I hate the Cutters in France

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Chiefhiawatha, Jun 14, 2003.

  1. catbsq

    catbsq Guest

    http://www.procyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=1329

    "The reaction to our Cutters shirts was great. People were yelling to us, "Tape me in!" and "Go you
    Cutters." There were even some people that recognized us from the 2002 Tour coverage on OLN. With
    the race close to finishing we got in the car again and headed to Lemon Hill were the real Philly
    Cycling fans are. As we were walking up the backside of the climb the announcer yelled out over the
    mic, "hey it's the Cutters," and went on the explain the the crowd of a couple thousand that we are
    "famous" for our Tour exploits."

    These guys totally suck ass. Not content to be just fans of the sport, they feel the need to be so
    totally over the top as to think that they are going to attract fans of their own.

    Just like that German Devil asshole that follows the tour. He acts like a

    team car over that stupid whale...

    "Matthew Warner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > These assholes are not even Cat 4's in the Philly area. They watched the movie and then decided
    > that they were going to go to another country and
    act
    > like total asses.
    >

    > "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I never heard of them until I read your article. Yeah, I guess I can
    join
    > > you in your hatred.
    > >

    > > "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
    > > > tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
    > > >
    > > > I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
    > > >

    > > > embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.
    > > >
    > > > And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
    > > > tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.

  2. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

  3. joyoh

    joyoh New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2003
    my credentials are these- my mother is french and i have lived in france off and on, and i raced all the way back in the day in colorado against eric heiden, the 7-11 guys, and once against greg lemond- (he lapped me at least twice). though Breaking Away is cheesy, i must admit it did make me feel good about being a cyclist way back in the day. I voted against both Bush and Shrub. all that said, i must come to the defense of the Cutters. i happened to stand with them on the final day and through them my fourteen year old was able to shake lance's hand. we moved down near them 8 hours before the race as they set up. i didn't know who they were at that point, but i knew they were going to be fun to watch the finish with. and they were. yes they were a bit like a dorky r rated comedy at times, but they were funny and generous and 'real' supporters of lance. by the end of the day it was a pretty wild party, with several west pointers just back from iraq and a hord of others. I met, among others an asian-american from manhattan, an african american from california, a hispanic american form san diego. some knew load about what they were seeing others very little. but i must say that no one was disrespectful or harsh. the loudest post cheer came for ullrich and he acknowledged it with a huge smile. I think the original poster is just a bitter loser- someone who gets off on thinking of himself as 'in' and wanting to keep others 'out'. All i know is that lance armstrong loved the support and it was a great blast to both sing the national anthem with my fellow statesmen and women, and also to go home that night and enjoy a fabulous french wine. vive la tour!
    :eek:

  4. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Nice posting but the best wines come from California now.

    "joyoh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Andrew Martin wrote:
    > > [email protected] (Buzz) wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > [email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in message
    > > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > No. You are the asshole! And I'll tell you why. First off get
    your
    > > > frame pump out of your ass and chill. That shark isn't an embarrassment, you are, for
    > > > pretending to be an european
    elitist and
    > > > an apologist for America. The shark is way cool as is waving
    the U.S.
    > > > flag in france because it pisses assholes like yourself off.
    > > >
    > > Where in this thread does anybody apologize for America? Waving
    the flag
    > > is great and I'm all for
    > > it. It's the stupid american frat boy antics that I'm against -
    be it on
    > > French soil or US.
    > > > Secondly, the guys wearing the CUTTERS t-shirts do understand
    the
    > > > movie and unlike you what it is to be a fan of the TDF. The
    American
    > > > riders in the TDF are looked down upon by the established
    european
    > > > cycling culture just like the townies were looked down upon by
    the U
    > > > of I students. Get it?
    > > Ok - that is worst comparitive analysis I've read here in a
    while. The
    > > American riders that are over in Europe today are widely
    successful. The
    > > Cutters were townies with little money and humble means relative
    to the
    > > IU frat boys who compete in the race. Your parallel would be
    valid if it
    > > were related to the 7-11 team in its first Giro, but for the US
    riders
    > > in today's Tour - totally bull****.

