I hate my bike

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hawkmoon, Apr 18, 2006.

  1. Hawkmoon

    Hawkmoon Guest

    Went for a lovely ride on Good Friday.....got caught in the rain
    coming back....bike slipped in the wet....fell...now I have a broken
    collar bone.....

    I hate my my bike.....

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    want the bike's fault. hate the road. :D that's what broke your bone :rolleyes:

    chin up. you'll enjoy/appreciate it more when you get back in the saddle...

  3. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    mate... hope it heals real quick! you never know you could be the next Cadel Evans, he does it all the time!

  4. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-19, MikeyOz (aka Bruce)

    > Hawkmoon Wrote:
    >> Went for a lovely ride on Good Friday.....got caught in the rain
    >> coming back....bike slipped in the wet....fell...now I have a broken
    >> collar bone.....
    >>
    >> I hate my my bike.....

    > mate... hope it heals real quick! you never know you could be the next
    > Cadel Evans, he does it all the time!

    And if keep practicing crashing really hard, you could be the next
    Rasmussen, and just keep on getting back on that bike.

    --
    TimC
    You're trying to trick me into being intelligent. It won't work.

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    ...or the next TimC-vII ?

  6. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-19, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

    > TimC Wrote:
    >>
    >> And if keep practicing crashing really hard, you could be the next
    >> Rasmussen, and just keep on getting back on that bike.

    > ..or the next TimC-vII ?

    He takes a little bit longer to get back onto the bike each time.

    Also, we're meant to be *encouraging* Hawkmoon. Rasmussen makes money
    for each appearance he does, whether he falls off or not. TimC
    doesn't.

    --
    TimC
    "Eppur si muove!" (And yet it does move!)

  7. Marx SS

    Marx SS New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2004
    you would think spite would be towards rain, or maybe that combo of rain/road/bike.

    Hating a bike because of an accident is like hating your runners when you've twisted your ankle.

    At the end of the day it all comes down to user error.

  8. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    Marx SS wrote:
    > you would think spite would be towards rain, or maybe that combo of
    > rain/road/bike.
    >
    > Hating a bike because of an accident is like hating your runners when
    > you've twisted your ankle.
    >
    > At the end of the day it all comes down to user error.

    Or, just trolling ...

  9. ray

    ray Guest

    Hawkmoon wrote:
    > Went for a lovely ride on Good Friday.....got caught in the rain
    > coming back....bike slipped in the wet....fell...now I have a broken
    > collar bone.....
    >
    > I hate my my bike.....

    You don't really hate your bike, you hate the weather that caused the
    bingle. I hate screws that strip and tolerance fit components that won't
    go in or out. it happens to all of us.

  10. Hawkmoon

    Hawkmoon Guest

    On 18 Apr 2006 20:49:07 -0700, "Bleve" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Marx SS wrote:
    >> you would think spite would be towards rain, or maybe that combo of
    >> rain/road/bike.
    >>
    >> Hating a bike because of an accident is like hating your runners when
    >> you've twisted your ankle.
    >>
    >> At the end of the day it all comes down to user error.

    >Or, just trolling ...

    The accident was real, the 6 + weeks in a sling will be real, Blaming
    the bike was just a rant. I know it was my own fault.

    I will get back on, but next time I will remeber my age and try to be
    more careful.

  11. Donga

    Donga Guest

    Having smashed a collar bone years ago and knowing it as f*cking
    painful, I'm not sure whether to admire Cadel and the Chicken, or their
    pharmacologists! Riding with such a thing is incomprehensible! I hope
    you are OK Hawkmoon.

    Donga

  12. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-19, Hawkmoon (aka Bruce)
    > I will get back on, but next time I will remeber my age and try to be
    > more careful.

    But that would be little fun, would it?

    Crashing's OK, as long as you don't injur yourself too badly. You
    have much to learn, grasshopper.

    You know what I hate about night time riding? You think you are
    absolutely flying along, the wind seems to be at your back, and then
    you get home and check the computer, and nope, you weren't flying at
    all.

    I think I might have been stealth tonight, or perhaps something in the
    air. Got two cars pull out in front of me, saw one pull out in front
    of someone else. I had my flashers on my helmet, my 5W and 15W all
    running. Perhaps I was too bright? Dazzled their poor little minds?

    --
    TimC
    mathematician, n.:

  13. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    well last Friday wasn't all that good when the line squall rolled across the bay...shame about the collar bone...thought I'd be a candidate too for a bit of ruffntumble getting home in the murk!

