I hate specialized bikes

Quoted from alien in some reply:
"Its form follows its function."

Its function must be to serve as what a bicycle should not look like.

It's **** ugly. Sinfully ugly. Pathetically ugly.

It's so ugly, when you ride it to the bank they turn off the cameras.

If ugliness were bricks, it would be the Great Wall Of China.

It's so ugly, the designers had to put tinted windows on their CAD screens.

It's so ugly, when you park it in the sand cats try to bury it.

Drugaholic hipsters even think it's ugly.

It's so ugly that patent attorneys would rather be seen on a Roubaix.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Quoted from alien in some reply:
"Its form follows its function."

Its function must be to serve as what a bicycle should not look like.

It's **** ugly. Sinfully ugly. Pathetically ugly.

It's so ugly, when you ride it to the bank they turn off the cameras.

If ugliness were bricks, it would be the Great Wall Of China.

It's so ugly, the designers had to put tinted windows on their CAD screens.

It's so ugly, when you park it in the sand cats try to bury it.

Drugaholic hipsters even think it's ugly.

It's so ugly that patent attorneys would rather be seen on a Roubaix.
It's so ugly that I'd rather be seen on a recumbent than on that abortion.
silly.png

Originally Posted by mpre53
It's so ugly that I'd rather be seen on a recumbent than on that abortion.
silly.png
No no no, thats going too far. seriously!
tongue.png

It's a toss up.

Geezer trike or...the ugly bike with the fake Italian sounding name?

I think I'm going for the one without the fully housed cables, downtube stolen from an Electra and seatpost from Hell.

Almost all of the bikes I want to take for a whirl are made from a combination of stale marshmellows, dried oatmeal and well aged cheddar. But only if they use high modulus extra-sharp cheddar.

Volagi - I'm sure that name came from a two part throw up after 20 beers and a spicy salami pizza. Maybe the resulting mess was the inspiration for the design.

VOOOOOOO-laaa-gi....woahoa-ah-oh!

When da beer hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's Volagi!

Originally Posted by swampy1970

Volagi - I'm sure that name came from a two part throw up after 20 beers and a spicy salami pizza. Maybe the resulting mess was the inspiration for the design.
Yeah it's gotta be one of the most retarded names in cycling.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/03/worlds-fastest-bike-mclaren-and-specialized-team-up-with-a-venge-ance/ :cool:

My brother owns a nice shop and sells a lot of Specialized bikes. He recommends them because you get a lot for your money. He also does MTB rides with the owner of Specialized in CO from time to time and tells me that guy can ride. They will knock our a few hundred offroad miles in a weekend.
I've owned a few of their MTB bikes but none of their road bikes. For me, my Stumpjumper feels awesome and it's quick. Sure, they have an extreme high end line of bikes but those are really for their race teams and people who like to spend $10k on bikes. Wait a year and the new tech that works from those bikes will be on the ones tat are half the price.

For those of you complaining about the name or the logo.......really? Is that why you ride? You can't even see those things when you're riding. Seems a little shallow to me.

brcjacks said:
My brother owns a nice shop and sells a lot of Specialized bikes. He recommends them because you get a lot for your money. He also does MTB rides with the owner of Specialized in CO from time to time and tells me that guy can ride. They will knock our a few hundred offroad miles in a weekend. I've owned a few of their MTB bikes but none of their road bikes. For me, my Stumpjumper feels awesome and it's quick. Sure, they have an extreme high end line of bikes but those are really for their race teams and people who like to spend $10k on bikes. Wait a year and the new tech that works from those bikes will be on the ones tat are half the price. For those of you complaining about the name or the logo.......really?  Is that why you ride? You can't even see those things when you're riding. Seems a little shallow to me.
The hate is more directed at the company and its litigious nature, than the product. Every bike today is a rolling billboard. I'm riding a Cannondale presently, and the graphics make a Specialized look downright muted. :big-smile:

Lol. Its like a big truck with big tires and a light rack on top. They look silly. I don't know. Maybe if you can't afford to buy something like this you might harbor some resentment. I mean who cares? Good for them to buy themselves something specialized. How about those girls who wear their name with diamonds on their necklace? Do they bug you too. Lol some people love this stuff. What's their to hate? I always think of this stuff as entertainment. How ridiculous they look sometimes. I laugh at cars that are specialized. Notice me I am here. They are making themselves feel special I guess.