I got a feeling I know who Italiano is

thunder

Jan 8, 2006
Crankyfeet, I know who Italiano is I think.

You would never pick him on the DPforums, his "personality" there is opposite of what it is here.

This is if I am correct.

The spelling of a certain riders name may have alerted me.

If he is who I think he is, he has sent me an email to my hotmail address previously, from his true identity. So Italiano, you will know if I now know. :D

Man, so different on CF than on DPf. Like a lawyer who is a stripper at night, we don't have any of them masquerading do we C'dale :rolleyes:

No... Italiano has personally told me that he is only a four year lurker on DPF and has never posted there... :rolleyes:

thunder said:

You would never pick him on the DPforums, his "personality" there is opposite of what it is here.

This is if I am correct.

If it's the same name that stood out for me, Thunder, the letters are quite close on the keyboard, so it could be accidental (and coincidence), although the DPF poster in question has made the same mistake in two different threads.

Drongo said:
If it's the same name that stood out for me, Thunder, 'h' is quite close to the 'n' on the keyboard, so it could be accidental (and coincidence), although the DPF poster in question has made the same mistake in two different threads.
yep. I already qualified the "h""n" theory to Crankyfeet.

I googled it also, to see the occurrence.

About 30 hits, most or all attributed to the rider.

So, only a minute occurrence of either misspell/mishear/mistype.

thunder said:
yep. I already qualified the "h""n" theory to Crankyfeet.

I googled it also, to see the occurrence.

About 30 hits, most or all attributed to the rider.

So, only a minute occurence of either misspell/mishear/mistype.
It is also a little like Salvodelli/Savoldelli.

If you see a spelling of Salvodelli you know it is Smug, even after he is being told one million times. But you do know that is so common that it could be a million other folk.

But the Salvodelli misspelling is MORE common than the correct spelling. :D

thunder said:
It is also a little like Salvodelli/Savoldelli.

If you see a spelling of Salvodelli you know it is Smug, even after he is being told one million times. But you do know that is so common that it could be a million other folk.

But the Salvodelli misspelling is MORE common than the correct spelling. :D
Phil bloody Liggett gets that one wrong, so no wonder so many others do.

I think you may have him correctly pinned. Doesn't that DPF guy speak a few languages and is from Europe and lived in the States? The spelling/mispelling is a good clue. I also see a DPF post where he says Italian is a pretty language. There is also a common characteristic use of the "=" sign.

Crankyfeet said:
I think you may have him correctly pinned. Doesn't that DPF guy speak a few languages and is from Europe and lived in the States? The spelling/mispelling is a good clue. I also see a DPF post where he says "Italian is beautiful and mysterious at times". There is also a common characteristic use of the "=" sign.
yep. He speaks more than a few languages. I don't think pidgin English was one of them:D

Italiano, it was fun whilst we did not know you, now we know you, we can be a little smug we are one up on you :D

and to think you went against Lim's polite orders :D imagine what would happen at DPf if you did the same thing!:D

thunder said:
Italiano, it was fun whilst we did not know you, now we know you, we can be a little smug we are one up on you :D

and to think you went against Lim's polite orders :D imagine what would happen at DPf if you did the same thing!:D

Logic would say that you'd be moderated.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If it's who I think you're aiming at.

Runitout said:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If it's who I think you're aiming at.
YES!

It's...

its...

ITS VAUGHN! :D

thunder said:

This is if I am correct.

If he is who I think he is, he has sent me an email to my hotmail address previously, from his true identity. So Italiano, you will know if I now know. :D

Man, so different on CF than on DPf. Like a lawyer who is a stripper at night, we don't have any of them masquerading do we C'dale :rolleyes:
First of all, your analogy fails hotdog, seeing as how I don't moonlight. :rolleyes:

Second of all, since italiano is so quick to claim my analytical skills suck, I'll take this opportunity to point out that the person you are thinking of was the FIRST person I thought of, way back when he first started speaking pidgin italian/english here. I shared that theory with a couple of people back then and they shot it down at the time. ;)

(and no Edie, it ain't Vaughn).

Crankyfeet said:
I think you may have him correctly pinned. Doesn't that DPF guy speak a few languages and is from Europe and lived in the States? The spelling/mispelling is a good clue. I also see a DPF post where he says Italian is a pretty language. There is also a common characteristic use of the "=" sign.
Forensic linguistics. ;)

Runitout said:
Nah, the moderators don't moderate themselves, do they? Instead, they just make the general members' posts mysteriously disappear without any notice or explanation, whenever they feel like it.

I really shouldn't generalize and say "they" though. There are several good people that are or have been mods over there, and those people do/did a good job.

well I'm clueless. of course I never really paid attention to posters or posting style at DPF, because the hypocrisy turned me off completely, especially when hidden behind a high horse of ethical protection of riders... yeah right.

earth_dweller said:
well I'm clueless. of course I never really paid attention to posters or posting style at DPF, because the hypocrisy turned me off completely, especially when hidden behind a high horse of ethical protection of riders... yeah right.
The only thing being protected at DPF is Vaughn's fantasy view of cycling and the world in general (which includes his own delusional assesment of himself).

Goodbye fraud hypocrite living lie here to protect his other forum BS/fake reputation....