"I gotta job, I'm gonna pay 'da rent"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paladin wrote:
> ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>Just got a call from my "first choice" P.D. Not only have they made me a firm offer, but they
>>pushed my start date up. Instead of waiting till November 3rd, I'll be starting the Academy's July
>>29th class!!!!!!!
>
>
> Congratulations! So when do you take all of us out for donuts??

Krispy Creme's

> Some friendly unsolicited advice, fwiw: remember, the world is not divided into cops and dirtbags;
> try to cultivate and maintain friends outside the department; don't take the inevitable
> frustrations out on your wife, kids, dog, etc. (That big heavy bag will come in handy again.)

"It's what I do, not who I am"

> What will you carry?

Sig-Sauer .40 (with L.E.O. Spec Black Talons)

> Back in my day, it was definitely the Colt Python either on the hip or in a shoulder holster.

My dad is giving me his Colt 44 Anaconda as a "back-up weapon". I don't have the heart to tell him
it's too damed long to cary and draw quickly. I'll proably carry my S&W .40 4013-TSW (with L.E.O.
Spec Black Talons) unless I can find a snub-nose Colt .44 Magnum w/a bobbed hammer.

> We celebrate with you

No celebrating till Monday <grrr>

--
John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

"ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>
> Paladin wrote:
> > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >
>
>
>
> > What will you carry?
>
> Sig-Sauer .40 (with L.E.O. Spec Black Talons)
>
>
> > Back in my day, it was definitely the Colt Python either on the hip or in a shoulder holster.
>
>
> My dad is giving me his Colt 44 Anaconda as a "back-up weapon". I don't have the heart to tell him
> it's too damed long to cary and draw quickly. I'll proably carry my S&W .40 4013-TSW (with L.E.O.
> Spec Black Talons) unless I can find a snub-nose Colt .44 Magnum w/a bobbed hammer.
>
>
>
> > We celebrate with you
>
> No celebrating till Monday <grrr>
>
> --
> John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

I have a friend on the State Police that carries the Sig .40, loves it. I just picked up a S&W Mod
40 Bodyguard .38 for carry purposes, it'd make a really nice backup piece. Any of the Air-Lite
series would, lots of configurations with no/shaved hammer.

J To bad it's in TN, I'd be interested in joining the bike force...

ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
>
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>>Where are you going to relocate to?
>
> Shelby County Tennesee, The BBQ Capitol of the world AND I'll be staying < 1 mile, (2 BY
> SINGLETRACK ;-) from a Tops BBQ (Arguably sone of the best "fast food" BBQ in the City)

Oh good lord. That's just *way* too close to Mississippi for my comfort.

Good luck, maybe next time I need to drive to Corinth, MS, I'll give you 'a holler'.

--
J'm

To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes. ...-.-

[email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> John G says:
>
> >Just got a call from my "first choice" P.D. Not only have they made me a firm offer, but they
> >pushed my start date up. Instead of waiting till November 3rd, I'll be starting the Academy's
> >July 29th class!!!!!!!
>
> WooHoo! So what kind of an accent to you have to (re)learn this year?

Obviously a George Thoroughgood accent.

"One bourbon, one scotch, one beer...."

Spider

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:11:25 -0400, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just got a call from my "first choice" P.D. Not only have they made me a firm offer, but they
>pushed my start date up. Instead of waiting till November 3rd, I'll be starting the Academy's July
>29th class!!!!!!!

BIGASSCONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

"ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>
> Shaun Rimmer wrote:
>
> >>>Where are you going to relocate to?
>
> Shelby County Tennesee, The BBQ Capitol of the world AND I'll be staying < 1 mile, (2 BY
> SINGLETRACK ;-) from a Tops BBQ (Arguably sone of the best "fast food" BBQ in the City)
>
>
> --
> John "Mmmm, Memphis BBQ" G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm
>

Hmmm, thought everyone new the BBQ capital was HERE, in central North Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.