I gotta brand new bag!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Cletus Lee, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    Arkel is introducing a new Recumbent specific pannier set. And my will be shipped soon.

    Not yet listed on the web site http://www.arkel-od.com

    Serge Vigeant sent me some photos and gave permission to share.

    http://www.clee.org/Cycling/images/Arkel/RT60_burgundy_1S1.jpg
    http://www.clee.org/Cycling/images/Arkel/RT60_burgundy_2S1.jpg

    The production bags have a total capacity of 60L and are 12" High and approximately 21" long. They
    are being sold for $299CDN ($239USD)

    Stay tuned.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

    Tags:

  2. Steve Fox

    Steve Fox Guest

    "Recumbent specific." Specific to which recumbent(s)? :)

    Thanks!

    --
    Steve Fox McKinleyville, CA http://SoTier2003.crazyguyonabike.com

    O \ _____,%) (*)-'------------(*)

    > "Recumbent specific." Specific to which recumbent(s)? :)

    I suppose _all_ since the longest dimension is the length as opposed to the height in a DF pannier.
    It is short enough to fit easily on an underseat rack and the front edge is angled to conform to the
    seat back of a recumbent. A traditional pannier has the leading edge trailing away to provide ample
    heel clearance on a DF.

    > Cletus Lee wrote:
    >
    > >Arkel is introducing a new Recumbent specific pannier set. And my will be shipped soon.
    > >
    > >Not yet listed on the web site http://www.arkel-od.com
    > >
    > >Serge Vigeant sent me some photos and gave permission to share.
    > >
    > >http://www.clee.org/Cycling/images/Arkel/RT60_burgundy_1S1.jpg
    > >http://www.clee.org/Cycling/images/Arkel/RT60_burgundy_2S1.jpg
    > >
    > >The production bags have a total capacity of 60L and are 12" High and approximately 21" long.
    > >They are being sold for $299CDN ($239USD)
    > >
    > >Stay tuned.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  4. I just had a custom rack for a suspended Optima Rider put on in my LBS,and the Aviner (sp) pannier
    fit perfectly. So I guess some are made so well that people think of them as 'recumbent specific'.
    Makes sense: quality...recumbent. Recumbent...quality.

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz,CA.

    Steve Fox <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Recumbent specific." Specific to which recumbent(s)? :)> Thanks!
    >
    > Cletus Lee wrote:
    >
    > >Arkel is introducing a new Recumbent specific pannier set. And my will be shipped soon.

  5. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    SWEET BAGS!

    I have seen other bags made by Arkel. They are the best panniers for the money, IMHO.

  6. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    Speaking of bags, has anyone used a Radical Universal bag on a RANS seat? How well does it fit/work?

    BTW the Arkel looks like the same set that were pictured in the BROL Interbike report last fall.

    I think Greenspeed was the instigator, but GS didn't want something exclusive because it would then
    be more expensive. But you _may_ find that they work best on a GS trike. ;-)

    johnriley1 (at) rogers (dot) com