I gotta different workout plan this year!

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004
I gotta different workout plan this year! Guys, you all know me as a road biker here, and a failed one too! Despite doing 3018 miles one year, I still ended up last place at the entry level Downer's Grove Criterium Race! With such a failure, I realized even the best gear wouldn't be too much of use to me!

Fast? Only 32.9 mph Max Top Speed Sprint Flat ground no wind, happened 1st year of my workouts!

So I'm tired of whole afternoon workouts at Lake Shore Drive doing 30 to 56 mile bike rides! This year I'm experimenting with controlling my weight and body fat through weightlifting in order to do strength moves on a bmx bike! And I'm gonna get strength, balance, and "reflex" workouts doing COOL BMX FLATLAND FREESTYLE TRICKS! That's the beauty of bmx freestyle! Don't think of it as just a "kid sport," as it will be in the next Olympics too!

YEAH! You guys never knew, but before I was a road biker I was a major Flatland Freestyle Fanatic of the 80's! It was my sport in high school! I think those cool bmx freestyle tricks are the hardest and most challenging things to do! Now, I'm a born again Freestyler! But truthfully, I SUCK RIGHT NOW! I can hardly pull off the tricks I used to do, and I gotta PRACTICE! So this is gonna be my fun workouts this year! But I'll occasionally give LSD a good long distance road bike workout!

Whaddaya think?

I wanna get major air on a bunnyhop this year! Maybe even a 5 footer if possible! But you can only do this on an ultralightweight BMX Bike! It's my dream this year to build an Ultraleightweight Ultrabadass bmx freestyle bike! I'll show it off in a pic thread to entertain you guys!

JTE83 said:
Whaddaya think?

I think that question pretty much says it all: you're vain, self-absorbed, and an attention *****. I think it's no wonder you can't find a girlfriend or likely other friends: who the hell would want to listen to you drone on about yourself and how cool you think you are?

Pathetic.

I never understood people older than sixteen doing BMX. I just don't get it.

Placing last in your first crit means your training probably sucks. In fact getting killed in your first race is pretty much normal. You should try adjust your training before giving up.

Aside from that, Alienator nailed it.

Bro Deal said:

Placing last in your first crit means your training probably sucks. In fact getting killed in your first race is pretty much normal. You should try adjust your training before giving up.

Aside from that, Alienator nailed it.
there is no doubt i don't like such person

Bro Deal said:
I just love to ride. Road, track, MTB and sometimes when the mood hits me I'll roll down to the local skate park early in the morning and kick around on a BMX for an hour or so before the crowds roll in. Whatever floats your boat.

Right now I'm pretty obsessed with track, and if you'd asked me 5 years ago about riding track, I'd have said you'd be nuts, how can riding round and round in circles be interesting. Go figure.

alienator said:
I think that question pretty much says it all: you're vain, self-absorbed, and an attention *****. I think it's no wonder you can't find a girlfriend or likely other friends: who the hell would want to listen to you drone on about yourself and how cool you think you are?

Pathetic.

Mind reader!