I got a new Manitou!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ride-A-Lot, Mar 26, 2005.

  1. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Tags:

  2. Scott

    Scott Guest

  3. On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:42:18 -0500, Ride-A-Lot <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    ..
    ..http://www.schnauzers.ws/mank.jpg
    ..
    ..It compliments the mtb very well (good for upper body strength).

    We are all, like, SOOO impressed, dude.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  4. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Mike Vandeman wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:42:18 -0500, Ride-A-Lot <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > .
    > .http://www.schnauzers.ws/mank.jpg
    > .
    > .It compliments the mtb very well (good for upper body strength).
    >
    > We are all, like, SOOO impressed, dude.
    > ===
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    You couldn't come up with anything new? You said that to Jerry five
    minutes ago. Now go back in the bathroom with your magazines.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  5. Slack

    Slack Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > Mike Vandeman wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:42:18 -0500, Ride-A-Lot
    >> <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> .
    >> .http://www.schnauzers.ws/mank.jpg
    >> .
    >> .It compliments the mtb very well (good for upper body strength).
    >>
    >> We are all, like, SOOO impressed, dude.
    >> ===
    >> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
    >> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 years
    >> fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >>
    >> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

    > You couldn't come up with anything new? You said that to Jerry five
    > minutes ago. Now go back in the bathroom with your magazines.

    Yippee, I finally got a filter again :)
    --
    Slack

  6. Where you paddling at Delaware River, or the other 2
    rivers in the Delaware Valley? Or maybe just Pennypack Creek. You Could
    take your bike along.

  7. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Where you paddling at Delaware River, or the other 2
    > rivers in the Delaware Valley? Or maybe just Pennypack Creek. You Could
    > take your bike along.

    I'll be paddling everywhere there is a bike trail. That's the plan. So
    all the ones you have mentioned plus Marlton Lakes, Brandywine in
    Deleware, Jim Thorpe, Blue Marsh, yada, yada, yada. Ya know, it's
    interesting that just about every bike trail in the area has a place for
    kayaking.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  8. Small Change

    Small Change Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> Where you paddling at Delaware River, or the
    >> other 2 rivers in the Delaware Valley? Or maybe just Pennypack
    >> Creek. You Could take your bike along.
    >>

    > I'll be paddling everywhere there is a bike trail. That's the plan. So
    > all the ones you have mentioned plus Marlton Lakes, Brandywine in
    > Deleware, Jim Thorpe, Blue Marsh, yada, yada, yada. Ya know, it's
    > interesting that just about every bike trail in the area has a place
    > for kayaking.

    Mitch, I'd say bring the kayak with you out to Idaho the Whitewater State
    but it's going to be too dry I think.
    You did know that whitewater is Mr.Adventure primary passion ( after me, of
    course <g>) We were going to bring our cats and our paddle raft in addition
    to the bikes, but I don't know now.

    http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/boating/boating.asp

    penny

  9. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Small Change wrote:
    > Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >
    >>[email protected] wrote:
    >>
    >>> Where you paddling at Delaware River, or the
    >>>other 2 rivers in the Delaware Valley? Or maybe just Pennypack
    >>>Creek. You Could take your bike along.
    >>>

    >>I'll be paddling everywhere there is a bike trail. That's the plan. So
    >>all the ones you have mentioned plus Marlton Lakes, Brandywine in
    >>Deleware, Jim Thorpe, Blue Marsh, yada, yada, yada. Ya know, it's
    >>interesting that just about every bike trail in the area has a place
    >> for kayaking.

    > Mitch, I'd say bring the kayak with you out to Idaho the Whitewater State
    > but it's going to be too dry I think.
    > You did know that whitewater is Mr.Adventure primary passion ( after me, of
    > course <g>) We were going to bring our cats and our paddle raft in addition
    > to the bikes, but I don't know now.
    >
    > http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/boating/boating.asp
    >
    > penny

    I'd love too, but I have two problems:

    1. I don't think they'll let me bring it on the plane and shipping
    would be expensive.

    2. Given my experience with kayaks (as in none), rapids are a long way
    off for me. Hey, maybe Mr. Adventure can give me some pointers if we
    meet up in August. Around here, we have class 1, 2 and sometimes 3
    (depending on dam releases). You have to go much further south to get
    anything more than that. Judging from your awesome pictures, I would
    certainly be coming home in a body bag (if they found me).

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  10. On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:31:54 -0500, Ride-A-Lot <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    ..Mike Vandeman wrote:
    ..> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:42:18 -0500, Ride-A-Lot <[email protected]>
    ..> wrote:
    ..>
    ..> .
    ..> .http://www.schnauzers.ws/mank.jpg
    ..> .
    ..> .It compliments the mtb very well (good for upper body strength).
    ..>
    ..> We are all, like, SOOO impressed, dude.
    ..> ===
    ..> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
    ..> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
    ..> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    ..>
    ..> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
    ..
    ..
    ..You couldn't come up with anything new? You said that to Jerry five
    ..minutes ago. Now go back in the bathroom with your magazines.

    Can you send me some new ones? These ones are all stained.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  11. On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:57:11 -0800, "Rod" <[email protected]> wrote:

    ..
    .."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    ..news:eek:[email protected]
    ..> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:42:18 -0500, Ride-A-Lot
    ..> <[email protected]>
    ..> wrote:
    ..>
    ..> .
    ..> .http://www.schnauzers.ws/mank.jpg
    ..> .
    ..> .It compliments the mtb very well (good for upper body strength).
    ..>
    ..> We are all, like, SOOO impressed, dude.
    ..> ===
    ..> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
    ..> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
    ..> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    ..>
    ..> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
    ..
    ..
    ..Hey stupid, stop reading posts. I just saw a leaf fall of a tree. It's
    ..about to land on an ant. You had better catch it. Hahaha, you stupid
    ..cockhead

    You guys are SOOO macho. Ooooh.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  12. Small Change

    Small Change Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > Small Change wrote:
    >> Ride-A-Lot wrote:

    >>> I'll be paddling everywhere there is a bike trail. That's the
    >>> plan. So all the ones you have mentioned plus Marlton Lakes,
    >>> Brandywine in Deleware, Jim Thorpe, Blue Marsh, yada, yada, yada. Ya
    >>> know, it's interesting that just about every bike trail in the
    >>> area has a place for kayaking.

    >> Mitch, I'd say bring the kayak with you out to Idaho the Whitewater
    >> State but it's going to be too dry I think.
    >> You did know that whitewater is Mr.Adventure primary passion ( after
    >> me, of course <g>) We were going to bring our cats and our paddle
    >> raft in addition to the bikes, but I don't know now.
    >>
    >> http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/boating/boating.asp
    >>
    >> penny
    >>

    > I'd love too, but I have two problems:
    >
    > 1. I don't think they'll let me bring it on the plane and shipping
    > would be expensive.
    >
    > 2. Given my experience with kayaks (as in none), rapids are a long
    > way off for me. Hey, maybe Mr. Adventure can give me some pointers
    > if we meet up in August. Around here, we have class 1, 2 and
    > sometimes 3 (depending on dam releases). You have to go much further
    > south to get anything more than that. Judging from your awesome
    > pictures, I would certainly be coming home in a body bag (if they
    > found me).

    I was looking forward to a paddle crew composed of amb-bikers for our "off"
    day.

  13. Rod

    Rod Guest

    news:eek:[email protected]