    I know the forecast was for nasty wet stuff late in the day, but no matter had to get out and breathe the air so it called for a liesurely cruise down to Port Melbourne along B'tchRd, then up the suicide path through St Kilda and Middle Park beach, dodging strolling meanderers on the path...( yeah I know) but it just felt right...at Station Pier, saw that the skies were getting heavy out over the You Yangs and decided maybe could make it back to Beau-y before the heavens opened and the gales hit horizontal vector

    But alas, managed to get to the Elwood tea houses and whammo...time for a hot cross bun and a warm tea and hope this bloody inconvenience would blow itself out...after watching the cafe guy chase his umbrella's into the park, and listen to the conversation of the nice middle aged couple on hybrids ...like "darlink, iz best vee go homz no?...yah sveety, vee go and make ya ya yes?" ...so being intrigued and almost falling off my cafe stool in laughter..I felt brave enough to venture into the gale, thinking..oh darn the MP3 isnt all that water proof, no rain jacket, looks like curtains for my music accompaniement, better just not do the exposed B'tchRd and those Shamals are too wide a profile anyway and will sail beautifully like a mains'l over canvassed...well being unable to reef them lovelly low wind beauties..it was time to bid farewell to "zee ya ya luvvers"' and brave it...

    well easier said than done but back street shenanigans, footpath tree hugging and quiet laneways all the way to Bluff Road, and then open air blowing gale, wet to skin, sodded MP3 and filthy black wheels that were formerly gleaming stainless and quite elegant natural rubber wall tires, now looking very sad with brake soot ( like a runway model after the champagne went off in her moosh)... Bay Road Highett some how seemed to be full of moronic demons in 4wCages making their own rainstorms out of the water on the road...d..kwads...had all my 7 lights blaring but no difference to them, they roard as close as they could soaking me and I could be sure I heard the "Ha Ha's"from the cosy dry cabins of oilsucking monsters...

    However in spite of it all, managed to get home unscathed, just like soaked cardboard, no damage, bike was a mess, so it went into the bath and I washed her down with truck wash (CT18-great stuff), brush to the wheels, couldnt bear them looking so miserable, and then finally me, hot shower, warm snuggle boots and a hot toddy with rum chaser...

    Summer has well and truly pi..ed orf!

    Now I need a few trips OS to top off the duty free supplies of fire water and take what winter has in store full on...

    every now and then we need to get out and do this...sitting inside and deciding not to ride when the weather turns a bit sour is something the cagers want us to do...dont let them win...and at $140+/l..woohoo, reckon a lot of bikes will be out of mothballs in the coming weeks

    Ride on, no matter what...ride!!

  14. Euan

    Euan Guest

    rooman wrote:

    > every now and then we need to get out and do this...sitting inside and
    > deciding not to ride when the weather turns a bit sour is something the
    > cagers want us to do...dont let them win...and at $140+/l..woohoo,
    > reckon a lot of bikes will be out of mothballs in the coming weeks

    One of the best things I did was move to a house five kms from the
    nearest train station. In missed two bike rides to work due to foul
    weather.

    Rain, don't care. Cross winds *eeep*
    --
    Cheers | ~~ [email protected]
    Euan | ~~ _-\<,

  15. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    rooman wrote:
    > well last Friday wasn't all that good when the line squall rolled across
    > the bay...shame about the collar bone...thought I'd be a candidate too
    > for a bit of ruffntumble getting home in the murk!

    I went MTB riding at Lysterfield with a couple of friends from BBN.
    Let me tell you about mud and riding no matter what one day ... :)

  16. Marx SS

    Marx SS New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2004
    July/August: Thursday night dirt cirts @ Westgate (Melb).
    Cold, muddy, wet & dark - but loving it. :D

  17. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    Marx SS wrote:
    > July/August: Thursday night dirt cirts @ Westgate (Melb).
    > Cold, muddy, wet & dark - but loving it. :D

    I thought they were only over summer/daylight savings?

    Might have to have a punt at them if they're on, do they have F grade?
    I'm a -chump- on my MTB :) Knowing MTB grade names, maybe I need to
    ask for "sport-novice-Ubernovice with no clue" or something?

  18. Marx SS

    Marx SS New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2004
    Yep, well anything below B grade fits into C grade at FGP Dirt Crits.
    Most weeks it's usually 7 in A grade, 12 in B grade & 38 in C grade.
    C grade has a few races happening within it, looking at the laps times shows that there's something for everyone in C grade - even B graders.....

    If you can scare up a HID light then rock up any Thursday night through the darker months.

    The short 30mins - intence, fast & dark MTB racing at Westgate certainly adds something different to the regular diet of 2hr+ weekend MTB racing events.