I Hate Clothes

AndyP wrote:

> Someone told me recently that Buddhist monks can stay warm sitting naked in snow by meditation and
> breathing exercises. Apparently trainee monks have some competition to see how many tea towels
> they can dry out draped over their body whilst doing so...or something like that. Must learn how
> to do that, think how much weight you could save backpacking.

Yeah, but what about wind chill?

Paul
--
Calendars for 2004
http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/cal/cal.html

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:41:19 -0000, "Craven Birds" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Phil Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On 24 Jan 2004 18:22:14 -0600, job donjon wrote:
>>
>> >Keswick and Cockermouth today had distinct reminders of Kathmandu........most walkery-type folk
>> >had more gear than George Fisher!
>>
>> Must have been "serious walkers" :)
>
>What makes a serious walker then?

You can tell a serious walker by the smiles they leave behind in George Fisher.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Paul Saunders" <[email protected]> writes:
> Nick Kew wrote:
>
>> Sounds right to me, at least before I went to Italy and got my metabolism screwed up:-(
>
> How did that happen?

Lack of anywhere half-decent I could get to walking or cycling without a very nasty road journey.
Much more air pollution than here (due somewhat to a climate that doesn't dissipate it like ours).
Consequence: too little exercise and body shutting down:-(

--
Nick Kew