I gotta brand new bag!

Cletus Lee

Guest
Arkel is introducing a new Recumbent specific pannier set. And my will be shipped soon.

Not yet listed on the web site http://www.arkel-od.com

Serge Vigeant sent me some photos and gave permission to share.

http://www.clee.org/Cycling/images/Arkel/RT60_burgundy_1S1.jpg
http://www.clee.org/Cycling/images/Arkel/RT60_burgundy_2S1.jpg

The production bags have a total capacity of 60L and are 12" High and approximately 21" long. They
are being sold for $299CDN ($239USD)

Stay tuned.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

"Recumbent specific." Specific to which recumbent(s)? :)

Thanks!

--
Steve Fox McKinleyville, CA http://SoTier2003.crazyguyonabike.com

O \ _____,%) (*)-'------------(*)

In article <CpXRb.6983$QJ3.539@fed1read04>, [email protected] says...
> "Recumbent specific." Specific to which recumbent(s)? :)

I suppose _all_ since the longest dimension is the length as opposed to the height in a DF pannier.
It is short enough to fit easily on an underseat rack and the front edge is angled to conform to the
seat back of a recumbent. A traditional pannier has the leading edge trailing away to provide ample
heel clearance on a DF.

> Cletus Lee wrote:
>
> >Arkel is introducing a new Recumbent specific pannier set. And my will be shipped soon.
> >
> >Not yet listed on the web site http://www.arkel-od.com
> >
> >Serge Vigeant sent me some photos and gave permission to share.
> >
> >http://www.clee.org/Cycling/images/Arkel/RT60_burgundy_1S1.jpg
> >http://www.clee.org/Cycling/images/Arkel/RT60_burgundy_2S1.jpg
> >
> >The production bags have a total capacity of 60L and are 12" High and approximately 21" long.
> >They are being sold for $299CDN ($239USD)
> >
> >Stay tuned.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

I just had a custom rack for a suspended Optima Rider put on in my LBS,and the Aviner (sp) pannier
fit perfectly. So I guess some are made so well that people think of them as 'recumbent specific'.
Makes sense: quality...recumbent. Recumbent...quality.

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz,CA.

Steve Fox <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<CpXRb.6983$QJ3.539@fed1read04>...
> "Recumbent specific." Specific to which recumbent(s)? :)> Thanks!
>
> Cletus Lee wrote:
>
> >Arkel is introducing a new Recumbent specific pannier set. And my will be shipped soon.

SWEET BAGS!

I have seen other bags made by Arkel. They are the best panniers for the money, IMHO.

Speaking of bags, has anyone used a Radical Universal bag on a RANS seat? How well does it fit/work?

BTW the Arkel looks like the same set that were pictured in the BROL Interbike report last fall.

I think Greenspeed was the instigator, but GS didn't want something exclusive because it would then
be more expensive. But you _may_ find that they work best on a GS trike. ;-)

johnriley1 (at) rogers (dot) com