i got me a new ride...

IEatRice4Dinner

New Member
Jul 19, 2004
2004 jamis comet
2004_COMET.jpg

ultegra everything except crank and bb. it had the truvativ crank. altho i already upgraded it b4 i really even road it. I put the FSA carbon pro team crank on it with a FSA bottom bracket.

it's my first road bike (well i do have a mid 80's Nashiki) i am very pleased with it. havent road as much as id like because of school and work and what not but im very happy with it.

anyone own a Jamis before? anything to look out for?
also im selling the old crank on ebay which is basicly unused lol
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3697031251&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

IEatRice4Dinner wrote:
> 2004 jamis comet [image:
> http://www.jamisbikes.com/bikes/images/04_enlarged/2004_COMET.jpg]
>
> ultegra everything except crank and bb. it had the truvativ crank.
> altho i already upgraded it b4 i really even road it. I put the FSA
> carbon pro team crank on it with a FSA bottom bracket.
>
> it's my first road bike (well i do have a mid 80's Nashiki) i am very
> pleased with it. havent road as much as id like because of school and
> work and what not but im very happy with it.

Congrats on yer new bike. May your joy in it never diminish.

> anyone own a Jamis before?

Luigi's got an Aurora, I believe, but he's not around a whole lot.

OH LUIGI!!!!! :-D

-km

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie

the black rose wrote:

>> anyone own a Jamis before?

> Luigi's got an Aurora, I believe, but he's not around a whole lot.
>
> OH LUIGI!!!!! :-D

You rang?

Google my name and Jamis, and you see me gushing about my Aurora. I love it
to bits. EXCEPT:

the rear hub seems to saw spokes. It can't just be my weight: I'm popping
spokes entirely too often for that. One of the spokeholes seems to have
keyholed, and that's cutting spokes off right at the head.

The comet is a nice ride. There's one, and a Satellite, at my local shop
that I always look at when I'm down there. Maybe when I cease being the
One-Man-Tandem (weightwise) I will get one.

-Luigi

--
www.livejournal.com/users/ouij
Photos, Rants, Raves

"IEatRice4Dinner" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> 2004 jamis comet [image:
> http://www.jamisbikes.com/bikes/images/04_enlarged/2004_COMET.jpg]
>
> ultegra everything except crank and bb. it had the truvativ crank.
> altho i already upgraded it b4 i really even road it. I put the FSA
> carbon pro team crank on it with a FSA bottom bracket.
>
> it's my first road bike (well i do have a mid 80's Nashiki) i am very
> pleased with it. havent road as much as id like because of school and
> work and what not but im very happy with it.
>
> anyone own a Jamis before? anything to look out for?
> also im selling the old crank on ebay which is basicly unused lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3697031251&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

> --
> IEatRice4Dinner

Enjoy the new bike! I have a Jamis but it's a hybrid. My road bike is a
Trek.

I like the Jamis hybrid enough though I don't ride if much anymore. It's
been a good bike and I haven't had any problems or complaints about it.

Beverly