    > > > What's up with that? For which team in the TDF were you
    "riding up the
    > > > ventoux" on? The only "riding up the ventoux" you were doing
    was as a
    > > > tourist on a triple chain ring with a 29 on the back. Now that
    is an
    > > > embarrassment.
    > > Buzz - get back to the your place as Cat 6 pack fodder. The
    point here
    > > is that these guys are a bunch of Bandwagoners. I can't vouch
    for
    > > Chief's gearing, but there are plenty of folks who ride the
    mountains as
    > > some pretty intense training over there prior to stages (myself included). Let Chief speak for
    > > himself - but if he's not the RBR
    fattie
    > > that you accuse him of - then you have come up with a total of
    ZERO
    > > valid points. Sorry chump (if he does ride a triple with a 29,
    then yeah
    > > - that's a bit embarassing). -a (rode Ventoux in a 39-23 carrying a messenger bag)
    >
    > my credentials are these- my mother is french and i have lived in
    france
    > off and on, and i raced all the way back in the day in colorado
    against
    > eric heiden, the 7-11 guys, and once against greg lemond- (he lapped
    me
    > at least twice). though Breaking Away is cheesy, i must admit it did make me feel good about
    > being a cyclist way back in the day. I voted against both Bush and Shrub. all that said, i must
    > come to the
    defense
    > of the Cutters. i happened to stand with them on the final day and through them my fourteen
    > year old was able to shake lance's hand. we moved down near them 8 hours before the race as
    > they set up. i
    didn't
    > know who they were at that point, but i knew they were going to be
    fun
    > to watch the finish with. and they were. yes they were a bit like a dorky r rated comedy at
    > times, but they were funny and generous and 'real' supporters of lance. by the end of the day it
    > was a pretty
    wild
    > party, with several west pointers just back from iraq and a hord of others. I met, among others an
    > asian-american from manhattan, an
    african
    > american from california, a hispanic american form san diego. some
    knew
    > load about what they were seeing others very little. but i must say
    that
    > no one was disrespectful or harsh. the loudest post cheer came for ullrich and he acknowledged it
    > with a huge smile. I think the
    original
    > poster is just a bitter loser- someone who gets off on thinking of himself as 'in' and wanting
    > to keep others 'out'. All i know is that lance armstrong loved the support and it was a great
    > blast to both
    sing
    > the national anthem with my fellow statesmen and women, and also to
    go
    > home that night and enjoy a fabulous french wine. vive la tour!
    :eek:

  5. Your Momma

    Your Momma Guest

    This is from the Bobby Julich message board...

    Wed Jun 25 22:56:23 EDT 2003 Posted by CUTTERS from Philly, PA USA Bobby....it just wont be the
    same with out. You have been one of the highlights of my Tour de France trips the last 2 years.
    1998 was the first year i really went nuts for the tour and you were the reason why. well, i guess
    i'll just have to travel to worlds to see you. and then TdF2004...if you dont get selected...i may
    boycot. you definatley had the results, despite several injuries... see you on a hill soon
    bobby....running all the way.

    When you do a properties of this dickheads Cutters name you get this email address.
    [email protected]

    Feel free to email this dweeb.....

    "Tim Lines" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > TritonRider wrote:
    > >>From: "Tom Kunich" [email protected]
    > >

    > >>Nice posting but the best wines come from California now.
    > >>

    > > Not unless they have imported the Rheingau. Bill C
    > I'm pretty sure the Marines landed there and took it over a coupla weeks back. So not imported,
    > just annexed. You probably missed it. They snuck it in during the TdF so all the liberal, gas
    > saving, bike riding geeks would miss it.

  6. Kevin Greene

    Kevin Greene New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2003

  7. Kevin Greene

    Kevin Greene New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2003
    I am a cutter as is my son...we had a great time hanging with these guys in France the last 2 years...unlike the bitter morons who kicked off this discussion- the cutters love France,love our sport and are a true joy to be around...my son David and myself are happy to call them friends...i have been around this sport for 18 years...like all humanity it is full of pious lunatics who hate like hell to see others have a good time as well as those who can fully appreciate what a gift it is to be in france...to see this great event...just a word to matt...matt i am from philly and would be happy any day,any time to help you gain some much needed humility on the manayunk wall...you name the time...we both know how that would turn out...as for whoever the chief is...I was on the ventoux 2 years ago...funny...i did not see you

  8. Kevin Greene <[email protected]> wrote in news:3fac2546$1_3 @news.chariot.net.au:

    > I am a cutter as is my son...we had a great time hanging with these guys in France the last 2
    > years...unlike the bitter morons who kicked off this discussion- the cutters love France,love our
    > sport and are a true joy to be around...my son David and myself are happy to call them friends...i
    > have been around this sport for 18 years...like all humanity it is full of pious lunatics who hate
    > like hell to see others have a good time as well as those who can fully appreciate what a gift it
    > is to be in france...to see this great event...just a word to matt...matt i am from philly and
    > would be happy any day,any time to help you gain some much needed humility on the manayunk
    > wall...you name the time...we both know how that would turn out...as for whoever the chief is...I
    > was on the ventoux 2 years ago...funny...i did not see you

    So...

