I hate the Cutters in France

http://www.procyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=1329

"The reaction to our Cutters shirts was great. People were yelling to us, "Tape me in!" and "Go you
Cutters." There were even some people that recognized us from the 2002 Tour coverage on OLN. With
the race close to finishing we got in the car again and headed to Lemon Hill were the real Philly
Cycling fans are. As we were walking up the backside of the climb the announcer yelled out over the
mic, "hey it's the Cutters," and went on the explain the the crowd of a couple thousand that we are
"famous" for our Tour exploits."

These guys totally suck ass. Not content to be just fans of the sport, they feel the need to be so
totally over the top as to think that they are going to attract fans of their own.

Just like that German Devil asshole that follows the tour. He acts like a

team car over that stupid whale...

"Matthew Warner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> These assholes are not even Cat 4's in the Philly area. They watched the movie and then decided
> that they were going to go to another country and
act
> like total asses.
>

> "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I never heard of them until I read your article. Yeah, I guess I can
join
> > you in your hatred.
> >

> > "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> > > tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
> > >
> > > I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
> > >

> > > embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.
> > >
> > > And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
> > > tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.

my credentials are these- my mother is french and i have lived in france off and on, and i raced all the way back in the day in colorado against eric heiden, the 7-11 guys, and once against greg lemond- (he lapped me at least twice). though Breaking Away is cheesy, i must admit it did make me feel good about being a cyclist way back in the day. I voted against both Bush and Shrub. all that said, i must come to the defense of the Cutters. i happened to stand with them on the final day and through them my fourteen year old was able to shake lance's hand. we moved down near them 8 hours before the race as they set up. i didn't know who they were at that point, but i knew they were going to be fun to watch the finish with. and they were. yes they were a bit like a dorky r rated comedy at times, but they were funny and generous and 'real' supporters of lance. by the end of the day it was a pretty wild party, with several west pointers just back from iraq and a hord of others. I met, among others an asian-american from manhattan, an african american from california, a hispanic american form san diego. some knew load about what they were seeing others very little. but i must say that no one was disrespectful or harsh. the loudest post cheer came for ullrich and he acknowledged it with a huge smile. I think the original poster is just a bitter loser- someone who gets off on thinking of himself as 'in' and wanting to keep others 'out'. All i know is that lance armstrong loved the support and it was a great blast to both sing the national anthem with my fellow statesmen and women, and also to go home that night and enjoy a fabulous french wine. vive la tour!
Originally posted by Andrew Martin
[email protected] (Buzz) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (chiefhiawatha) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
> > tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.
> >
> > I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
> >

> > embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.
> >
> > And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid
> > tshirt, getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.
>
> No. You are the asshole! And I'll tell you why. First off get your frame pump out of your ass and
> chill. That shark isn't an embarrassment, you are, for pretending to be an european elitist and an
> apologist for America. The shark is way cool as is waving the U.S. flag in france because it
> pisses assholes like yourself off.

Where in this thread does anybody apologize for America? Waving the flag is great and I'm all for
it. It's the stupid american frat boy antics that I'm against - be it on French soil or US.

> Secondly, the guys wearing the CUTTERS t-shirts do understand the movie and unlike you what it
> is to be a fan of the TDF. The American riders in the TDF are looked down upon by the
> established european cycling culture just like the townies were looked down upon by the U of I
> students. Get it?

Ok - that is worst comparitive analysis I've read here in a while. The American riders that are
over in Europe today are widely successful. The Cutters were townies with little money and
humble means relative to the IU frat boys who compete in the race. Your parallel would be valid
if it were related to the 7-11 team in its first Giro, but for the US riders in today's Tour -
totally bull****.

> > I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?
>
> What's up with that? For which team in the TDF were you "riding up the ventoux" on? The only
> "riding up the ventoux" you were doing was as a tourist on a triple chain ring with a 29 on the
> back. Now that is an embarrassment.

