i got another questions about calroie biking and what not

anderbike

Apr 1, 2005
this forum articles say its about 40 cals per mile one burns while cycling and then a load of runners say its about 4 miles cycling equals 1 miles running.

i am trying to negotiate my loss day to day in order to replentish accoridingly, which one seems correct?

theres no way for a 26-30 mile ride that takes me 1 hour 45 minutes i am burning 2,000 cals

well i dont know???....but the calculator seems to match up with all my cardio equipment pretty close.
:confused:

Oh and take note this will just be a close guess...because this calculator does not take into consideration hear rate!!!....but may give you a general idea

Instead of trying to figure out calorie consumption through formulas why don;t you track your weight on a certain type of caloric input diet for a couple of weeks and see what happens - in that span of time you will see if you are in a calories deficit or not through weight fluctuations.

anderbike said:
theres no way for a 26-30 mile ride that takes me 1 hour 45 minutes i am burning 2,000 cals
Why not? I rode 2 1/2 hours saturday, swam 1/2 mile sun - ate exactly the same amount as the preveious two days with no exercise and lost two pounds.
and it said I burned something like 3,000 cal just for the bike ride.

Baldmtn said:
Why not? I rode 2 1/2 hours saturday, swam 1/2 mile sun - ate exactly the same amount as the preveious two days with no exercise and lost two pounds.
and it said I burned something like 3,000 cal just for the bike ride.

a half mile of swimming is about 850 yards. that is a warm up. 2 pounds in two days is water weight, come on now

PowerfullPete said:
Instead of trying to figure out calorie consumption through formulas why don;t you track your weight on a certain type of caloric input diet for a couple of weeks and see what happens

anderbike said:
a half mile of swimming is about 850 yards. that is a warm up. 2 pounds in two days is water weight, come on now

I'm getting into the whole graphing thing now and it's absolutely fascinating, I hope I can stick to this and really regret not starting sooner.
Keeping a picture in mind and wanting to sustain a trend is very motivational.
To date I've been very scared of eating more r.e. not wanting to gain fat. This way I will know for sure.

The level of noise in weight is scary. Carbohydrate level is in there too right, and carb-loading binds more water ?

I'd be curious to hear from any one else that's done this, what info do you record, how usefull is it; maybe i should start another thread but it seems a relevant question to this one.