check out his prototype headrest, it was in the mid
    20's
    > > with a 15/20 mile wind. Al is hardcore. I saw your Bacchetta worship pic. also there....is the
    > > new Velocity Wheelset that I've been selling since before Christmas they are light
    and
    > > ride as nice as they look. Did you get an AERO or did you order one?
    > >
    > > Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and
    > > Sports, Inc 1-800-586-6645 "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > NOW THAT'S COLD, AL!!! OK so maybe our little cool snap isn't of major significance, BUT for
    > > > us THIN BLOODED South Floridians, we clearly
    were
    > > > freezing out Bu... off! EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta
    > Aero
    > > > Pilot)
    > > >

    > > > "Al Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > bike.
    > > > So
    Colliton
    > > are

    Sabre
    > > > R-65
    > > > Bacchetta. A
    > been

    HARDCORE
    > > DF
    > > later
    > > > on.
    > > factor
    > > > of
    > > > moist
    EXPOSE
    > > OUR
    > > > yesterday.
    > > have

    > thermometer
    > > > was
    > > since
    > > > it

  17. ALRIGHT!!! Any early photo of your SWEET LOOKING Aero possible with that setup? I'm looking forward
    to seeing you and at least getting to sit on your Aero! I'm 5.9 so your setup should fit me well.
    I'm also flirting with a Murray crank stem. (Saw it on Pinto's aero and it looks to be a pretty good
    aerodynamic plus, being that it's a flat shaped stem. I'll be in constant contact (Nagging) with the
    Bacchetta people from here on out and will run your suggestions by them. Rich and John did spec me
    out while sitting on John's Aero; so I believe they will get me dialed in, pretty good. EZ Biker :)
> [...]

    > > "Jude T. McGloin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > EZ, It waz kkkkkkold here today 10 deg F when I got up at 6 am. Al
    rode
    > > his
    > > > CORSA 26 miles to check out his prototype headrest, it was in the mid
    > 20's
    > > > with a 15/20 mile wind. Al is hardcore. I saw your Bacchetta worship pic. also there....is
    > > > the new
    Velocity
    > > > Wheelset that I've been selling since before Christmas they are light
    > and
    > > > ride as nice as they look. Did you get an AERO or did you order one?
    > > >
    > > > Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and
    > > > Sports, Inc 1-800-586-6645 "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message

  18. Bg

    Bg Guest

    EZ, Murray crank stem? The mental image I get is of something that Vincent Price (or Jeff Goldblum)
    tried to "transport" ;-) Can you describe it further or have a link to a pic? bill g

    "EZ Biker :)" wrote:

> [...]
    > > Sports, Inc 1-800-586-6645 "EZ Biker :)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:D[email protected]...
    > > > Jude, I just put my order in for one. The next batch of Aero's won't be available until about
    > > > April. Yea, I got out in the early CHILL
    > > yesterday...
    > > > BUT surprisingly alot of the really HARDCORE Hammerheads that show up
    > for
    > > > the weekend ride were not there! I guess they really do have some intelligence when it comes
    > > > to being out in rough weather! After I get my Aero, I'm gonna look into a HED rear disc and
    > > > front HED 3 spoke rim and a Murray Crank as a few added tweaks. EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach,
    > > > Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta
    > Aero
    > > > Pilot)
    > > >

    > > > "Jude T. McGloin" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    real email [email protected]

  19. EZ, Tis a good thing that John fitted you out. I got on of if not the first production model. Rich
    and I conversed on the day it was shipped mostly about the placement of the seat bracket and
    gearing. It's really a delightful ride. I'm very happy with it. I'll have to look into the Murray
    Crankset. There is a crop of aerodynamic carbon forks growing out there with tunnels and slots to
    think about.

    3
    > > > spoke rim and a Murray Crank as a few added tweaks. EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti,
    > > > Tailwind and SOON, Bacchetta
    > Aero
    > > > Pilot)
    > > >

    > > > "Jude T. McGloin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > rode
    > > > his
    > > 20's
    > Velocity
    > > and

    > major
    > > were
    > Bacchetta
    > > > Aero

    > news:<[email protected]>...

    > magnificent
    > > Colliton

    > > Sabre
    > > > been

    > > HARDCORE
    > Rally
    > > those
    > > EXPOSE
    Giro
    > glad

    > > > thermometer
    > > biked.
    > temperatures

    > > 13
    Delaware

  20. Thanks Terry, that's the link. I doubt if that crank will make ME faster; but it sure LOOKS COOL!
    (Although Mr. Pinto was PLENTY FAST WITH IT. EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti, Tailwind and
    SOON, Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

    "Terry Walden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Maybe this link will help.
    >
    > http://www.murraytourdeforce.co.za/cranks.htm
    >

    > "Jude T. McGloin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Bill, I'm confused too...the cold has mucked up my brain. You never know
    > what
    > > Pinto will show up with...after all he is a friend of the mad scientist George. Its not
    > > you...its me...or is it you? Where am I? Is this the Tai Cooking group?
    > >
    > > Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and
    > > Sports, Inc 1-800-586-6645 "a&b" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Jude, EZ, I'm really confused. Crankset...stem. And Murray? These seem incongruous. What
    > > > part is
    this?