Buzz - get back to the your place as Cat 6 pack fodder. The point here is that these guys are a
bunch of Bandwagoners. I can't vouch for Chief's gearing, but there are plenty of folks who ride the
mountains as some pretty intense training over there prior to stages (myself included). Let Chief
speak for himself - but if he's not the RBR fattie that you accuse him of - then you have come up
with a total of ZERO valid points. Sorry chump (if he does ride a triple with a 29, then yeah -
that's a bit embarassing).

-a (rode Ventoux in a 39-23 carrying a messenger bag)
:eek:

Nice posting but the best wines come from California now.

"joyoh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [...]
african
> american from california, a hispanic american form san diego. some
knew
> load about what they were seeing others very little. but i must say
that
> no one was disrespectful or harsh. the loudest post cheer came for ullrich and he acknowledged it
> with a huge smile. I think the
original
> poster is just a bitter loser- someone who gets off on thinking of himself as 'in' and wanting
> to keep others 'out'. All i know is that lance armstrong loved the support and it was a great
> blast to both
sing
> the national anthem with my fellow statesmen and women, and also to
go
> home that night and enjoy a fabulous french wine. vive la tour!

This is from the Bobby Julich message board...

Wed Jun 25 22:56:23 EDT 2003 Posted by CUTTERS from Philly, PA USA Bobby....it just wont be the
same with out. You have been one of the highlights of my Tour de France trips the last 2 years.
1998 was the first year i really went nuts for the tour and you were the reason why. well, i guess
i'll just have to travel to worlds to see you. and then TdF2004...if you dont get selected...i may
boycot. you definatley had the results, despite several injuries... see you on a hill soon
bobby....running all the way.

When you do a properties of this dickheads Cutters name you get this email address.
[email protected]

Feel free to email this dweeb.....

"Tim Lines" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:gEhXa.41380$Oz4.12156@rwcrnsc54...

> TritonRider wrote:
> >>From: "Tom Kunich" [email protected]
> >

> >>Nice posting but the best wines come from California now.
> >>

> > Not unless they have imported the Rheingau. Bill C
> I'm pretty sure the Marines landed there and took it over a coupla weeks back. So not imported,
> just annexed. You probably missed it. They snuck it in during the TdF so all the liberal, gas
> saving, bike riding geeks would miss it.

Originally posted by Chiefhiawatha
Am I the only one who hates that group of Americans going around in France wearing the CUTTERS
tshirts? You discovered neither that movie nor the TDF, assholes.

I was riding up ventoux while you were doing the Macarena, got it?

embarrassing the rest of us on French soil.

And American magazines, stop giving these poseurs de luxe any more ink. Putting on a stupid tshirt,
getting drunk, and waving a large flag does NOT make you cool.

I am a cutter as is my son...we had a great time hanging with these guys in France the last 2 years...unlike the bitter morons who kicked off this discussion- the cutters love France,love our sport and are a true joy to be around...my son David and myself are happy to call them friends...i have been around this sport for 18 years...like all humanity it is full of pious lunatics who hate like hell to see others have a good time as well as those who can fully appreciate what a gift it is to be in france...to see this great event...just a word to matt...matt i am from philly and would be happy any day,any time to help you gain some much needed humility on the manayunk wall...you name the time...we both know how that would turn out...as for whoever the chief is...I was on the ventoux 2 years ago...funny...i did not see you

Kevin Greene <[email protected]> wrote in news:3fac2546$1_3 @news.chariot.net.au:

> I am a cutter as is my son...we had a great time hanging with these guys in France the last 2
> years...unlike the bitter morons who kicked off this discussion- the cutters love France,love our
> sport and are a true joy to be around...my son David and myself are happy to call them friends...i
> have been around this sport for 18 years...like all humanity it is full of pious lunatics who hate
> like hell to see others have a good time as well as those who can fully appreciate what a gift it
> is to be in france...to see this great event...just a word to matt...matt i am from philly and
> would be happy any day,any time to help you gain some much needed humility on the manayunk
> wall...you name the time...we both know how that would turn out...as for whoever the chief is...I
> was on the ventoux 2 years ago...funny...i did not see you

So...

You make your living cutting rock in quarries?

