I got a new bike! Soon to be an SS commuter

Gman

Guest
OK, before you start, I know this isn't alt.roadie.scum, but I'm psyched about my classic steel
Panasonic roadie (soon to be) commuter with full campy.

A friend cleaning out the garage gave it to me! It's got some near horiz drops too, perfect for SS
conversion.

I will need to do something about the sew-up rims/tires, new post/saddle, rip all that unnecessary
gear **** off there and sell that on Ebay. I'll be cookin' with gas!

It's exactly what I was looking for for an SS commuter. Got a nice retro look to it.

Any hints on a good commuter gearing??? Corvus? Pretty flat commute, but I wouldn't mind having the
capability to ride some mild hills if necessary.

Gman <[email protected]> wrote

> Any hints on a good commuter gearing??? Corvus?

Go big! My easy gear on the cross bike is 49x20, and the 49x18 fixed is really very comfortable. 2:1
is an off-road gear. Go big and find enlightenment.

CC

On 28 Jan 2003 05:26:13 GMT, Gman <[email protected]> wrote:

>OK, before you start, I know this isn't alt.roadie.scum, but I'm psyched about my classic steel
>Panasonic roadie (soon to be) commuter with full campy.

>A friend cleaning out the garage gave it to me! It's got some near horiz drops too, perfect for SS
>conversion.
>
>I will need to do something about the sew-up rims/tires, new post/saddle, rip all that unnecessary
>gear **** off there and sell that on Ebay. I'll be cookin' with gas!
>
>It's exactly what I was looking for for an SS commuter. Got a nice retro look to it.
>
>Any hints on a good commuter gearing??? Corvus? Pretty flat commute, but I wouldn't mind having the
>capability to ride some mild hills if necessary.

Nice, have fun on your new one.

:-]