I give up, I'm leaving the NG forever!

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by TBR, Jan 22, 2006.

  1. TBR

    TBR Guest

    Ok I give up. You guys are just too smart, too strong, and too
    stubborn to destroy. I'm leaving this NG for good. You'll miss my
    sharp wit, wry humor, and satrirical musings, but hey, life's tough
    all over...

    TBR

    Tags:

  2. David

    David Guest

    "TBR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Ok I give up. You guys are just too smart, too strong, and too
    > stubborn to destroy. I'm leaving this NG for good. You'll miss my
    > sharp wit, wry humor, and satrirical musings, but hey, life's tough
    > all over...
    >
    > TBR

    Can you put it in writing?

  3. TBR

    TBR Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 04:38:09 +1000, "David" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Can you put it in writing?

    For a price.

  4. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    TBR <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Ok I give up. You guys are just too smart, too strong, and too
    >stubborn to destroy. I'm leaving this NG for good. You'll miss my
    >sharp wit, wry humor, and satrirical musings, but hey, life's tough
    >all over...
    >
    >TBR

    Yes, I've always enjoyed the "satrirical" musings the most.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    Curt James <[email protected]> wrote:

    > TBR <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Ok I give up. You guys are just too smart, too strong, and too
    > >stubborn to destroy. I'm leaving this NG for good. You'll miss my
    > >sharp wit, wry humor, and satrirical musings, but hey, life's tough
    > >all over...
    > >
    > >TBR

    > Yes, I've always enjoyed the "satrirical" musings the most.

    I still have any sender with "TBR" kf'd.
    Thanks for letting me see this post. ;-)

    Frankly, I'll believe it when I (no longer) see "it".
    --
    Om.

  6. Dally

    Dally Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,

    > I still have any sender with "TBR" kf'd.

    How do you manage it? What newsreader do you use? I use Netscape
    because I read news at the same time as I read email, and I can swap
    back and forth between which email addresses I'm using. (Tricky stuff,
    but it doesn't do for me to use my work email to post on usenet, n'est
    ce pas?)

    But the filtering stuff sucks in Netscape and "nfilter" won't run on my
    computer (not a 32 bit application?) and so I'm stuck killfiling names
    and subjects. I'd love to be able to killfile on header information.
    Can you do it? With what?

    > Thanks for letting me see this post. ;-)

    Oh, gag me. Just because he managed not to mention anyone's anus for
    four lines of text doesn't mean he's worth reading. In fact, neither is
    anyone who quotes him. I just saw the light, time for you to, too!

    > Frankly, I'll believe it when I (no longer) see "it".

    My hope is not to notice when he left because I no longer see him when
    he's here.

    Dally

  7. TBR

    TBR Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:09:01 -0500, Curt James <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I've always enjoyed the "satrirical" musings the most.

    You misspelled "satirical" Curt.

  8. TBRu

    TBRu Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:26:32 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Frankly, I'll believe it when I (no longer) see "it".

    Daddy raper.

  9. In article <[email protected]>, Dally <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > > In article <[email protected]>,

    > > I still have any sender with "TBR" kf'd.

    > How do you manage it? What newsreader do you use? I use Netscape
    > because I read news at the same time as I read email, and I can swap
    > back and forth between which email addresses I'm using. (Tricky stuff,
    > but it doesn't do for me to use my work email to post on usenet, n'est
    > ce pas?)

    MT Newswatcher.
    It's a mac program.

    I can set up killfiles by sender/author.

    Kill if sender contains the word TBR.

    QED. ;-)

    > But the filtering stuff sucks in Netscape and "nfilter" won't run on my
    > computer (not a 32 bit application?) and so I'm stuck killfiling names
    > and subjects. I'd love to be able to killfile on header information.
    > Can you do it? With what?

    MT Newswatcher. Do you have a mac?
    It's a free download and a great program.

    > > Thanks for letting me see this post. ;-)

    > Oh, gag me. Just because he managed not to mention anyone's anus for
    > four lines of text doesn't mean he's worth reading. In fact, neither is
    > anyone who quotes him. I just saw the light, time for you to, too!

    Just teasing you dear!

    > > Frankly, I'll believe it when I (no longer) see "it".

    > My hope is not to notice when he left because I no longer see him when
    > he's here.
    >
    > Dally

    One can only hope.
    I've not even been posting much lately. Nothing much worth responding to.

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.