I hate the Cutters in France

Chiefhiawatha

Guest
Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.

I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?

embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.

And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid tshirt,
getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.

[email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
>
> I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
>

> embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.
>
> And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
> tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.

Nah, it doesn't make you cool, it makes you Belgian. Haven't you ever seen those guys along with the
Italian fans dressing in stupid clothes, bearing signs with elaborate likenesses of their heroes and
proclaiming others as Gods (Vandebroucke). These people are just into
it. For the moment? Maybe. But you don't know the reasons behind what they're doing. Is it
possible, just for a moment, that they may know more about the sport than you? I know that
sounds insane, but at least they're there supporting a team, and if it brings better exposure
to racing in the US, I'm all for it.

Tom

Tom Arsenault wrote:

> [email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> > tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
> >
> > I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
> >

> > embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.
> >
> > And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
> > tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.
>
> Nah, it doesn't make you cool, it makes you Belgian. Haven't you ever seen those guys along with
> the Italian fans dressing in stupid clothes, bearing signs with elaborate likenesses of their
> heroes and proclaiming others as Gods (Vandebroucke). These people are just into
> it. For the moment? Maybe. But you don't know the reasons behind what they're doing. Is it
> possible, just for a moment, that they may know more about the sport than you? I know that
> sounds insane, but at least they're there supporting a team, and if it brings better exposure
> to racing in the US, I'm all for it.
>
> Tom

Without fan(atic)s, there is only amateur sports and that without organization. They are the targets
of the sponsors.

Tom Arsenault <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote:

> > Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> > tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes. I was riding up ventoux while
> > you were doing the Macarena, got it?

> > embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.

Those guys jumped the shark a while ago.

(Ouch! Well, somebody had to say it.)

> > And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
> > tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.

> Nah, it doesn't make you cool, it makes you Belgian.

If we Americans want to be true cycling fans, we must aspire to be like these guys:

http://www.velonews.com/images/news/191.100.f.jpg

For editorial commentary by Adam Myerson,

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20010207032112.03216.00001299%40ng-co1.aol.com

The funny thing about those assholes is they are not even from Indiana. They are from Philly and are
at the PRO Championship all the time.....

"chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
>
> I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
>

> embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.
>
> And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
> tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.

I never heard of them until I read your article. Yeah, I guess I can join you in your hatred.

"chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
>
> I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
>

> embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.
>
> And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
> tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.

--------------010507050006030000000901 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed

If increased exposure to cyucling in US means there are more sour bastards like armstrong, then I'm
sure it is not a good thing....

Tom Arsenault wrote:

>[email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>

>>Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
>>tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
>>
>>I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
>>

>>embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.
>>
>>And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
>>tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.
>>

>Nah, it doesn't make you cool, it makes you Belgian. Haven't you ever seen those guys along with
>the Italian fans dressing in stupid clothes, bearing signs with elaborate likenesses of their
>heroes and proclaiming others as Gods (Vandebroucke). These people are just into
>it. For the moment? Maybe. But you don't know the reasons behind what they're doing. Is it
> possible, just for a moment, that they may know more about the sport than you? I know that
> sounds insane, but at least they're there supporting a team, and if it brings better exposure
> to racing in the US, I'm all for it.
>
>Tom

--------------010507050006030000000901 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta
increased exposure to cyucling in US means there are more sour bastards like armstrong, then I'm
cite="[email protected]"> <pre wrap=""><a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>
(chiefhiawatha) wrote in message news:<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:chiefhiawatha-1-
[email protected]"><[email protected]></a>... </pre> <blockquote
type="cite"> <pre wrap="">Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France
wearing the CUTTERS tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.

I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?

embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.

And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid tshirt,
getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool. </pre> </blockquote> <pre
wrap=""><!----> Nah, it doesn't make you cool, it makes you Belgian. Haven't you ever seen those
guys along with the Italian fans dressing in stupid clothes, bearing signs with elaborate likenesses
of their heroes and proclaiming others as Gods (Vandebroucke). These people are just into
it. For the moment? Maybe. But you don't know the reasons behind what they're doing. Is it
possible, just for a moment, that they may know more about the sport than you? I know that
sounds insane, but at least they're there supporting a team, and if it brings better exposure
to racing in the US, I'm all for it.

--------------010507050006030000000901--

[email protected] (Tom Arsenault) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> > tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
> >
> > I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
> >

> > embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.
> >
> > And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
> > tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.
>
> Nah, it doesn't make you cool, it makes you Belgian. Haven't you ever seen those guys along with
> the Italian fans dressing in stupid clothes, bearing signs with elaborate likenesses of their
> heroes and proclaiming others as Gods (Vandebroucke). These people are just into
> it. For the moment? Maybe. But you don't know the reasons behind what they're doing. Is it
> possible, just for a moment, that they may know more about the sport than you? I know that
> sounds insane, but at least they're there supporting a team, and if it brings better exposure
> to racing in the US, I'm all for it.
>
> Tom

Chief is right - those ass-clowns are bad news. I've run across them on a couple stages and they are
serious perpetuators of "stupid american". I wonder how they will fare now that anti-US sentiment is
running high over in France. Bring a flag, wear a jersey, but the whale is so stupid. The Belgians
(and better yet-the Dutch) are far more interesting. Riding through the Dutch Corner at l'Alp last
time was a site to remember. This Cutters crew are just a bunch of Cat 4 frat boys.

-a

(addendum - I have to say I did like the "lead blockers" in the tour a few years ago. The guys in
full football gear leading lance up the climb was probably one of the most inventive ideas I'd seen
at the tour.)

