I have a fast metabolism, and dont know what to eat!

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by Kez Deale, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Kez Deale

Kez Deale New Member

Hey all...

I need some help with food ...

I'm 16, and I have a very fast metabolism. I eat a bowl of cereal with youghurt and 2 bannana's on top, and I'm hungry arbout 1.5 hours later. So I was wondering, what's some food I can eat that will give me high ammounts of carbs and energy, just for general eating.

And what's some other type of food I could eat before and during a ride, to actually keep me going?

I've tried so many different things, and so far none of them have worked very well... but thing I do like are Pasta and eggs. I'll definately eat them. Fish aswell.

Thanks for your help all :)

Kez

Tags:

2. zaskar

zaskar New Member

Are you using any 420?? because that will give you munchies big time.

3. Kez Deale

Kez Deale New Member

What's 420?? I'm about to google it, but if you could explain it to me that'd be great :)

4. bigfloppyllama

bigfloppyllama New Member

420 is another name for marijuana I think. Police code or something. Anyways, I really can’t help you there. I personally think I eat a lot (lots of snacking, not too into set meals) but others think I eat very little. Before I started riding I never gained weight, and now I don’t gain weight so I figure I’m at least equalizing my intake and output. You might try your doctor, I talked to mine and he said to just watch my energy levels and eat accordingly. Staying away from the blatantly unhealthy foods as best I could.

5. MidBunchLurker

MidBunchLurker New Member

What you describe doesn't sound too unusual for someone who's training a lot. I eat breakfast, 10am lunch, 2pm lunch, and supper. In between I snack on fruit, bread (like just a slice) and yoghurt.

To make yourself feel fuller for longer, try eating foods that are higher in fibre.

6. Kez Deale

Kez Deale New Member

MidBunch, I do the same, I'm eating during class all the time, and yoghutr is a favourite...

I think I'm just going to go see a sports nutritionist