I hate specialized bikes

Well I hate you for not riding one and not trying before you open your mouth, idiot

Originally Posted by JJMJ .

Well I hate you for not riding one and not trying before you open your mouth, idiot
Great first post. You are responding to a 5 year old thread.

I have little affinity for them after they used their financial might and spent millions to try and crush Volagi, consisting of two former Specialized employees, which would have resulted in a grand total of an estimated $40k max of encoachement upon Specialized sales. Yes, spent millions to try and salvage a potential forty thousand dollar loss. Forget about trying to make a point, this was borderline mental illness and has forever tainted the Specialized brand. My new Concor should be arriving in the next few days and hopefully my derrier will find a comfortable home so I can put the Romin up on eBay. They make great bikes and some good saddles (I owned one of the original Allez back in the day, and more recently a Tarmac SL3), but I don't do business with spiteful jackasses.

Originally Posted by danfoz

Great first post. You are responding to a 5 year old thread.

I have little affinity for them after they used their financial might and spent millions to try and crush Volagi, consisting of two former Specialized employees, which would have resulted in a grand total of an estimated $40k max of encoachement upon Specialized sales. Yes, spent millions to try and salvage a potential forty thousand dollar loss. Forget about trying to make a point, this was borderline mental illness and has forever tainted the Specialized brand. My new Concor should be arriving in the next few days and hopefully my derrier will find a comfortable home so I can put the Romin up on eBay. They make great bikes and some good saddles (I owned one of the original Allez back in the day, and more recently a Tarmac SL3), but I don't do business with spiteful jackasses.
They're just getting worse and worse with their spin. It's good to see volagi are still going alright.

Originally Posted by ambal

They're just getting worse and worse with their spin. It's good to see volagi are still going alright.
Glad to hear volagi's doing alright. Did i actually use the term mental illness lol. Still riding on that Romin btw.

Forget about trying to make a point, this was borderline mental illness ...
We must join with them danfoz...
evil.png
big-smile.png

0.jpg

You know of what I speak of...
big-smile.png

danfoz said:
 Glad to hear volagi's doing alright. Did i actually use the term mental illness lol. Still riding on that Romin btw.
Volagi seems to be doing quite well. They've added a steel frame and a titanium frame to their line of bikes.

Originally Posted by alienator

Volagi seems to be doing quite well. They've added a steel frame and a titanium frame to their line of bikes.
The materials science definition of toughness as it relates to titanium seems like it would be an ideal material for their design. I had an American Flyer T2 titanium frame in the 90's which was tracking slightly off while "hands free" and it was determined to be out of alignment. The guys at the shop were blown away by how far they had to bend it to exceed the elastic(?) limit. Apparently it took 3 guys a few hours to move the chainstays over just a couple mm's, and I distinctly recall the shop owner saying something along the lines of "I'll be damned if I ever have to re-align another ti frame". True story.

For those 3 years I knew at least I was guaranteed a good flick at Christmas ;)
Why must we not use it?
big-smile.png

Why dont you just accept that they are the fastest and JOIN THEM danfoz...
evil.png
big-smile.png

0.jpg

0.jpg

Alienator you fool!!!
evil.png
big-smile.png

"Oh did they? They added two new frames? Guess what... I dont trust their research... and their guarantee!"
big-smile.png

0.jpg

That thing looks like it fell out of the Ugly Tree and hit every limb on the way down.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
That thing looks like it fell out of the Ugly Tree and hit every limb on the way down.
Yeah it ain't pretty mate.

Originally Posted by Volnix
Why must we not use it?
big-smile.png
Go for it, I wouldn't I tell anyone else what to ride. My SL3 was one of the worst high speed descending bike I've owned. She looked great propped up against a wall though and rode very well at speeds below 45mph. She was was like a pretty girl who was lousy in the sack. There are so many other glorious bikes to own and/or ride.

Ad that to my rant above and there you have it.

danfoz said:
Go for it, I wouldn't I tell anyone else what to ride. My SL3 was one of the worst high speed descending bike I've owned. She looked great propped up against a wall though and rode very well at speeds below 45mph. She was was like a pretty girl who was lousy in the sack. There are so many other glorious bikes to own and/or ride. Ad that to my rant above and there you have it.
Yup. The best bike is the one that does what you want it to, and there certainly is no shortage of bikes to try.

Yup. The best bike is the one that does what you want it to, and there certainly is no shortage of bikes to try.
I would like to take a Roubaix with the "team" geometry out for a whirl though.

Would you?
big-smile.png

I guess you dont care for some sprints...
big-smile.png

Really though... Spesh makes some pretty nice bikes... Maybe their CEO's or whatever they are called dont have mucht contact with the engineering department and maybe their law department are drones but still I think the bikes are pretty damn good.

If I would flip Spesh it would be for a Look at the mo but they are well, very well, expensive...
confused.png

steve said:
Yeah it ain't pretty mate.
If it does what the rider wants and if the owner likes the way it looks, that's all that matters. Its form follows its function.

danfoz said:
Almost all of the bikes I want to take for a whirl are made from a combination of elements 81, 13, and 23. Almost. I am happy for now taking my Look 595 for a whirl.