These assholes are not even Cat 4's in the Philly area. They watched the movie and then decided that
they were going to go to another country and act like total asses.

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I never heard of them until I read your article. Yeah, I guess I can join you in your hatred.
>

> "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> > tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
> >
> > I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
> >

> > embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.
> >
> > And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
> > tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.

chiefhiawatha <[email protected]> wrote:
> Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.

In spite of all the answers, I still don't know what "Cutters" actually refers to.

Didier

--
Didier A Depireux [email protected] [email protected] 685 W.Baltimore Str
http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm Anatomy and Neurobiology Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:52:33 +0000 (UTC), "Didier A. Depireux" <[email protected]> wrote:

>chiefhiawatha <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
>> tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
>
>In spite of all the answers, I still don't know what "Cutters" actually refers to.

In the cycling movie 'Breaking Away' the college students called the local kids 'Cutters' because
most of the locals used to work at the stone quarry in town. Local kids start cycling team, name it
'Cutters' and kick college kids asses in the annual bike race.

A feel good movie for the ages.

Lindsay
----------------------------
"One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

P.J. O'Rourke

"Didier A. Depireux" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> chiefhiawatha <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> > tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
>
> In spite of all the answers, I still don't know what "Cutters" actually refers to.
>
> Didier

Breaking Away is a classic movie about a kid who races in the "Little Indy 500". A bike race in
Bloomington for Indiana University. CUTTERS is the team of the movie's hero. There's tons of info on
it out there. If you read this newsgroup, you would probably enjoy it.

-a

[email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
>
> I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
>

> embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.
>
> And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
> tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.

No. You are the asshole! And I'll tell you why. First off get your frame pump out of your ass and
chill. That shark isn't an embarrassment, you are, for pretending to be an european elitist and an
apologist for America. The shark is way cool as is waving the U.S. flag in france because it pisses
assholes like yourself off.

Secondly, the guys wearing the CUTTERS t-shirts do understand the movie and unlike you what it is to
be a fan of the TDF. The American riders in the TDF are looked down upon by the established european
cycling culture just like the townies were looked down upon by the U of I students. Get it?

> I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?

What's up with that? For which team in the TDF were you "riding up the ventoux" on? The only "riding
up the ventoux" you were doing was as a tourist on a triple chain ring with a 29 on the back. Now
that is an embarrassment.

[email protected] (Buzz) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> > tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
> >
> > I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
> >

> > embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.
> >
> > And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
> > tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.
>
> No. You are the asshole! And I'll tell you why. First off get your frame pump out of your ass and
> chill. That shark isn't an embarrassment, you are, for pretending to be an european elitist and an
> apologist for America. The shark is way cool as is waving the U.S. flag in france because it
> pisses assholes like yourself off.

Where in this thread does anybody apologize for America? Waving the flag is great and I'm all for
it. It's the stupid american frat boy antics that I'm against - be it on French soil or US.

> Secondly, the guys wearing the CUTTERS t-shirts do understand the movie and unlike you what it
> is to be a fan of the TDF. The American riders in the TDF are looked down upon by the
> established european cycling culture just like the townies were looked down upon by the U of I
> students. Get it?

Ok - that is worst comparitive analysis I've read here in a while. The American riders that are
over in Europe today are widely successful. The Cutters were townies with little money and
humble means relative to the IU frat boys who compete in the race. Your parallel would be valid
if it were related to the 7-11 team in its first Giro, but for the US riders in today's Tour -
totally ********.

> > I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
>
> What's up with that? For which team in the TDF were you "riding up the ventoux" on? The only
> "riding up the ventoux" you were doing was as a tourist on a triple chain ring with a 29 on the
> back. Now that is an embarrassment.

Buzz - get back to the your place as Cat 6 pack fodder. The point here is that these guys are a
bunch of Bandwagoners. I can't vouch for Chief's gearing, but there are plenty of folks who ride the
mountains as some pretty intense training over there prior to stages (myself included). Let Chief
speak for himself - but if he's not the RBR fattie that you accuse him of - then you have come up
with a total of ZERO valid points. Sorry chump (if he does ride a triple with a 29, then yeah -
that's a bit embarassing).

-a (rode Ventoux in a 39-23 carrying a messenger bag)

"Andrew Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Buzz) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Buzz - get back to the your place as Cat 6 pack fodder. The point here is that these guys are a
> bunch of Bandwagoners. I can't vouch for Chief's gearing, but there are plenty of folks who ride
> the mountains as some pretty intense training over there prior to stages (myself included). Let
> Chief speak for himself - but if he's not the RBR fattie that you accuse him of - then you have
> come up with a total of ZERO valid points. Sorry chump (if he does ride a triple with a 29, then
> yeah - that's a bit embarassing).
>
> -a (rode Ventoux in a 39-23 carrying a messenger bag)

Now that is sick! Riding around with a French colostomy bag.

Dashii

"Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<P57Ia.23129$hz1.33026@sccrnsc01>...
> "Andrew Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > -a (rode Ventoux in a 39-23 carrying a messenger bag)
>
> Now that is sick! Riding around with a French colostomy bag.
>
> Dashii

Sorry Dash - I don't get it. Are you saying that a messenger bag is ugly? I think I lost something
in the translation.

-a

"Andrew Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > "Andrew Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > -a (rode Ventoux in a 39-23 carrying a messenger bag)
> >
> > Now that is sick! Riding around with a French colostomy bag.
> >
> > Dashii
>
> Sorry Dash - I don't get it. Are you saying that a messenger bag is ugly? I think I lost something
> in the translation.

Sorry, was supposed to be funny, I forgot the: <G>

Dashii

> -a

I hate to ask another question, but what shark?

news:[email protected]...