Because that's what a cutter is... not a poser that has his wealthy parents fly him to France in
July; then proceeds to make an ass of himself, making other Americans look bad.

*Real* cutters are lucky to afford luxuries like food and shelter let alone a plane ticket to
France. I'm halfway sensitive to this fact as I grew up not far from Bloomington, IN. I have some
appreciation for the real deal.

- Boyd S. hates posers... especially "Cutters" posers

In article <[email protected]>, Kevin Greene <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am a cutter as is my son...we had a great time hanging with these guys in France the last 2
> years...unlike the bitter morons who kicked off this discussion- the cutters love France,love our
> sport and are a true joy to be around...my son David and myself are happy to call them friends...i
> have been around this sport for 18 years...like all humanity it is full of pious lunatics who hate
> like hell to see others have a good time as well as those who can fully appreciate what a gift it
> is to be in france...to see this great event...just a word to matt...matt i am from philly and
> would be happy any day,any time to help you gain some much needed humility on the manayunk
> wall...you name the time...we both know how that would turn out...as for whoever the chief is...I
> was on the ventoux 2 years ago...funny...i did not see you

Really? Among the thousands of people, you didn't see me? Maybe your stupid shark got in the way.

Kevin Greene <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I am a cutter as is my son...we had a great time hanging with these guys in France the last 2
> years...unlike the bitter morons who kicked off this discussion- the cutters love France,love our
> sport and are a true joy to be around...my son David and myself are happy to call them friends...i
> have been around this sport for 18 years...like all humanity it is full of pious lunatics who hate
> like hell to see others have a good time as well as those who can fully appreciate what a gift it
> is to be in france...to see this great event...just a word to matt...matt i am from philly and
> would be happy any day,any time to help you gain some much needed humility on the manayunk
> wall...you name the time...we both know how that would turn out...as for whoever the chief is...I
> was on the ventoux 2 years ago...funny...i did not see you

Dumabass,

Bicycling called, they want their readers back.

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> "Kevin Greene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... << snip >>
>
>>--

> What is it with these cyclingforum guys who post something to a thread that died about 3
> months ago?
>
> This is like the third in the past month, although by different posters (I think).

Really...

slow...

feeds...

BTW I've noticed Google->Groups takes about 3 hours for a posting to appear on there. Glad my
ISP has news.

.. Glad my ISP has news.

ditto I am really pleased that mine will go through the hassle to maintain a news server.

Boyd...my parents are not wealthy- I worked to earn the $ to go and that you are sensitive to the struggles of real cutters is heart warming...you miss the point of course...sounds as if you are bitter...ride more...it helps to drain away all that anger

Originally posted by Richard Adams
Carl Sundquist wrote:

> What is it with these cyclingforum guys who post something to a thread that died about 3
> months ago?
>
> This is like the third in the past month, although by different posters (I think).

Really...

slow...

feeds...

BTW I've noticed Google->Groups takes about 3 hours for a posting to appear on there. Glad my
ISP has news.

Not that slow.

(Sent at 9:10 am central time)

On 9 Nov 2003 02:35:36 +1050, Kevin Greene wrote:
> ride more...it helps to drain away all that anger

You should too, to relax that nervous twitching whenever you hit the full stop key.

> Richard Adams wrote:
> > Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > >
> > > What is it with these cyclingforum guys who post something to a
thread
> > > that died about 3 months ago?
> > >
> > > This is like the third in the past month, although by different posters (I think).
> > Really... slow... feeds... BTW I've noticed Google->Groups takes about 3 hours for a posting
> > to appear on there. Glad my ISP has news.
>

> Not that slow.
>
> (Sent at 9:10 am central time)

It is not the latency at all that causes these articles to come in months after the topic is dead
here. The issue is the way the articles are presented with the web interface. As you can see, they
show up here the same day they are posted. The articles are broken down by category, then
sub-category and only then by date (or age). Many articles are presented as "fresh" thate are months
old. When the users are browsing the topics, they are just as likely to read articles that are
months old as they are to find the newer ones.

In addition, (this one is a guess) I am do not think that all of the articles are even presented
there. I think there is a moderator that decides if and where to post them.