    You make your living cutting rock in quarries?

    Because that's what a cutter is... not a poser that has his wealthy parents fly him to France in
    July; then proceeds to make an ass of himself, making other Americans look bad.

    *Real* cutters are lucky to afford luxuries like food and shelter let alone a plane ticket to
    France. I'm halfway sensitive to this fact as I grew up not far from Bloomington, IN. I have some
    appreciation for the real deal.

    - Boyd S. hates posers... especially "Cutters" posers

  9. In article <[email protected]>, Kevin Greene <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am a cutter as is my son...we had a great time hanging with these guys in France the last 2
    > years...unlike the bitter morons who kicked off this discussion- the cutters love France,love our
    > sport and are a true joy to be around...my son David and myself are happy to call them friends...i
    > have been around this sport for 18 years...like all humanity it is full of pious lunatics who hate
    > like hell to see others have a good time as well as those who can fully appreciate what a gift it
    > is to be in france...to see this great event...just a word to matt...matt i am from philly and
    > would be happy any day,any time to help you gain some much needed humility on the manayunk
    > wall...you name the time...we both know how that would turn out...as for whoever the chief is...I
    > was on the ventoux 2 years ago...funny...i did not see you

    Really? Among the thousands of people, you didn't see me? Maybe your stupid shark got in the way.

  10. "Kevin Greene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... << snip >>

    What is it with these cyclingforum guys who post something to a thread that died about 3 months ago?

    This is like the third in the past month, although by different posters (I think).

  11. Amit

    Amit Guest

    Kevin Greene <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am a cutter as is my son...we had a great time hanging with these guys in France the last 2
    > years...unlike the bitter morons who kicked off this discussion- the cutters love France,love our
    > sport and are a true joy to be around...my son David and myself are happy to call them friends...i
    > have been around this sport for 18 years...like all humanity it is full of pious lunatics who hate
    > like hell to see others have a good time as well as those who can fully appreciate what a gift it
    > is to be in france...to see this great event...just a word to matt...matt i am from philly and
    > would be happy any day,any time to help you gain some much needed humility on the manayunk
    > wall...you name the time...we both know how that would turn out...as for whoever the chief is...I
    > was on the ventoux 2 years ago...funny...i did not see you

    Dumabass,

    Bicycling called, they want their readers back.

  12. Carl Sundquist wrote:
    > "Kevin Greene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]... << snip >>
    >
    >>--

    > What is it with these cyclingforum guys who post something to a thread that died about 3
    > months ago?
    >
    > This is like the third in the past month, although by different posters (I think).

    Really...

    slow...

    feeds...

    BTW I've noticed Google->Groups takes about 3 hours for a posting to appear on there. Glad my
    ISP has news.

  13. Fred Marx

    Fred Marx Guest

    .. Glad my ISP has news.

    ditto I am really pleased that mine will go through the hassle to maintain a news server.

  14. Kevin Greene

    Kevin Greene New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2003
    Boyd...my parents are not wealthy- I worked to earn the $ to go and that you are sensitive to the struggles of real cutters is heart warming...you miss the point of course...sounds as if you are bitter...ride more...it helps to drain away all that anger

  15. Carl Sundquist

    Carl Sundquist New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2003
    Not that slow.

    (Sent at 9:10 am central time)

  16. On 9 Nov 2003 02:35:36 +1050, Kevin Greene wrote:
    > ride more...it helps to drain away all that anger

    You should too, to relax that nervous twitching whenever you hit the full stop key.

  17. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    > Richard Adams wrote:
    > > Carl Sundquist wrote:
    > > >
    > > > What is it with these cyclingforum guys who post something to a
    thread
    > > > that died about 3 months ago?
    > > >
    > > > This is like the third in the past month, although by different posters (I think).
    > > Really... slow... feeds... BTW I've noticed Google->Groups takes about 3 hours for a posting
    > > to appear on there. Glad my ISP has news.
    >

    > Not that slow.
    >
    > (Sent at 9:10 am central time)

    It is not the latency at all that causes these articles to come in months after the topic is dead
    here. The issue is the way the articles are presented with the web interface. As you can see, they
    show up here the same day they are posted. The articles are broken down by category, then
    sub-category and only then by date (or age). Many articles are presented as "fresh" thate are months
    old. When the users are browsing the topics, they are just as likely to read articles that are
    months old as they are to find the newer ones.

    In addition, (this one is a guess) I am do not think that all of the articles are even presented
    there. I think there is a moderator that decides if and where to post them.